ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life ****Official 2013 Weight Loss Challenge**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268338)

BlackHelicopters 01-03-2013 10:56 AM

Doing my exercise over lunch at work. Starting with 20 minute walk. Doc says this is OK. Will walk for one month and add jogs after work Feb 1.

Buck 01-04-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9272318)
Yeah, I'm curious about this... shoot us some of your favorite recipes?

Well here are the basics.

Pretty much every type of meat is ok...unless it's been soaking in some kind of sugary marinade or it has been breaded. Most cheeses are fine, as are most green veggies. Also some nuts/seeds like almonds, pumpkin seeds/pepitas are ok.

Most of my meals are a mix of some kind of meat w/ some kind of green, and sometimes cheese is involved. That sounds really basic, but there is so much you can do with that.

Ground beef, for instance, has many things you can do with it. My favorite is to brown and add just a small amount of tomato, some jalapeno, and then some cheese on top w/ pepperoni and pretend I'm eating a pizza.

Another ground beef thing I do is ground beef w/ egg and bacon + hot sauce. To be honest, I sorta just open my fridge and grab what sounds good at the moment and toss it in a pan.

But for the last 53 weeks I've basically been eating pork chops about once a week, steak once a week, chicken twice or three times a week, tritip every couple weeks...and usually with Asparagus. I would say I ate Asparagus 150+ days last year. I just love it, it's my favorite veggie by far, and I love it just as much as I love my favorite meat (bacon).

Of course, eating this way is super cheap, I don't drop $10 at a drive thru for food, ever...and I always have leftovers and I don't have to buy lunch at work.

whoman69 01-04-2013 09:36 PM

At one point last year I had lost 15 pounds but gained 9 back. It is what it is. I gain weight every fall and winter.

BigRedChief 01-06-2013 06:09 PM

Have you guys seen this video about the paratrooper transformation from walking with braces and canes to being able to run due to yoga workouts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbVpCc_r9Sw

Ceej 01-06-2013 06:33 PM

You huskier people -- how often do you weigh yourself?

cabletech94 01-06-2013 06:34 PM

count me in for the fatties thread.

weighed in at 218 thursday. i joined the gym for the first time ever. friends with the owner. he's gonna push me. i was @ 200 a year ago october before my knee surgery. worked out yesterday, eff that elliptical machine. eff it in it's effing ear.
the rest of the workout was gym basics. felt like riding a bike. (i worked out everyday in high school 17 years ago, so i'm pretty familiar with all the workouts that i did).

ArrowheadHawk 01-06-2013 07:03 PM

Down two pounds after one week

AndChiefs 01-06-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9289785)
You huskier people -- how often do you wear yourself?

I try not to wear myself.

1ChiefsDan 01-06-2013 07:12 PM

251.6 this morning :(

Ceej 01-06-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 9289938)
I try not to wear myself.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!

Mr. Flopnuts 01-06-2013 07:16 PM

Alright, I'm starting today. I've eaten clean, no drinking, and I'll get off my fatass and get some exercise tomorrow. Wife just told me to go ahead and get the Season Tickets I've been wanting for the Chiefs next year. I have a lot to do, I gained a **** ton of weight back. I'm right at 4 bills. :(

keg in kc 01-06-2013 08:10 PM

I shouldn't be surprised by this after long experience, but not going out to eat for a single week has already dropped me 5 pounds. That may fluctuate by the 8th when I officially weigh, but I'm already under 210 again.

Running's been going well so far. 3.1 miles 1/1, 3.2 1/3 and 3.3 1/4. Minimal knee problems. I'll be doing three 40 minute runs this week.

Weather may even allow me on my bike a time or two (although I have some work to do on it first).

BigRedChief 01-06-2013 08:19 PM

Buck, I'm in.

Start 388 lbs

Buck 01-06-2013 08:40 PM

Well shit...I wanted to get some exercise today and I went and played some basketball and broke my ankle and potentially tore a ligament (have to go for MRI tomorrow). I'm bummed...

I'm going to have to miss a lot of working out until my ankle heals.

keg in kc 01-06-2013 09:39 PM

Sorry to hear that. Heal up soon.