ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto An electromagnetic pulse (commonly abbreviated EMP) just hit the USA (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266586)

R8RFAN 11-13-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9115455)
post on Chiefs planet.
then raid the liquor stores.

Won't work, stores have been empty for days, you must barter for a bottle

Steron 11-13-2012 12:32 PM

Kill my neighbor. I hate that ****er.

R8RFAN 11-13-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steron (Post 9115461)
Kill my neighbor. I hate that ****er.

For his food? You may need his strength when others come around to take what you have... Are you sure you want to kill him?

King_Chief_Fan 11-13-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9115439)
I would go to where I grew up. I know the land there. I know where Caves are that are inhabitable. Where there are springs that run year round. Where the lake makes for a defenseable place. Of course there are lots of deer, squirrel and fish.

I'm going with him

R8RFAN 11-13-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9115469)
I'm going with him

What do you have to offer him? Another mouth to feed? Another to possibly get him or his family sick... There are no meds... Why should he take a chance on you?

King_Chief_Fan 11-13-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9115473)
What do you have to offer him? Another mouth to feed? Another to possibly get him or his family sick... There are no meds... Why should he take a chance on you?

I am going to kick anyone's ass that messes with him

R8RFAN 11-13-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9115474)

He already has his own personal weapon, what are you going to be able him to offer him to realistically warrant you going with him? What if things go wrong, would you kill him to survive? I would't take you with me.

mikeyis4dcats. 11-13-2012 12:45 PM

interesting you posted this, I just finished One Second After yesterday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Second_After

Steron 11-13-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9115467)
For his food? You may need his strength when others come around to take what you have... Are you sure you want to kill him?

No because he's a douche. Seriously, the first thing I do is grab one of the horses from my mother-in-laws and head off to get my kids and wife.

Chief Roundup 11-13-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9115474)

Sorry dude. I have that covered. I already have about 20 people in my family that is going with me.
By the way I do have a large supply of antibiotics and medical supplies. Hand Crank radio. Large stock pile of dried goods. Very extensive arsenal of weapons. Been through 6 survival classes.

HoneyBadger 11-13-2012 12:49 PM

This is a type of thread Rainman normally starts.

Ace Gunner 11-13-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9115388)
This is fantasy, I am not a prepper or a doomsday thinker.
An electromagnetic pulse (commonly abbreviated EMP) just hit the USA.
After a few days
Money is worthless
Grocery Stores are empty and Looted
Electricity , Cell Phones and Water is off
Rioting in the streets.

What is your next move?... Be descriptive.

I would go down to the basement and pick up a piece of coal from the rubble down there (this building is old) and check on the generator/gas systems. Then I'd take that piece of coal out to the building side wall and write "fire Pioli" on it.

R8RFAN 11-13-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 9115494)
This is a type of thread Rainman normally starts.

Yes it is, I love his threads

Brock 11-13-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9115492)
Sorry dude. I have that covered. I already have about 20 people in my family that is going with me.
By the way I do have a large supply of antibiotics and medical supplies. Hand Crank radio. Large stock pile of dried goods. Very extensive arsenal of weapons. Been through 6 survival classes.

Hi, batman.

Romeo's Pants 11-13-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 9115487)
interesting you posted this, I just finished One Second After yesterday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Second_After

This. It was an interesting and probably a fairly realistic approximation of what to expect if something like this (or any other widespread disaster) happens. The audio book narrator is somewhat emo and does a really bad impression for all of the female character voices.

TL;DR - Cessation of emergency services and lack of electronic communication causes a widespread panic. People in cities will be the worst off. Anyone needing daily medication (diabetics) or special care is boned.