ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***Official Gruden QB Camp Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271460)

Mr_Tomahawk 04-05-2013 05:18 AM

Updated.

TribalElder 04-05-2013 07:25 AM

after watching this I bet the eagles trade up with us and get geno.

Coogs 04-05-2013 07:31 AM

If we don't take this guy at #1, then we don't ever really deserve to have a franchise QB. You have to roll the dice sometime, and this guy appears to have everything that has been in question the past couple of months. Leadership and command of the situation. The rest of the stuff has never been I doubt.

BossChief 04-05-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9558608)
If we don't take this guy at #1, then we don't ever really deserve to have a franchise QB. You have to roll the dice sometime, and this guy appears to have everything that has been in question the past couple of months. Leadership and command of the situation. The rest of the stuff has never been I doubt.

I wouldn't say that. To tell the truth, I think he was weak on the board...these guys want quarterbacks to draw up plays quickly and to explain the nuances of the play. Geno seemed slow to draw things up to me (Gruden even mentions it while Geno is drawing it up)...but seemed to be pretty good once he got going.

I was also interested to hear that WV only went into each game with around 7 plays and ran them out of multiple formations.

Geno is gonna take some developmental time to learn the WCO...I doubt very highly that he would be a quality game 1 starter.

Dayze 04-05-2013 07:56 AM

I watched the one on NFLN and Barkely intrigued me. I don't really know much about the kid. but seemed smart / quick thinker.

Mr. Laz 04-05-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9558608)

Q

aturnis 04-05-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9558627)
I watched the one on NFLN and Barkely intrigued me. I don't really know much about the kid. but seemed smart / quick thinker.

Barkley was worse than Geno with Mooch. Especially considering he has already spent 4yrs in he system.

I was actually more impressed with Geno than I thought I'd be on Gruden's QB Camp. I don't think Geno was slow on the board, he just cared what they looked like(artist), and Gruden's comment was that they were about the best drawn plays he'd seen on the show.

I thought the multiple reads and options he was able to make from one play was a lot more complex than the typical guy has on the show. It seems like the typical guy on the show has two options per play based on read, whereas Geno might have 3-4.

Also he said they MIGHT go into a game with 7 plays, not that they always do...

Agreed though, he might be best served to sit awhile and marinate in the offense.

That said, I agree with Coogs. Gotta take him. Zero questions left to answer for me...

Mr. Laz 04-05-2013 09:21 AM

seems like to me they asked Geno to make tons of reads at West Virginia

I don't see how 'understanding defenses' can be listed as a weakness

looks like he ran a hybrid Spread/West Coast/Tempo type offense to me

isn't that pretty much exactly what Andy Reid wants to run?

ChiefMojo 04-05-2013 09:26 AM

I do have concerns about Geno and bad weather. The facts are there he struggles mightily if conditions aren't nice. Something to think about if your a team that deals with cold weather and wind.

The Franchise 04-05-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9558769)
looks like to me they asked Geno to make tons of reads at West Virginia

I don't see how 'understanding defenses' can be listed as a weakness

looks like he ran a hybrid Spread/West Coast/Tempo type offense to me

isn't that pretty much exactly what Andy Reid wants to run?

They should just list his weakness as this.

Weaknesses: Came out the year after Andrew Luck and RGIII. Dark complexioned QB that doesn't run the football. No one gives a shit about West Virginia. Played on a team that had a defense who could stop no one.

Mr. Laz 04-05-2013 09:37 AM

Geno does have sort of a blank look on his face like he is confused or half asleep.

You would have to spend some time with him and see if that is just a look or not.

I assume it's not ... surely he wouldn't of been as successful as he was if he was a 'blank' guy.

Reid and Gruden have worked together before so maybe Reid with give Gruden a call and get his opinion.

ModSocks 04-05-2013 09:40 AM

One thing that's always bugged me about Geno is that he's an art major. Considering everything he could've studied, why art?

Mr. Laz 04-05-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9558805)
One thing that's always bugged me about Geno is that he's an art major. Considering everything he could've studied, why art?

less homework?

if you like to draw it sounds like a pretty easy course

Coogs 04-05-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9558800)
Geno does have sort of a blank look on his face like he is confused or half asleep.

You would have to spend some time with him and see if that is just a look or not.

I assume it's not ... surely he wouldn't of been as successful as he was if he was a 'blank' guy.

Reid and Gruden have worked together before so maybe Reid with give Gruden a call and get his opinion.

Eric "sleepy" Floyd of the NBA in the 1980's.

The Franchise 04-05-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9558805)

He's liked art since he was a little kid.