ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Why Geno Smith fell in the draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272695)

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9650860)
I said almost.

Flacco was definitely a risk. But still, those guys were taken in the 1st round because most sane GM's value the QB position highly. Geno fell completely down the board. People are looking at this through the Chiefs' usual prism of fear, but even aside from that, the whole thing is very strange.

two historically smart franchises drafted them, and they were both clearly risky moves...most of the other franchises didn't and wouldn't have drafted them anywhere near where they were taken

it's a lesson we learn and forget...learn and forget

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9650863)
You probably are too dumb to realize that he didn't just drop over the texting right?

Joe Flacco, Dan Marino, and Aaron Rodgers didn't go 39 BTW.

we're done with you...you can go home

the question you asked was answered, definitively

you're wrong

again

In58men 05-01-2013 08:58 PM

Sources say: Geno never had a phone, his agent was taking all the calls.

wazu 05-01-2013 08:59 PM

I think this is all bullshit.

O.city 05-01-2013 09:01 PM

When will the Geno stuff die?

In58men 05-01-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9650919)
I think this is all bullshit.

See the first page.

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 09:03 PM

night all

i always sleep well after clowning marcellus

Marcellus 05-01-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9650875)
Haha

In the last 6 drafts, we have drafted in the top 5 in 4 of them.

Right now, I'd trade ALL FOUR OF THOSE PLAYERS for anyof the top ten quarterbacks.

Sadly, one of those guys has already moved on to another team and another of those guys is seemingly on his last legs in KC...on a 1 year deal.

Let me give you a little treasure hunt...

Go and look at the last 10 quarterbacks to win a superbowl and come back and tell me how many of them we passed on in the draft.

I'll be right here, waiting for you intricate excuses for why it was totally fine to pass on al of them.

You keep proving my point dude. Read your post above about all these past drafts. Now read what I posted you responded to. (Pay close attention to the bolded parts, its like getting the answer to a test)

If you dont get it, its not my fault. I also have to wonder how you tie your shoes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9650805)
I would LOVE to draft a franchise QB but unlike you I realize you cant do that when they dont exist in the current draft.

I also understand Reid and Dorsey have absolutely nothing to do with the previous 30 years in KC. Nothing, nada, zip, zilch.

Those simple facts separates the people with brains from the people who just want something so bad they think they can imagine it into fruition.

Its kind of like having apposable thumbs.... or not.

Cannibal 05-01-2013 09:04 PM

You broads STILL think we should've taken Geno 1.1 with all of QB needy teams that passed on his ass after we did?

****ing reeruned...

O.city 05-01-2013 09:05 PM

It's somewhat funny that we've decided there are no franchise QB's in this draft, 2 weeks after teh draft.

Marcellus 05-01-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9650945)
night all

i always sleep well after clowning marcellus

So you have never slept well? That must suck ass.

Marcellus 05-01-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9650961)
It's somewhat funny that we've decided there are no franchise QB's in this draft, 2 weeks after teh draft.

No its common sense. Look at 2009. You see one from that draft?

Hammock Parties 05-01-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

All other positions need 3 years.

But there are NO QBS AT ALL AND WE KNOW THAT NOW.

Hammock Parties 05-01-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9650968)

Josh Freeman is going to be a good player in this league for awhile now. He's on an upswing. Unless you hate QBs who throw for 27 TDs and 4000 yards.

Marcellus 05-01-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9650969)

Past history tells us that right Clay? How many 2nd round QB's become franchise? You know the stat right?

Mav 05-01-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

the only reason chiefs fans think there were a franchise qb in this draft, is because the chiefs had the first pick. There werent, and arent any in this draft. Sad to say, but when you have four in one draft, you pay the piper the next year.

O.city 05-01-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Common sense? No, it's surely not. At all. It's pretty stupid actually.

We have no idea what this class will become. You yourself are arguing that the past has no indicator on this draft etc because things are different in each situation.

In58men 05-01-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9650969)

My sources think otherwise

Mav 05-01-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9650973)
Josh Freeman is going to be a good player in this league for awhile now. He's on an upswing. Unless you hate QBs who throw for 27 TDs and 4000 yards.

He was absolutely awful the second half of the season last year. Thats why he is in his final year of his contract, and they just drafted a developemental qb. He has no excuses, they spent all the money last year on the oline, on the receivers, on the tight ends. And yet, he sucked, HORRIBLY down the stretch.

Buehler445 05-01-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9650549)
Success or failure won't really tell if it were the right or wrong decision to pass on the guy. Situations are different in different places.

We didn't take him, move along.

This is a good point. Geno's probability for failure increased exponentially when foot fetish drafted him.

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9650998)
He was absolutely awful the second half of the season last year. Thats why he is in his final year of his contract, and they just drafted a developemental qb. He has no excuses, they spent all the money last year on the oline, on the receivers, on the tight ends. And yet, he sucked, HORRIBLY down the stretch.

post the first 5 years of alex smith's stats please

because he is an embarrassment of a QB

Mav 05-01-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9651004)
This is a good point. Geno's probability for failure increased exponentially when foot fetish drafted him.

I agree. I believe that had he gone to a buffalo, or even here to kansas city, that his bust rate is almost nil. And im not Trolling. Im being dead serious. The jets are an awful roster right now.....They have awful coaching, and even worse leadership.

Mav 05-01-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9651019)
post the first 5 years of alex smith's stats please

because he is an embarrassment of a QB

Shrugs. I wont try to argue with you on it. You are completely right. Every single issue with the 49ers including 2004, when the 49ers went 2-14, was because of alex smith. You are spot on. IN this league, you never have to have talent around you, an ownership committed to winning, a competent coaching staff. You just need a competent qb. You also never have to worry about drafting a guy because you dont think you can sign the other guy.

If you cant figure everything out that I just said in that last paragraph, then you really need to do some research.

RunKC 05-01-2013 09:16 PM

It's so funny that the posters who make fun of the people supposably "rationalizing" Alex Smith are the posters rationalizing Geno Smith.

This was a weak QB draft. Every team passed on the messiah and there is damning evidence against this guy.

He's not near the person or prospect the other QB's were and there seems to be more evidence proving this every day.

Alex Smith was the best QB we could have acquired this offseason and that's a fact.

BossChief 05-01-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9650833)
I know who the Qb was, it has nothing to do with the fact Flacco was taken about 15 spots early, thats not a "Risky" move.

A "Risky" move is JaMarcus Russel, Ryan Leaf, Cam Newton (Who hasn't actually won anything yet) etc.....

You = stupid

I don't think I've ever read something you posted and was like "damn, that's a well put together thought"

Ever
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 9650886)
This guy fired his agent cause his dumbass thought he was going #1 overall despite unlimited rumors of kc taking an OT

You don't know that. His agent told him not to participate in the senior bowl...Geno has mentioned this multiple times in the media. It's probable that he has gotten feedback that teams didn't like that.

Shit, Clark Hunts comment at the time was "tell Geno we missed him at the senior bowl"

It's hard to tell why he fired his agent.

It's definitely possible that some of us at CP have been overvaluing him as a prospect due to factors that aren't available to us all such as interviews and
workouts....but even with that risk, his upside is more than that of a really good right tackle...but I digress.
Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9650934)
When will the Geno stuff die?

it has little to do with Geno Smith.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9650948)
You keep proving my point dude. Read your post above about all these past drafts. Now read what I posted you responded to. (Pay close attention to the bolded parts, its like getting the answer to a test)

If you dont get it, its not my fault. I also have to wonder how you tie your shoes.

oh...believe me. I understand your point.

It's just that I think it's asinine.

jd1020 05-01-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9651032)
Alex Smith was the best QB we could have acquired this offseason and that's a fact.

I like how that's a "fact."

You telling me that not one of the QBs drafted will be as below adequate as Alex Smith?

Hammock Parties 05-01-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9650998)
he sucked, HORRIBLY down the stretch.

And still embarrassed Alex Smith's TD and yardage numbers!

RunKC 05-01-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9651037)

You telling me that not one of the QBs drafted will be as below adequate as Alex Smith?

Probably not. Especially next year.

Mav 05-01-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9651037)

not this year.....And that to the chiefs is all that matters........

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9651031)
Shrugs. I wont try to argue with you on it. You are completely right. Every single issue with the 49ers including 2004, when the 49ers went 2-14, was because of alex smith. You are spot on. IN this league, you never have to have talent around you, an ownership committed to winning, a competent coaching staff. You just need a competent qb. You also never have to worry about drafting a guy because you dont think you can sign the other guy.

If you cant figure everything out that I just said in that last paragraph, then you really need to do some research.

so you're not going to post them?

because if you name yourself after the 3,456th best QB in nfl history, you probably have no business trashing a QB that put up better stats, and played more games, over the same stage of his career than the 3,456th best QB you love

and making excuses for an injury prone first round bust, whose most recent accomplishment was being benched, is marcellus level IQ

jd1020 05-01-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9651049)
Probably not. Especially next year.

Who cares about 1 year?

Chiefs gonna win the SB this year or something?

Mav 05-01-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9651045)
And still embarrassed Alex Smith's TD and yardage numbers!

lol, He sure did. On a losing team, that was always trailing rarely leading, and didnt have near the defense, nor running game that the 49ers have.

GREAT COMPARISON CLAY, JUST OUTSTANDING.

cosmo20002 05-01-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9650477)
I've seen a couple other posts about this... but this probably deserves it's own thread considering how many hours we've wasted arguing about the guy. This is the first article I've seen theorizing why Geno fell in the draft. Time will tell whether it's accurate.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--ge...183846651.html

If 31 teams passed on him (some more than once) largely because he wasn't chatty enough during visits, that's pretty stupid. Article sounds like someone is blowing something out of proportion.

Hammock Parties 05-01-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9651057)
lol, He sure did. On a losing team, that was always trailing rarely leading, and didnt have near the defense, nor running game that the 49ers have.

GREAT COMPARISON CLAY, JUST OUTSTANDING.

You know what Josh Freeman becomes on the 49ers?

He comes Colin Kaepernick.

Get ****ed, homer.

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 09:22 PM

the 49ers, by the way, drafted a first round bust in Alex Smith, and it didn't destroy their franchise forever....they just drafted another QB and went to the super bowl

in case you need yet more proof that Chiefs are always doing it wrong

Mav 05-01-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9651053)
so you're not going to post them?

because if you name yourself after the 3,456th best QB in nfl history, you probably have no business trashing a QB that put up better stats, and played more games, over the same stage of his career than the 3,456th best QB you love

and making excuses for an injury prone first round bust, whose most recent accomplishment was being benched, is marcellus level IQ

I dont have to post anything. Obviously, between the fact that Alex Smith isnt that talented, mixed with the LEADERSHIP, the owner, the coaching staff, the talent around Alex Smith, he wasnt going to succeed regardless. Its like the argument that 49er fans have amongst themselves, about what if it had been Aaron Rodgers instead of Alex Smith. There is no point discussing it.

Alex Smith, is not a great qb today. But, he is 1000x the qb today, than he was his first 5 years in the league. Care to debate that fact? Who cares what my name is. I respect the guy, for his character as much, if not more so than anything he has done on the field. So, give it up already. Just because my name is alex smith fan, doesnt mean i think the guy is a top 15 qb, hes not, nor do i think that he is perfect. Hes not. Soooooo, with closing on that. Last season, Josh Freeman had more talent around him, than Alex Smith ever had on offense in his entire career. Also played in a crap division with no top defenses. The NFC WEST, HAD 4 TOP 12 DEFENSES. The Nfc SOUTH. ZERO......

Mav 05-01-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9651061)
You know what Josh Freeman becomes on the 49ers?

He comes Colin Kaepernick.

Get ****ed, homer.

How am I a homer? And how does that work exactly? Considering that the receiving corps that the Buccs had last season, was BETTER than the 49ers. And yet, and still they were ass. Freeman was ass down the stretch. HIM.. Yes, he was ass. You mad bro?

Im not the stupid one comparing stats between a team that runs the ball 54 percent of the time, EVEN WITH COLIN KAEPERNICK, and one that runs it about 44 percent. Its called relativity Clay. You may impress a lot of these guys on here because you are willing to do research that supports your point of view, and thats all fine and dandy. I just spit on those stats, put them in perspective, and you get pissed.

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9651075)
I dont have to post anything. Obviously, between the fact that Alex Smith isnt that talented, mixed with the LEADERSHIP, the owner, the coaching staff, the talent around Alex Smith, he wasnt going to succeed regardless. Its like the argument that 49er fans have amongst themselves, about what if it had been Aaron Rodgers instead of Alex Smith. There is no point discussing it.

Alex Smith, is not a great qb today. But, he is 1000x the qb today, than he was his first 5 years in the league. Care to debate that fact? Who cares what my name is. I respect the guy, for his character as much, if not more so than anything he has done on the field. So, give it up already. Just because my name is alex smith fan, doesnt mean i think the guy is a top 15 qb, hes not, nor do i think that he is perfect. Hes not. Soooooo, with closing on that. Last season, Josh Freeman had more talent around him, than Alex Smith ever had on offense in his entire career. Also played in a crap division with no top defenses. The NFC WEST, HAD 4 TOP 12 DEFENSES. The Nfc SOUTH. ZERO......

that a lot of words to not dispute what I wrote

Alex Smith is a nobody...so you can pretty much just stop running down better QBs....it's dishonest, and stupid

imagine 'Elvis Grbac Fan' making an ass out of himself on a Raven's board back in the day....LMAO

Mav 05-01-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9651066)
the 49ers, by the way, drafted a first round bust in Alex Smith, and it didn't destroy their franchise forever....they just drafted another QB and went to the super bowl

in case you need yet more proof that Chiefs are always doing it wrong

Colin Kaepernick. Drafted in 2011. Alex Smith drafted in 2005. It took them 8 years to correct the mistakes by JOHN YORK, the cheap dirtbag.

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9651111)
Colin Kaepernick. Drafted in 2011. Alex Smith drafted in 2005. It took them 8 years to correct the mistakes by JOHN YORK, the cheap dirtbag.

8 whole years?

do you know anything about the Chiefs?

do you know....anything?

Mav 05-01-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9651107)
that a lot of words to not dispute what I wrote

Alex Smith is a nobody...so you can pretty much just stop running down better QBs....it's dishonest, and stupid

imagine 'Elvis Grbac Fan' making an ass out of himself on a Raven's board back in the day....LMAO

What would you like me to dispute? That Alex Smith was not a shitty qb with terrible coaching, bad ownership and terrible talent around him?

How am i supposed to dispute that?

BossChief 05-01-2013 09:30 PM

Glenn Dorsey or Joe Flacco?
Tyson Jackson or Josh Freeman?
Jon Baldwin or Colin Kaepernick?
Dontari Poe or Ryan Tannehill/Russel Wilson? (6 pick was for sale at a discount)
Eric Fisher or Geno Smith?

Tell me which are your picks.

It's almost always the best decision to take the qb....the term "reach" is silly to use when talking quarterbacks.

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9651135)
Glenn Dorsey or Joe Flacco?
Tyson Jackson or Josh Freeman?
Jon Baldwin or Colin Kaepernick?
Dontari Poe or Ryan Tannehill/Russel Wilson? (6 pick was for sale at a discount)
Eric Fisher or Geno Smith?

Tell me which are your picks.

It's almost always the best decision to take the qb....the term "reach" is silly to use when talking quarterbacks.

there is no risk in drafting QBs...the risk is in not drafting QBs

and "Chiefs" is the one word proof

and our fanbase is the dumbest

Mav 05-01-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9651123)
8 whole years?

do you know anything about the Chiefs?

do you know....anything?

you know whats hilarious. Is when douchbags like you cant read. Read my ****ing sig reerun. I listen to you ****ing chiefs fans cry all the time. I sat on my grandpas lap as John Elway crushed his browns hearts.

The browns have NEVER PLAYED IN A SUPER BOWL. we had our team stolen from us, we are the second worst team since 1999 in winning percentage, and the only team worse, went 0-16. I couldnt give a shit less about the CHIEFS problems. Booo ****ing hoooooo

BigBeauford 05-01-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9651075)

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/b...9145408454.gif

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9651146)
you know whats hilarious. Is when douchbags like you cant read. Read my ****ing sig reerun. I listen to you ****ing chiefs fans cry all the time. I sat on my grandpas lap as John Elway crushed his browns hearts.

The browns have NEVER PLAYED IN A SUPER BOWL. we had our team stolen from us, we are the second worst team since 1999 in winning percentage, and the only team worse, went 0-16. I couldnt give a shit less about the CHIEFS problems. Booo ****ing hoooooo

then why the **** are you here trying to tell us...um, what, exactly?

how does one grow up to love shitty QBs?

does loving shitty QBs go way back in your family?

Mav 05-01-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9651156)

I did some pre mob action out of El Paso. Nice city......

Mav 05-01-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9651174)
then why the **** are you here trying to tell us...um, what, exactly?

how does one grow up to love shitty QBs?

does loving shitty QBs go way back in your family?

I didnt try to tell you anything. Nothing actually. All i said was that Josh Freeman had a really shitty second half. Not sure where you got off on this Alex Smith tangent to be honest. Like i was defending the guy, or stating he was a franchise savior.

Fairplay 05-01-2013 09:40 PM

GoChiefs read this please

Just Passin' By 05-01-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9650875)
Haha

In the last 6 drafts, we have drafted in the top 5 in 4 of them.

Right now, I'd trade ALL FOUR OF THOSE PLAYERS for anyof the top ten quarterbacks.

Sadly, one of those guys has already moved on to another team and another of those guys is seemingly on his last legs in KC...on a 1 year deal.

Let me give you a little treasure hunt...

Go and look at the last 10 quarterbacks to win a superbowl and come back and tell me how many of them we passed on in the draft.

I'll be right here, waiting for you intricate excuses for why it was totally fine to pass on al of them.

Were you pounding the table for Flacco during his draft (2008)?

RippedmyFlesh 05-01-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9650491)
That's a pretty damning article. He was texting friends and reading Twitter when he was supposed to be talking to coaches? WTF?

I'm starting to think Andy Reid and John Dorsey just might be smarter than many people here .

I wanted the Chiefs to draft Geno. I'm willing to admit I was wrong.

this and fyp

jspchief 05-01-2013 09:43 PM

This is why my perfect scenario was Geno sitting a year behind Hasselbeck. Give a chance to see how a pro's pro does it.

How do you balance the physical skills vs the personality? Will hr be Leaf? George? Cutler?

We already know what you get with a boyscout that can't play. Matt Cassel.

I don't think I'll actively root for or against Geno, but it probably will be interesting to watch it unfold.

In58men 05-01-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9651208)

Because "sources" give out 100% factual information.

Namor40 05-01-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9650973)

Yeah and Tampa is so psyched about him that they went and drafted Mike Glennon early because they don't trust Freeman enough to invest beaucoup bucks in him. Freeman is a stat-stuffer, not a winner, he's the guy who goes off for big passing numbers after his team is down big. His first year he looked like he was on the cusp of greatness, since then he's just been treading water.

RippedmyFlesh 05-01-2013 09:50 PM

Two sources indicated that when Smith went on some visits to teams, rather than interact with coaches and front-office people, he would spend much of his time on his cell phone. Instead of being engaged with team officials, he would be texting friends or reading Twitter or a number of other distracting activities.

Marrone had to control himself I am sure he could have blown a gasket watching that.
Syracuse hired Marrone when the chiefs hired haley and I told my wife my fav college team may have hired the better coach. Marrone would make haley cry and pee his pants.
Marrone out coached every coach Geno ever had that's why he was 0-3 vs SU.
Buffalo is Buffalo but Marrone is a good coach.

Hammock Parties 05-01-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9651208)

Hi.

Read this.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...SH20_OU01_.jpg

RINGLEADER 05-01-2013 09:52 PM

His demeanor in some big games would seem to support this kind of behavior. Who really knows though? My fear would be that things don't go his way and he melts down sort of like Cam Newton. You can have all the physical skills but not be able to bring it together because of the mental part of the game.

WV 05-01-2013 09:58 PM

Wanna know why the QB's in this draft all fell? Blame it on Luck and RGIII.

Those two guys alone in the last draft caused the expectations to become outrageous and the microscope on these QB's to become double or triple with comparisons in this draft. If Barkley had come out last year he would have been a top 15 pick. He had an off year and the microscopes got more powerful, so he fell and fell. Did he get that much worse??? No.

Discount it if you want, but this year was just a bad year to be Geno Smith and a bad year to for the Chiefs to have the #1 pick.

We were by far the most QB needy team until the abortion of trading #34 + more for Average Smith. Next would be the Raiders, but they traded for Flynn. Next would be Arizona who traded for Palmer. That leaves Buffalo and we won't even go there with Manuel going in the first while Geno and even Barkley did not. Buffalo and Buddy Nix are hardly a role model team.

Geno's biggest mistake was assuming this franchise even had one thought of drafting a QB in the first. It simply doesn't happen anymore. Todd Blackledge screwed us all to a life of mediocre retreads. I think it's in the Chiefs Head Coach official handbook. We'll call it the Hunt Rule.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-01-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9650509)
"chiefs pass on marino because he wears t-shirt"

whew

risk avoided...whew!

LMAO Goddamnit I love it when TC just ****ing nails it right off the bat.
Posted via Mobile Device

RippedmyFlesh 05-01-2013 10:11 PM

I wanted him and thought he would go top 10 I was way off. If his knock is just between his ears it's possible that can be corrected.Even his critics would have to admit he has the physical tools to thrive. You can't fix physical limitations but there is at least a chance you could fix a maturity issue. So who would be harder to "fix" Geno or Bray? And what's the upside of the 2 if both were fixed so to speak?

AlexSmithDynasty 05-01-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9650491)
I'm starting to think Andy Reid and John Dorsey just might be smarter than SNR and Sweet Dick Willie.

Wait what? Are you saying that a coach and GM who have played and worked in the game almost their entire lives, have had a track record of success, and are highly respected in the league know more about football than a couple of bitter losers on the Internet? How could that be?

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-01-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9651032)
It's so funny that the posters who make fun of the people supposably "rationalizing" Alex Smith are the posters rationalizing Geno Smith.

This was a weak QB draft. Every team passed on the messiah and there is damning evidence against this guy.

He's not near the person or prospect the other QB's were and there seems to be more evidence proving this every day.

Its so funny that you and others are rationalizing a known bag o' dicks vs. A kid who has yet to even take a snap in the NFL, yes.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief 05-01-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9651211)
Were you pounding the table for Flacco during his draft (2008)?

The ravens > BossChief

Does that need written in crayon?

Mav 05-01-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9651362)
Its so funny that you and others are rationalizing a known bag o' dicks vs. A kid who has yet to even take a snap in the NFL, yes.
Posted via Mobile Device

no, whats funny is that you think your opinion of alex smith, is the opinion of everyone in the league, and that your opinion of geno smith, is also the opinion of everyone in the league.

Isnt it just a little bit ironic that in nfl circles, that just happens to be the exact opposite of reality?

Nah? Didnt think so.

KCwolf 05-01-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9651362)
Posted via Mobile Device

Please go be a fan of any of the other 31 teams available...... Thx.

We didn't draft him.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-01-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9650662)
So who has drafted a risky QB recently and won a SB?

Rodgers was a Tedford guy.
Roethlisberger was a MAC QB.
Flacco was an FCS prospect.

That's four SBs just in recent years for you

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-01-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9650758)
ROFL

i owned your ass, you're such a pussy

drafting a QB from Delaware with the #18 pick isn't risky?

A guy who beat no one in college?

you know how many Chiefs fans would have supported that?

none

you pathetic liar

A guy who lost his job to...wait for it....Tyler Palko.

RippedmyFlesh 05-01-2013 10:26 PM

In 2008 I wanted atl to take dorsey. I saw herm talking to Ryan on tv and thought maybe this was it. So close.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-01-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexSmithDynasty (Post 9651334)
Wait what? Are you saying that a coach and GM who have played and worked in the game almost their entire lives, have had a track record of success, and are highly respected in the league know more about football than a couple of bitter losers on the Internet? How could that be?

"Manning Fan". "brady fan". Those are homer names that have merit. Yours? ROFL. Yeah, I'm the idiot alright.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav 05-01-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9651399)
A guy who lost his job to...wait for it....Tyler Palko.

nice. I was getting ready to post that.....well played.

cdcox 05-01-2013 10:27 PM

I think the point here is that QB is a position where you want the guy to eat, breathe, sleep, and shit football. That's the way Manning and Brady are.

So Geno gets the opportunity to interact with the best football minds he's ever been around. Nope, not interested. Need to text my friends back home.

Any way you spin it, if that is a true account, it's a clear negative. And isn't the same as wearing a tee shirt, or having a tattoo, or listening to rap.

Does this mean he is going to be a bust? No, but he'll probably need to eat some humble pie and change his attitude to be successful. That's probably a bigger change that fixing your footwork.

Mav 05-01-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9651405)
"Manning Fan". "brady fan". Those are homer names that have merit. Yours? ROFL. Yeah, I'm the idiot alright.
Posted via Mobile Device

well, kind of, because you werent talking to me.

You were talking to ALEXSMITHDYNASTY. Different guy....

Baby Lee 05-01-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Who decided today?

There''s a spectrum, some convinced long ago, some suspecting for a while, some still unconvinced and a thousand gradiations in between. No matter how certain anyone FEELS know one knows at this point as the evidence is yet to come.

DaFace 05-01-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9650627)
Geno has every single sign of being a massive bust? What?

I mean if we're talking just two things:

1. Character.
2. Passing ability.

Cam Newton was a far bigger risk.

Wake up morons.

The article is more about coachability than character IMO. If he's not as good as he thinks he is and won't listen to the guys who are supposed to get him there, that's a pretty bad sign.

BossChief 05-01-2013 10:39 PM

There is NO QUESTION that if these reports are true they are a significant red flag.

The guy has a lot of work to do and if he is unable to put in quality work at areas of need, he is unlikely to ever be worth a high draft pick...but to act as if these reports are absolute fact and that they prove that Geno will be a bust is being disingenuous and that's where this discussion turned into an argument.

It's possible that his unwillingness to focus on crucial points is a reason he faltered against good defenses last year.

It's also possible this is all BS info distributed by the agent he just fired...which is more likely givent the timing of the report in relation to the firing.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-01-2013 10:41 PM

I'm including myself in the guilty because I thought that an FCS QB who couldn't beat out Tyler Palko would be a shit QB, but these are the posts from the 2008 draft thread as Flacco was drafted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 4713315)
I just know the first round went so well that we MUST be taking Chad ****ing Henne at 35.

Front office saying the deal Schefter reported is bullshit, that NO did not offer 2 1sts and a 2nd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 4713311)
Hilarious, they take the wrong QB.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 4713322)
So who is the second round pick?

Brohm?

wow reach for Flacco

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 4713324)
Boller II...

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 4713338)
wow, I can't believe they traded up for Flacco. He went WAY higher than anybody would have bet on

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 4713352)
flacco looks bad but who knows for sure

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 4713383)
he runs like a giraffe and throws the ball like baseball pitcher throwing a slider.

:shake:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 4714042)
Flacco?

Quote:

Originally Posted by banyon (Post 4715056)
Oh, yeah that was so terrible I forgot. ROFL Well, they if they grew a brain in the last round, they should STILL take one of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 4715582)
Actually, they were the 3rd and 4th. Don't forget Flacco.

Quote:

Originally Posted by banyon (Post 4715589)
Why not? Everyone else will in 2 years.

Just Passin' By 05-01-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9651364)
The ravens > BossChief

Does that need written in crayon?

That's a useless response. Every GM ever > BossChief, after all.

You griped about 6 drafts. The only draft in that group where a QB taken after the Chiefs picked went on to win a SB (to date) is that Flacco draft. So, unless you were pounding the table for Flacco, you don't really have any point.

AlexSmithDynasty 05-01-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9651405)
Posted via Mobile Device

You're responding to the wrong person, I called you a bitter loser.

BossChief 05-01-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9651438)
The article is more about coachability than character IMO. If he's not as good as he thinks he is and won't listen to the guys who are supposed to get him there, that's a pretty bad sign.

I listen to Colin Cowherd almost daily and he knows people that have coached Cam in Carolina and claim they have to use a limited playbook with Cam because of his attitude and willingness to put in the work and that a lot of his teammates don't like him because of it.

He also says that was a problem in college.

Pitt Gorilla 05-01-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9650572)
IF and big IF the article is correct then I understand the reluctance to draft him.

Nope. Chief Fan knew more than any GM or NFL front office.