ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Article: Chiefs Most Likely Landing Spot for Foles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269947)

htismaqe 02-12-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9396342)
iow Foles puts Geno at 1 in jeopardy.

No, it doesn't.

Stop whining.

The Franchise 02-12-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9396367)
Kelly's offense doesn't fit the NFL. It's going to have to change.

Which basically puts every available option on the table.

Foles is as good an option as any right now.

This.

RealSNR 02-12-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9396257)
The Chiefs are going to sign a QB and draft one. What vet QB would be alright with you?

I'm hoping the Tits outright cut Hasselbeck rather than mess around with extending him.

Hasselbeck would be perfect for Geno.

If he's not available, then just draft another guy.

Messier 02-12-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9396368)
No, it doesn't.

Stop whining.

I'm not saying that, that is the fear I think Geno fans have.

htismaqe 02-12-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9396461)
I'm hoping the Tits outright cut Hasselbeck rather than mess around with extending him.

Hasselbeck would be perfect for Geno.

If he's not available, then just draft another guy.

Pretty much where I'm at.

I'd rather draft an unknown in the 4th than give up a 3rd for an unknown like Foles.

htismaqe 02-12-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9396480)
I'm not saying that, that is the fear I think Geno fans have.

No, it most certainly isn't.

RealSNR 02-12-2013 12:47 PM

I'd give up a 7th rounder for Matt Flynn as long as we drafted Geno at 1.

htismaqe 02-12-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9396493)
I'd give up a 7th rounder for Matt Flynn as long as we drafted Geno at 1.

A 7th? Sure.

A 3rd? No ****ing way.

RunKC 02-12-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9396065)
Foles is garbage. Utter garbage.

Stay away from that shitshow.

Dude threw 345+ yards twice and had a completion % over 60 in 5 of his 7 games while he worked with jack shit because his team was injured.

Wouldn't really consider that garbage.

Chris Meck 02-12-2013 01:09 PM

Foles is not garbage. This is not Matt Cassel 2.0. If you could get Foles for a anything less than a first I'd say take it. The kid's got a gun and if Reid wants him it's because he's already had the kid for a year and he thinks he's got 'it'.

IF we don't draft a QB in round one, I'd say Foles and maybe Nassib or Dysert in round 2 or 3 would be the next best option. I'd take Foles over Alex Smith, I certainly would.

This is not a 'backup'. This is not a starter that lost his job due to poor play. This is a kid who, as a rookie, played quite well on an absolute disaster of a team.

RunKC 02-12-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9396549)
Foles is not garbage. This is not Matt Cassel 2.0. If you could get Foles for a anything less than a first I'd say take it. The kid's got a gun and if Reid wants him it's because he's already had the kid for a year and he thinks he's got 'it'.

IF we don't draft a QB in round one, I'd say Foles and maybe Nassib or Dysert in round 2 or 3 would be the next best option. I'd take Foles over Alex Smith, I certainly would.

This is not a 'backup'. This is not a starter that lost his job due to poor play. This is a kid who, as a rookie, played quite well on an absolute disaster of a team.

Great post.

suds79 02-12-2013 01:16 PM

At this point a relevant question would be given what we'd have to give up.

Would I rather have Nick Foles or...

Mike Glennon, Zac Dysert, Landry Jones, EJ Manuel, Tyler Bray, Matt Flynn or Alex Smith.

For me I'd take Foles over Flynn, Smith, Dysert.

The rest for me it's a push. None of the above options get you all that fired up.

The Franchise 02-12-2013 01:20 PM

If we trade for Foles......say goodbye to drafting a QB in the first 3 rounds.

Beef Supreme 02-12-2013 01:22 PM

What makes anyone think Philly is going to do anything but keep him?

htismaqe 02-12-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9396549)

I agree with almost all of this other than the compensation. I'm not giving up anything more than a 4th for Foles.

You could literally get someone just like him in the 3rd round this year.