ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Whats your Favorite Podcasts? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=163453)

SLAG 05-22-2007 07:42 PM

What is your Favorite Podcasts?

I wanna know

KCFalcon59 05-22-2007 08:03 PM

I listen to Buzz Out Loud from CNet. Tech news. Good cast that works well together. I also watch a video podcast Around the Net. Some smoking hot fems as host. I'd tell you their names, but I really don't pay attention to their names.

headsnap 05-22-2007 08:22 PM

Escape Pod
Flash TV
NFL Rants and Raves
Pseudopod
Scott Sigler novels
Trail Tapes Mountain Bike Videos
Voices of Tomorrow

noa 05-22-2007 08:28 PM

I like NPR's All Song's Considered. The host has different musicians on as guest DJs, and they also broadcast concerts and seasonal music previews. I've picked up a lot of good stuff from that podcast.
I also like KCRW's The Treatment. The host used to be a New York Times movie critic. He has on different people in the movie industry. Sometimes the guests are lame so the show sucks, but when he has a good guest on its worth listening to because he's a good interviewer.

88TG88 05-22-2007 08:44 PM

I only really listen to the USC marching band podcast.

KC Jones 05-22-2007 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88TG88
I only really listen to the USC marching band podcast.

You should get the fleetwood mac tusk podcast featuring them.

QuikSsurfer 05-22-2007 09:39 PM

1UP.com Show
Achievement Junkie - Xbox 360
MacCast
MacBreak
Mysterious Universe
Brain Food
GeeksOn
Diggnation

ZootedGranny 05-23-2007 01:35 AM

Most of mine are videogame related:

1Up Yours & Games for Windows podcasts are ABSOLUTE MUSTS, as is the video cast 1Up Show. It sounds sad, but I legitimately look forward to those podcasts.

EGM Live
Retronauts
Game Theory
Player One
Gamespots the Hotspot
OXM podcast
Sound Opinions
Downloadable Content: Penny Arcade podcast
What's New Now
Buzz out Loud

And then vidcasts like Diggnation, DL.TV, Cranky Geeks

Buck 01-05-2010 10:49 PM

Lets hear em.

Please give a brief description about each one you post.

Thanks.

Basileus777 01-05-2010 10:51 PM

It's the Bombcast y'all.

Miles 01-05-2010 10:55 PM

The only two that I check out with any frequency are:

The Adam Carolla Podcast
BS Report - Bill Simmons

Buck 01-05-2010 10:56 PM

So Far I've subscribed to a few LOST podcasts and some Chargers ones.

Right now I'm listening to The BS Report (Bill Simmons) and they've been talking about Gilbert Arenas for 30 minutes...I hope they talk about something else soon...oh hey as we speak he made a Norv Turner reference (I guess he's talking about the Redskins now, yes!)

I've heard the Adam Corrola is good, but don't know what it is about.

I also downloaded one called Around The Net from G4TV, I'm assuming that its viral videos.

ZootedGranny 01-05-2010 11:08 PM

Firstly, I have to give a shoutout to Out of the Game

4Guys1up (formerly 1up Yours)
Retronauts (1up's retro-gaming podcast)
Sports Anomaly (1up sports game podcast)
Giant Bombcast
The Geekbox
RebelFM

I also listen to all of the podcasts on the Adam Carolla Entertainment Network:
The Adam Carolla podcast
Carcast
Ace on the House
Sportscast with Spider and the Henchman

The PTI podcast
The BS Report

I Love Movies
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
Radiolab
This American Life
WTF with Marc Maron

Miles 01-05-2010 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6413837)
So Far I've subscribed to a few LOST podcasts and some Chargers ones.

Right now I'm listening to The BS Report (Bill Simmons) and they've been talking about Gilbert Arenas for 30 minutes...I hope they talk about something else soon...oh hey as we speak he made a Norv Turner reference (I guess he's talking about the Redskins now, yes!)

I've heard the Adam Corrola is good, but don't know what it is about.

Carrola is basically your standard interview format. If there is a guest I think could be interesting I will download it.

Similar to his column, the BS Report can get a bit in depth on some topics which are often NBA related during the season. If that isn't your thing, it's not that difficult to figure out which segments/podcasts to skip.

Buck 01-05-2010 11:14 PM

Is Out Of The Game yours?

Is it about rap music?

ZootedGranny 01-05-2010 11:59 PM

No on both counts.

It's a general media podcast. Books, movies, games, etc. done by former games journalists. I edit it together and recommend the music.

And one other podcast recommendation:

A Life Well Wasted. Incredible.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 6413836)
The only two that I check out with any frequency are:

The Adam Carolla Podcast
BS Report - Bill Simmons

This.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 12:04 AM

I've listened to almost every Carolla podcast.

The best are the ones with Simmons (one from February, March, and June), the Deaf Frat Guy, Seth McFarlane, Andy Dick and Joel McHale.

The guys he gets along with well allow him to really riff and go on extended rants.

KevB 01-06-2010 12:22 AM

I listen to the Real Deal (CNET) and RadioLab from time to time. If I could connect my Touch to my car radio I'd consume much more Podcast material.

Buck 01-06-2010 12:46 AM

Joe Rogan is an expert on psilocybin.

LOL

Miles 01-06-2010 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6414025)
Joe Rogan is an expert on psilocybin.

LOL

His stuff with that and his isolation tank are amusingly random.

Slainte 01-06-2010 01:08 AM

mikeomearashow.com /whore

Demonpenz 01-06-2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny (Post 6413867)
Firstly, I have to give a shoutout to Out of the Game

4Guys1up (formerly 1up Yours)
Retronauts (1up's retro-gaming podcast)
Sports Anomaly (1up sports game podcast)
Giant Bombcast
The Geekbox
RebelFM

I also listen to all of the podcasts on the Adam Carolla Entertainment Network:
The Adam Carolla podcast
Carcast
Ace on the House

The PTI podcast
The BS Report

I Love Movies
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
Radiolab
This American Life
WTF with Marc Maron

WHO DO YOU LOVE? THE YACKER YACK YACK YACK

MVPPPPP

ZootedGranny 01-06-2010 02:21 PM

Weeooo weeooo weooo HIPSTER ALERT.

I offered to send them a "sweet KC lid" but got no response.

Baby Lee 01-08-2010 09:17 AM

Quote:

Jason Whitlock two-parter on Spidey and the Hench today!!!

Baby Lee 01-10-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

WTF with Marc Maron

Being passingly acquainted with him, and on your recommendation, I subscribed. I knew he was liberal but, in the parlance, WTF?

First podcast, cold open with a Whole Foods bit. See if you can follow;

Their food is shit and organic food is worse than regular food, but I wanted some, but it's too expensive because Whole Foods' CEO is a libertarian **** who wants poor people to die and starve. And people should have a right to that shitty organic/delicious nutritious organic without having to pay what the price tag says, so I went in there to buy some obscure alternative sweetener [Stevia?], but when I saw all those blissed out yuppies I said why should I pay for things I want to consume so I stole it. I walked out with it in my hands without paying for it. And I suggest all my listeners stick it to that asshole CEO of theirs and go steal something from your local Whole Foods, because they don't support people getting whatever they want for free, so **** them.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__jFgOqdirR...ant_medium.jpg

Maron: 'I'm so 'counter' that I disagree with myself 1000 times in a single sentence.'

Buck 01-10-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 6429937)
Being passingly acquainted with him, and on your recommendation, I subscribed. I knew he was liberal but, in the parlance, WTF?

First podcast, cold open with a Whole Foods bit. See if you can follow;

Their food is shit and organic food is worse than regular food, but I wanted some, but it's too expensive because Whole Foods' CEO is a libertarian **** who wants poor people to die and starve. And people should have a right to that shitty organic/delicious nutritious organic without having to pay what the price tag says, so I went in there to buy some obscure alternative sweetener [Stevia?], but when I saw all those blissed out yuppies I said why should I pay for things I want to consume so I stole it. I walked out with it in my hands without paying for it. And I suggest all my listeners stick it to that asshole CEO of theirs and go steal something from your local Whole Foods, because they don't support people getting whatever they want for free, so **** them.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__jFgOqdirR...ant_medium.jpg

Maron: 'I'm so 'counter' that I disagree with myself 1000 times in a single sentence.'

WTF?

Spicy McHaggis 01-10-2010 12:53 PM

ESPN Soccernet
World Football Daily (although they've gone through a format change recently and it appears not all content is free now)

Baby Lee 01-22-2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6430179)
WTF?

I'd be remiss if I didn't revisit. Having listened to a few more, while he's still a loony, he's a loony with a healthy awareness of his looniness. As often as he rants about why people can't get everything they need or want for free, he reflects and admits his 'enemies' are just people living their lives and that he lets his rage drive him too frequently, etc. Pretty good podcast.

Even more refreshing, was Janeane Garafolo admitting she's very blessed that people find her entertaining to the extent that she earns a living from it because she's 'not very smart' [her words, no shit] and utterly incapable of doing what 'normal people' do to earn a living [cooking, accounting, secretary work, auto repair, what have you].

Baby Lee 03-10-2010 01:54 PM

Fitzdog is on FIRE today. On his own podcast and subbing for Corolla while Corolla films his sitcom pilot.

Buck 03-10-2010 03:09 PM

My favorite one is "The Lost podcast with Jay and Jack".

bowener 03-10-2010 05:38 PM

ricky gervais

kcxiv 03-10-2010 05:47 PM

Dan Patrick show
PTI
ESPN: Los Angeles with Mykal Thompson and i forgot that other dudes name.
The best of Mike and Mike
Sometimes i listen to Gooteck's Podcasts.
NBA Today
NFL today.
Once in a great while Major Nelson's podcast.

Baby Lee 03-10-2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 6593932)
ricky gervais

His pay stuff, of the crappy intermittent promotional stuff?

Fishpicker 03-11-2010 07:55 AM

the only podcasts I listen to are...

Adam Carolla
Bill Burr's Monday morning podcast

ZootedGranny 03-11-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 6593932)
ricky gervais

If you haven't already, track down their XFM work. The current podcasts are definitely funny, but a lot of the XFM material is killer.

Since my last post, I've added a few podcasts to my rotation:

WFMU's The Best Show with Tom Scharpling.

The radio show has been going for quite a while, but it wasn't until I heard Scharpling's & Paul F Tompkins' dissection of the Gathering of the Juggalos (skip to 1 hour 27 minutes) that I became a fan.

Comedy Death Ray Radio, which is hosted by Scott Aukerman, who you might know from Mr. Show.

I've also been listening to Chris Hardwick's The Nerdist podcast, but it's a bit uneven.

Baby Lee 04-14-2010 06:55 AM

Carolla is smokin' today. Had Bob Zmuda on, talking about Jim Carrey landing the Kaufman part.

Wasn't even in the running at the start, Zmuda and Foreman wanted Nic Cage. Thought Carrey was the 'talking butt' guy and they wanted to make a serious film.

Carrey bugged and bugged Zmuda to take a look at his audition tape. Invites him over to the manse. Zmuda gets there, and Carrey has Kaufman bits from SNL on the TV. Carrey tells him he needs to go get the tape and leaves him there. Comes back 15 minutes later with a bag, turns out it's empty. Carrey then asks, how'd you like my audition? Turns out it wasn't Kaufman on SNL, but Carrey 'playing' Kaufman on SNL. And Kaufman's best friend couldn't even tell the difference.

His mind blown Zmuda heads home, when he gets there, there's already messages from Foreman and DeVito asking 'WTF? how could you give the job to Carrey?' Carrey had already sent couriered messages to them telling them that Zmuda had given his nod to him. Next day, they all called back to apologize 'Holy shit, we saw the tape.'

Cut to opening night, Cage is at the premiere. Zmuda mentioned how they really wanted him, and asked why Cage had never indicated his interest. Turns out Carrey had told Cage 'Dude, guys of our profile, we don't go around making audition tapes. They know us, they know what we can do. etc. etc.'

Baby Lee 04-26-2010 07:00 AM

Podcasts 'all growed up' today;

Carolla has Alec Baldwin, Maron has Robin Williams.

blaise 04-26-2010 09:44 AM

I sometimes listen to BBC History Magazine podcasts. It's basically what you think it would be. A host will interview some author who wrote a piece for the magazine - British history, some American. Stuff like reasons why the Vikings may have invaded Britain, World War I food rations, etc. I link to them from learnoutloud.com where it lists archived episodes with brief descriptions.

Miles 04-26-2010 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny (Post 6595463)
If you haven't already, track down their XFM work. The current podcasts are definitely funny, but a lot of the XFM material is killer.

Thanks again for suggesting that in another thread. That XFM stuff is comedy gold.

Baby Lee 05-09-2010 12:56 PM

It's a repeat, but the latest 'This American Life' which is their live show from last year is amazing. Particularly Dan Savage's tear inducing tale of trying to believe.

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/site...=379&podcast=1

TrickyNicky 05-09-2010 02:37 PM

Joe Rogan's livestream and podcast are funny. Basically, he and his manager/friend Brian get really high and discuss topics. Common guests are Ari "The Amazing Racist", and Eddie Bravo. They usually dip into Joe's greatest passions: Weed, Psychadelics, and MMA, but its always interesting.

Silock 05-09-2010 03:10 PM

Mine :) I got it set up on my website, and you can subscribe to it via iTunes by searching for "FitExcellence."

Here's the latest episode.
http://tinyurl.com/27gokxb

cardken 05-13-2010 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 6594994)
the only podcasts I listen to are...

Adam Carolla
Bill Burr's Monday morning podcast

Carolla is great, some of the best interviews with some of the off the wall people.

Baby Lee 07-04-2010 12:01 PM

Just got clued in to The Nerdist. Funny funny stuff. Hosted by Chris Hardwick of Singled Out and Web Soup [G4's little brother to Talk Soup/The Soup].

Got clued into it by a reference to Hardwick interviewing Alison Brie in the comments of an article announcing Brie was cast in the next Scream movie, went to the podcast in ITunes and it's 'listeners also liked' blurb had most of my current casts [Carolla, Fiztdog, Maron]

Had a live show with Adam Savage of Mythbusters where Adam was talking about the creation of Envision.

The host made a crack about 'too bad they didn't envision the global market crash' to crickets . . .

"Aaaand Health Care. . . Rape and Crib Death, goodnight ladies and gentlemen."

ROFL ROFL - nice recovery

Also had Adam talking about his days at ILM, and particularly to FX guys anticipating getting their marching orders on 'fightin' Yoda' they get the screenplay and it says, simply 'Yoda fights in a manner that is indescribable. . . FUUUuuUuuuuuuuuu ROFL

Adam also advises, Star Wars Eps 2 and 3 can be salvaged [not 1, nothing can salvage 1] by setting your DVD to French with subtitles.

A big plus is Hardwick's facility with voices, he has the 'didactic nerd voice' a passable cockney, a good aussie, and one of my favorite schticks [employed by the likes of Oswalt and Cross, the 'booming songster singing about the present topic' voice [think Cross' 'Henderson Valley Eggs, YOU'RE GONNA LOVE OUR EGGS!!!!']

Baby Lee 07-17-2010 10:19 AM

Anyone else fascinated with tallying up how many cigarettes Kevin lights up every Smodcast? I hear the flint of his lighter at least 6-7 times every 'cast.

EDIT to add: OK, maybe not cigarettes every time.

TrickyNicky 08-05-2010 03:19 PM

Going to be on the road for 22 hours in the next 3 days. I usually listen to Opie and Anthony on XM, but I cancelled my sub.

Anything new or specific cant-miss podcast episodes from the ones previously mentioned?

Thig Lyfe 08-05-2010 03:24 PM

Not enough love for Comedy Death Ray Radio in here.

The_Doctor10 08-05-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 6885087)
Anyone else fascinated with tallying up how many cigarettes Kevin lights up every Smodcast? I hear the flint of his lighter at least 6-7 times every 'cast.

EDIT to add: OK, maybe not cigarettes every time.

4 pages for the first Smod reference??

I can't get enough of them, I've listened to them all at least 4 times each, they're amazing.

PS With respect to the cigarettes/weed, it's not that he's lighting a new one every time, it's that he's talked for so long it goes out and he needs to re-light.

Make It So: A Star Trek podcast is pretty effin hilarious for the Trek fans out there, and Movies You Should See is also good if you look past the fact that they rarely talk about the movies (Which I find more fun, frankly).

The_Doctor10 08-05-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 6858828)

Also had Adam talking about his days at ILM, and particularly to FX guys anticipating getting their marching orders on 'fightin' Yoda' they get the screenplay and it says, simply 'Yoda fights in a manner that is indescribable. . . FUUUuuUuuuuuuuuu ROFL

Adam also advises, Star Wars Eps 2 and 3 can be salvaged [not 1, nothing can salvage 1] by setting your DVD to French with subtitles.

A big plus is Hardwick's facility with voices, he has the 'didactic nerd voice' a passable cockney, a good aussie, and one of my favorite schticks [employed by the likes of Oswalt and Cross, the 'booming songster singing about the present topic' voice [think Cross' 'Henderson Valley Eggs, YOU'RE GONNA LOVE OUR EGGS!!!!']

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfBhi6qqFLA

Star Wars Episode 2 cannot be salvaged. Episode 3 MAYBE I could see it, working, the story is a little bit better. Though still STUPIDLY flimsy.

Baby Lee 08-06-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey_Mecca (Post 6918962)
4 pages for the first Smod reference??

I can't get enough of them, I've listened to them all at least 4 times each, they're amazing.

PS With respect to the cigarettes/weed, it's not that he's lighting a new one every time, it's that he's talked for so long it goes out and he needs to re-light.

Make It So: A Star Trek podcast is pretty effin hilarious for the Trek fans out there, and Movies You Should See is also good if you look past the fact that they rarely talk about the movies (Which I find more fun, frankly).

Listened to one of the funniest I've come across just this morning, Kevin was back in Redbank with Bryan Johnson, and Kevin was pitching Bryan to come care for him in Hollywood when he bloats up to 1000 pounds and needs someone to go out and bring hookers back to fellate his Jabba junk. For some reason getting that fat made him have a squeaky, whiny voice that every thing he said in that voice made the two of the crack up unendingly.

TrickyNicky 08-06-2010 08:06 PM

Tales from the Spacepod

Three guys pick a supernatural topic and share their personal experiences and crack jokes about them, usually to go off on tangents that delves into other areas of pop culture. It's a fairly short podcast with eps lasting only about 50 min., and they are fairly new with only 5 episodes released in the past month. So far they've covered Bigfoot, Aliens, Ghosts, Shadowpeople, and Chupacabra. I recommend giving them a listen.

ZootedGranny 08-06-2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportsRacer (Post 6918942)
Not enough love for Comedy Death Ray Radio in here.

It's pretty good. The problem for me is that when a terrible character comes on, it usually kills the podcast.

Hands down, my favorite show (which is available in podcast form) is The Best Show on WFMU. Three hours of mirth, music and mayhem.

The best thing I can do to recommend the show is to point to The Best Show Gems, which are usually calls from Jon Wurster in character.

Baby Lee 09-24-2010 11:41 AM

Two new, and quite strong, offerings.

Hollywood Babble On - part of SmodNation, Kevin Smith and Ralph Garmin [Carolla's long time friend and former roomate, now part of McFarlane's voice group [Family Guy, Cleveland Show] dish on the industry.

And, I'm all atwitter just mentioning. The Pod F. Tompcast. Brilliant, just brilliant. I can listen perpetually as PFT pulls side-splitting comedy out of thin air on the strength of his tone of voice. His running bit where he plays Andrew Lloyd Webber trying to round up talent for the greatest stage production mankind has ever witnessed was particularly great. Thus far, he's recruited Ice-T and John C. Reilly.

Should also mention, not as balls out funny, as it's 'historical,' Jay and Silent Bob Get Old, where Smith and Mewes recount Mewes' journey from smack addiction to recovery. They recount it lightheartedly, and chuckle about some of the ****ups Mewes hung out with throughout the years, but it's dark at times as well, understandable as Mewes was full-on junkie when Smith was in the process of starting a marriage and later raising a toddler, then kid, then tween.

Baby Lee 11-21-2010 09:12 AM

Holy Shit that was out of nowhere.

Knew Katie Morgan was trying to mainstream herself, what with the HBO specials and all, had no idea Kevin Smith was the world's laziest matchmaker.

Jim Jackman is a guy who's been in a few small parts here and that clear back to the mid-80s. And as Kev got into the Hollywood scene, they've struck up a bit of a friendship. Enough that he was hanging around Pittsburgh while Kev was making Zach and Miri, enough that he was hanging out with Katie [cast in the movie], enough that they smoka' tha' herb now and then, enough that they've been MARRIED for a year.

And now, it appears Katie and Kev's wife Schwalbach are good friends, and Jim and Katie volunteer for Kev's charity roller hockey team, and if Kev's various allusions and mutterings are correctly interpreted Katie will soon be hosting a regular podcast on Smod.

World's collide. . .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/motionb...7732/lightbox/

pic of Jim, Katie and Kev at the roller hockey event.

Demonpenz 11-21-2010 10:08 AM

The nerdist is my favorite, there were alot of things when I do my standup that I didn't have words to describe what was going on. Like how people have mainstream acts like Leno, then they have alt acts like (whatever alt acts are big right now) because I had a guy go before me the other day and do a bit about How hot his soup was at dave and buster and I go on with "I don't know who named this the 12th annual softball chili cookoff, it should have been named the 1st annual lesbian fartoff" and just random shit.

Baby Lee 11-21-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 7186816)
The nerdist is my favorite, there were alot of things when I do my standup that I didn't have words to describe what was going on. Like how people have mainstream acts like Leno, then they have alt acts like (whatever alt acts are big right now) because I had a guy go before me the other day and do a bit about How hot his soup was at dave and buster and I go on with "I don't know who named this the 12th annual softball chili cookoff, it should have been named the 1st annual lesbian fartoff" and just random shit.

So when guys like Hardwick blabber for hours on 'honing our craft' . . . tune out or pull pud?

Baby Lee 11-21-2010 11:14 AM

Oh, and if the term podcast is ever made against the law, I think they should call them 'yeahyeahyeahs'

Don't think I've heard one yet where someone hasn't said that at least once.

The Smodcast should already be called that. That or 'and whatnot'

Demonpenz 11-21-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 7186952)
So when guys like Hardwick blabber for hours on 'honing our craft' . . . tune out or pull pud?

I pull pud, he feels the way I do. When people tell me how much balls it is to get on stage, I don't think it takes balls at all, it's more like running out of a burning building. It's just what I do.

Demonpenz 11-21-2010 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 7186958)
Oh, and if the term podcast is ever made against the law, I think they should call them 'yeahyeahyeahs'

Don't think I've heard one yet where someone hasn't said that at least once.

The Smodcast should already be called that. That or 'and whatnot'

that is pretty funny, although in day to day life I don't run into many people who listen to podcasts or know what they are, but I def listen to them and go yeah I know exactly how you feel.

Baby Lee 11-21-2010 11:34 AM

Mash this up with the nostaglia thread, Hardwick's Nerdist theme always gives me the warm fuzzies, and I wasn't even a little bit of a PC gamer as a kid.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N7bIMrNjMk8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N7bIMrNjMk8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Baby Lee 11-21-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 7187024)
that is pretty funny, although in day to day life I don't run into many people who listen to podcasts or know what they are, but I def listen to them and go yeah I know exactly how you feel.

OMFG, listening to an old 'Live at Smodcastle' and Kevin JUST [well whenever he said it, but JUST, as in between when I posted that and now, for me] read a letter from a listener who thanked him for giving the world 'and whatnot' so the writer now know how to bring meandering babbling to an end.

Demonpenz 11-21-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 7187030)
Mash this up with the nostaglia thread, Hardwick's Nerdist theme always gives me the warm fuzzies, and I wasn't even a little bit of a PC gamer as a kid.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N7bIMrNjMk8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N7bIMrNjMk8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

i played alot of 16 bit and I love it.

Baby Lee 12-30-2010 05:51 AM

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-b...of-2010,49466/

Demonpenz 12-30-2010 10:52 AM

I like the nerdist alot, but I get so fired up listening to it because it is right in wheel house. I will be checking those other out.

Baby Lee 01-01-2011 07:05 AM

Guy on the Nerdist had a bit that reminded me of here. Talking about how, at the time of Michael Jackson's death, the fanpage for Red Lobster's Cheddar Biscuits became ground zero for mourning fans. Just pages of people reminiscing about Michael, then an occasional person not in the know posting about how awesome Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits are, then people admonishing him that 'now is not the time.'

ROFL ROFL

Demonpenz 01-01-2011 01:58 PM

hahaha..nine eleven happened I was on here saying how Trich needs more touches

Baby Lee 02-03-2011 11:41 AM

Maron killing with Dave Foley. The industry stuf was meh, but then Dave gets into his nightmare relationships. I'll spoiler the details b/c it's really better heard firsthand.

Nice recovery from going full dickhead with Gallagher.

Spoiler!

Baby Lee 02-21-2011 09:36 AM

Adam Carolla channeling my Id today re: Tavis Smiley.

Baby Lee 02-27-2011 03:04 PM

DP [and anyone else who likes good 'casting], if you haven't heard Hardwick nerd out with Wesley Crusher, do so now. Not so much for the funny, though there were a number of wisecracks, but for the stories and the history. In case you were unaware [though surely you can't be] Chris and Wil were childhood friends and roommates in their 20s. Never was a Trekkie, so I barely know anything about Wil Wheaton, but you can feel the affection between the two.

Probably the best podcast I've heard in a while, from anyone, and I'm not always the biggest Nerdist fan [especially since he's gone guestless once a week].

Demonpenz 02-27-2011 06:51 PM

i have it ready to go.

Fishpicker 02-27-2011 07:25 PM

Lately I've been listening to Joe Rogan Experience, Smartest man in the world, How did this get made, Doug loves movies, WTF, and Fitzdog radio. All of those are pretty funny. I heard Marc Maron on Air America a long time ago and hated it. I have to give Marc credit, the guy puts together the best interviews. the most recent WTF was an interview with Carl Labove. The entire interview was about Sam Kinison and his life, Labove's relationship with Kinison and Maron, and all the crazy shit they did BITD. this was an inside story that i have wanted to hear for 20 years.

blaise 03-03-2011 06:24 AM

I started listening to "The History of Rome" They're very good if you're interested in Roman history.

http://thehistoryofrome.typepad.com/

Demonpenz 03-03-2011 05:01 PM

I didn't know wesley's last name. I kept on looking for Wesley Crushlers name on the list of podcasts on nerdist.com. It is a good listen. The qubert joke was funny. Nerdy ryde or die.

Baby Lee 03-04-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 7465243)
I didn't know wesley's last name. I kept on looking for Wesley Crushlers name on the list of podcasts on nerdist.com. It is a good listen. The qubert joke was funny. Nerdy ryde or die.

Not in a gay way, but my heart opened wide to Wheaton when he stammered for a good minute 'you 'member, remember, you you you 'member, 'member the time' chuckling the whole time about when he plopped the stick butter onto the ceiling of his parent's kitchen.

Nobody who is so goofily, geekily enthusiastic about reminiscing with a friend can be all bad.

Demonpenz 03-04-2011 03:18 PM

Yeah he seemed like a good dude, the Butter bit was probably alot funnier to him than me. Although the joke when he was like My dad is handsome, but at this time he was wearing baggy pants with a rat tail. Kevin goes....you are desribing a handsome man! Like Renegades cousin in the episode where they go to venice beach. That was pretty funny.

Baby Lee 03-05-2011 03:55 PM

I was just reminded, but here's a heck of a trivia question, what is the most direct connection between Groundhog Day, oversized suits, and OK Computer?

For those who know exactly what I'm talking about, feel free to lay out the entire story, saving me the keystrokes.

A video clue, for the uninitiated;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvYHmCMAqLQ&sns=em

Baby Lee 03-13-2011 11:07 PM

Holy schnikes, Smod coming from Lawrence KS, circa 1994.

Introducing no-funding cinema.

Gawd Kevin sounds like a child. [orally, not contentwise]

Baby Lee 04-09-2011 02:08 PM

Went way back, based on a recommendation over at AVClub, but it didn't disappoint.

Tompkins and Sharpling dissect the Gathering of the Juggalos. Perhaps the most straight up funny 20 minutes or so I've heard this year, anywhere.

http://wfmu.org/flashplayer.php?vers...&archive=54334

EDIT: Here's right to the meat of it.

http://files.dropbox.com/u/280367/be...r_juggalos.mp3

For those who might not know how apocryphal this bit is, it was the direct inspiration for SNL's Kickspit Dirt Festival Commercial.

I seriously don't know what's funniest, the reveals [which I won't spoil, but the highlights were the reveal that someone who looks like someone they were JUST making fun of is there too, and the Fresh Comedy lineup], or when Sharpling and Tompkins just descend into laughing uncontrollably at the mess going on around them.

EDIT AGAIN: listening again, the funniest is clear, the name of the place where you can get your grub on with Violent J.

Baby Lee 04-18-2011 06:03 AM

Danielle Koenig officially has the sexiest laugh on ****ing earth.