ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics Need your savvy help with attaining an iPhone 6s for cheap.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=297679)

Chiefshrink 01-17-2016 03:01 PM

Need your savvy help with attaining an iPhone 6s for cheap....

for my daughter if at all possible. Our carrier is AT&T and they recently took away the two year service contract deal making it much harder to get the newest phones for cheap. When we had the two year service contract we could get the very latest phones anywhere from $200-$300. Is there anyway to get the same deal whether it be getting it somewhere else and not through AT&T?

Buck 01-17-2016 03:36 PM

When I bought my 6S+ from Verizon in December, I had the option to buy it outright or pay $499 with a 2 year deal. I bought it outright.

DaveNull 01-17-2016 07:10 PM

Apple's got some kind of lease type thing that is very close to what it used to be in terms of out-of-pocket cost IIRC and they'll let you upgrade every year. That's what my wife went with after a few trips to the carriers store that involved yelling.

Chiefshrink 01-17-2016 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 12035843)
When I bought my 6S+ from Verizon in December, I had the option to buy it outright or pay $499 with a 2 year deal. I bought it outright.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 12036630)
Apple's got some kind of lease type thing that is very close to what it used to be in terms of out-of-pocket cost IIRC and they'll let you upgrade every year. That's what my wife went with after a few trips to the carriers store that involved yelling.

Thx fellas !! Much appreciated.:thumb:

Third Eye 01-18-2016 12:15 AM

You should still be able to get the 2 year contract and a discounted phone, but you have to push them on it, they won't offer it. My wife just got the 6s plus for $300 and a 2 year contract. They are really pushing the "Next" plan, or whatever it's called, but that doesn't work for us. We still have the grandfathered unlimited data, and we'd have to drop that if we wanted to change plans.

Gonzo 01-18-2016 11:26 AM

Sprints running a deal where if you sign up with them, they'll pay off your contract and give you a 6S for free. They also allow for an upgrade every year.
I got one for me and Lumpy with unlimited everything for 120 a month.

Chiefshrink 01-24-2016 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 12037169)
You should still be able to get the 2 year contract and a discounted phone, but you have to push them on it, they won't offer it. My wife just got the 6s plus for $300 and a 2 year contract. They are really pushing the "Next" plan, or whatever it's called, but that doesn't work for us. We still have the grandfathered unlimited data, and we'd have to drop that if we wanted to change plans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12037517)
Sprints running a deal where if you sign up with them, they'll pay off your contract and give you a 6S for free. They also allow for an upgrade every year.
I got one for me and Lumpy with unlimited everything for 120 a month.

You guys are awesome !! thx a ton !!:clap: