ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs KC Star: Clark looks forward to next season (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269599)

ModSocks 02-02-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9372293)
I don't give a shit what Clark is saying on February 1st.

I only care what happens on draft day.

This.

Cuz i mean....They would NEVER blow smoke up our asses, right? No NEVER that. That kinda shit never takes place several months prior to the Draft.

:rolleyes:

Imon Yourside 02-02-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9372496)
This.

Cuz i mean....They would NEVER blow smoke up our asses, right? No NEVER that. That kinda shit never takes place several months prior to the Draft.

:rolleyes:

When was the last time a team came out in Jan/Feb and stated who they were going to pick...Even Peyton Manning wasn't the for sure pick if i remember correctly.

FloridaMan88 02-02-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9372293)
I don't give a shit what Clark is saying on February 1st.

I only care what happens on draft day.

And if they **** this up, my ST's will be up for sale on Ebay/CL within seconds.

Agreed.

I get the frustration and concern (given the Chiefs history of not drafting QB's), however what Clark or anyone from the Chiefs is saying on February 1st means nothing.

ModSocks 02-02-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9372498)
When was the last time a team came out in Jan/Feb and stated who they were going to pick...Even Peyton Manning wasn't the for sure pick if i remember correctly.

Hell, the week prior to last years draft there were still debates on if the Colts were going to take Luck or RGIII.

It's far too early to be worrying about what these guys say. The real rumors will start to fly after the combine and during the pro days.

Ace Gunner 02-02-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9372436)
True, but the thought of the trio of Jekyll, Alex Smith, and Glennon make me vomit in my mouth quite a bit.

ha, well why not put matty c on the roster with them, since this seems more likely to become reality than just about every other scenario. then vomit launch.

I still believe Geno Smith is the right choice, I'm just discussing the option because it's being brought up quite a bit in circles everywhere. Star is going to be a good player, I think. He can play 34 or 43 and do a lot for any defense. But, Geno is going to be the right guy for the Chiefs and this WCO style offense.

He can move, bootleg passes are routine for Geno. He is very accurate in the short passing game and has a fairly quick release -- two very important components to Reid's WCO game. I really like his short pass release because it is very high and his trajectory puts the ball into the ground which cuts down the INT factor, but the passes are very catchable. He's got arm too. He can push the ball downfield.

If they don't pull the trigger on Geno I believe a few QB's being touted as 1st rounders are going to slide back to the 2nd round or even 3rd.

BossChief 02-02-2013 03:18 PM

We are gonna let a similar player to Star walk this offseason...Dorsey is a premier run stuffer and doesn't offer a whole lot as a pass rusher.

Sounds like Stars skill set, to me.

Hell, I'd go as far as to say that Dorsey was a better prospect coming out, too...he may be a better player than Star RIGHT NOW, too.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-02-2013 03:20 PM

I say bring Glenn back. They simply cannot trot out Rapeatitty or blow the number one on the position.

bevischief 02-02-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9372190)
Hate to say it, but Dorsey and Hunt have been consistently trying to prepare us for passing on a qb with the top pick.

Not sure if I should be just a little mad, or full blown pissed off.

I noticed that as well. We have to wait to see if this is a smokescreen or not.

BossChief 02-02-2013 03:21 PM

The ONLY player we could chose (that isn't a QB) from this class that wouldn't create a logjam at a position would be milliner...it's a shame Pioli let Carr walk.

Dorsey and Star as similar players
Joeckel and Albert are, too

A QB HAS TO BE THE PICK.

BossChief 02-02-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9372789)
I say bring Glenn back. They simply cannot trot out Rapeatitty or blow the number one on the position.

I fully expect them to bring back Dorsey on a 1 or 2 year deal. Moving to a 1 gap defense, he could be a huge asset as a 1 gap nose.

bevischief 02-02-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 300 Bowler (Post 9372203)
OK, you care about the Chiefs. I get that. You're a pretty well-informed fan and you have strong feelings about what they should do in the draft. I get that too.

But your post reeks of arrogance and self-delusion. You aren't part of a group of "men" who can tell Clark Hunt to back the ****. You don't have any work to do.

I want the Chiefs to draft Geno Smith. But I think Clark Hunt has done a hell of a job the last month of purging the cancer from the organization and hiring great people. Give him a little ****ing credit and don't act like a total douche if the Chiefs decide to pass on Geno Smith. I swear, I haven't seen a goup of posters so ****ing obsessed with a college quarterback since Mecca and the other drafturbaters swore up and down that the Chiefs were total ****ing morons for not drafting Mark Sanchez.

I forget, how is Sanchez working out again?

Geno Smith obviously has much better credentials and a much better skillset than Sanchez did. But he's not a sure thing. Lots of guys look like absolute studs running the spread offense in college, yet turn out to be busts.

Now go ahead and say you were simply speaking rhetorically and you don't personally believe that you as an individual are part of that group of men you referred to. That's obvious. I just get a little tired of the negativity around here sometimes. 100% negativity towards Scott "Team Killer" Polio is fine. He earned it. But Clark Hunt is busting his ass trying to do the right things, and he deserves better.

I think Sanchez would have turned out better if in not such a big market as New York I was on the fence about drafting him. I want nothing to do with him. I want Geno.

Three7s 02-02-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9372799)
I fully expect them to bring back Dorsey on a 1 or 2 year deal. Moving to a 1 gap defense, he could be a huge asset as a 1 gap nose.

I'm pretty sure CP told me Dorsey would suck as a 1-gap NT.

bevischief 02-02-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9372259)
How else are they going to get one other than through a high draft pick? PLEASE don't mention Foles or Cousins.

Wishing well. Joe Chiefs fan.

I agree with you.

SAUTO 02-02-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9372306)
I'm still embarrased I tried to excuse and rationalize the Cassel/T-Jack abortion. My initial reaction was anger and despair, but I just had to try and find the bright side. Won't make that mistake again.

Me too.

I'm sorry to anyone I ever argued with about either of them.

I was wrong. They were right.
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief 02-02-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9372343)
I think he'd love to hear Phat Andy say he's in love with a QB at no 1.

I also think he's smart enough to be open to a reeruned trade allowing us move down and still get our guy.

I don't think it will happen.

I don't think he believes it will happen.

But I think he's still playing the "meh" game at 1 in hopes someone will chug some purple drank on draft day...

This is my thinking as well. After what Washington gave up last year to get RG3.:drool: But I still want Geno, and no Cassel on this team.