ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Harrison Ford confirmed for 'Blade Runner' sequel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290955)

Fire Me Boy! 02-28-2015 06:47 PM

Harrison Ford confirmed for 'Blade Runner' sequel

The bigger thing, IMO, will be how they write Han. If they write him like a 70-year-old playing the young Han we saw in the original trilogy, it won't be believable. He can retain the smart assness, but they need to age him in attitude and personality, too.

Easy 6 02-28-2015 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11353256)
And Harrison is not what he once was. Watch him in interviews.

I am concerned...

You've changed in 1001 ways since you were a fat 15 year old, but you're still Clay inside... your outward appearance has changed, your goals and views have changed in many ways... but the experiences in your early life will never change.

You're still the same guy in all the ways that matter on the inside.

Han is going to ROCK Han.

Hammock Parties 02-28-2015 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11353308)
You've changed in 1001 ways since you were a fat 15 year old, but you're still Clay inside... your outward appearance has changed, your goals and views have changed in many ways... but the experiences in your early life will never change.

You're still the same guy in all the ways that matter on the inside.

Han is going to ROCK Han.

I suppose. I just have reservations. I don't think he is "all there."

Easy 6 02-28-2015 07:21 PM

Watch this and weep for your inner child, you have become jaded by the pressures and ugliness of the adult world young Padiwan... go grab your Boba Fett outfit and dance with me!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bAX-agG_ESM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 02-28-2015 07:36 PM

I'm just calling it like I see it. In interviews, Ford looks like an old man who's losing it. I think drugs are helping him keep it together for performances.

Baby Lee 02-28-2015 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11352757)
He was good in "42", which was the last film I saw him.

He's so ****ing mellowed out from his ganja use, his mumbling sounds like his light saber used to.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lgMM2Q2DHM4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gonzo 02-28-2015 09:07 PM

Well, I suppose I should sit down and really watch the original. I've seen bits and pieces of it but never from beginning to end. This is kinda rare for me too, I'm really into movies from that era.

Hammock Parties 02-28-2015 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11353559)
Well, I suppose I should sit down and really watch the original. I've seen bits and pieces of it but never from beginning to end. This is kinda rare for me too, I'm really into movies from that era.

It's a lovely moody, immersive, slow burn. I saw it on the big screen for the first time a few weeks ago and it's incredible how well everything in it holds up. CGI ****ing sucks.

Easy 6 02-28-2015 09:28 PM

You havent sat and intently watched the original movie yet, Gonzo?

Whoooa, you better get with the program... but quick!

Baby Lee 02-28-2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11353590)
You havent sat and intently watched the original movie yet, Gonzo?

Whoooa, you better get with the program... but quick!

I don't think I've sat straight through it either. Or if I did, the details didn't resonate.

Don't remember it as a bad movie, just not the most memorable of ones.

DaneMcCloud 02-28-2015 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11353627)
I don't think I've sat straight through it either. Or if I did, the details didn't resonate.

It's an excellent film. The acting, visuals, direction and story are all top notch.

If you haven't watched it recently, I'd recommend giving it a look.

Easy 6 02-28-2015 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11353627)

Wait a minute, just how many of you mooks out there havent actually sat and watched the original Star Wars as a teenager or younger?

I dont even know where to begin, so I wont.

DaneMcCloud 02-28-2015 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11353644)
Wait a minute, just how many of you mooks out there havent actually sat and watched the original Star Wars as a teenager or younger?

Dude, this thread is about Blade Runner.

Baby Lee 02-28-2015 10:01 PM

Quote:

Saw all three originals on opening night, including ANH when I was 5 or so. Glenwood represent!!

I was talking about being murky about Blade Runner.

Hammock Parties 02-28-2015 10:02 PM

Quote:

Dumbass. LMAO