ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV What? No "Sons of Anarchy" Thread? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=190559)

Deberg_1990 03-31-2018 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13497648)
No, it's really not. It started off pretty well, but just got horrible in season 3 or 4. I stayed with it until the end, but I really shouldn't have. Beginning to end, it's about a C.

Certainly no masterpiece, but Its very entertaining at times. B grade overall, but highly entertaining pulp.

Molitoth 04-01-2018 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13497339)
If i remember right, the bulk of season 3 was the Ireland season which alot of people hated, but then it ended on a very high note which led into season 4.

ahhh yes. The Ireland season was a little meh, but I remember the season with the Female agent being awesome, especially the ending.

Easy 6 04-01-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13497648)
No, it's really not. It started off pretty well, but just got horrible in season 3 or 4. I stayed with it until the end, but I really shouldn't have. Beginning to end, it's about a C.

Dont listen to him, Joe... it only gets better, there are several massive plot twists yet to come

BigRedChief 04-01-2018 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13498327)
ahhh yes. The Ireland season was a little meh, but I remember the season with the Female agent being awesome, especially the ending.

yeah getting past the Ireland season/plot focus on the show and returning to its biker roots got it back on track.

Nzoner 04-01-2018 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13498351)
Dont listen to him, Joe... it only gets better, there are several massive plot twists yet to come

Getting ready to start ep 4 season 3

Easy 6 04-03-2018 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13498959)

Keep going, you wont be sorry... many huuuge developments still ahead

BigRedChief 04-03-2018 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13498959)

I didn't watch the show until it was already off the air. Didn't know any spoilers and watched a couple episodes on Netflix. At the end, I wondered why I didn't watch this while it was on the air/

Nzoner 04-03-2018 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13500817)
Keep going, you wont be sorry... many huuuge developments still ahead

Finally made it past the Ireland trip and have to admit I'm glad that part is over.I do like(not love) the show as I still feel the writing is not great and there's too many :rolleyes: moments. (Tara coming to just in time to save Gemma from the caretaker,leaving the hotel door open in Belfast with two dead bodies in clear view while you have a moment of deep thought etc.)

Not trying to be too critical as it's only tv but then again I do compare my tv viewing to my two personal favs The Sopranos and Law & Order SVU.

Nzoner 04-03-2018 10:33 AM

Forgot to add that Stephen King playing "The Cleaner" was a nice chuckle.

The Franchise 04-03-2018 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13500990)
Finally made it past the Ireland trip and have to admit I'm glad that part is over.I do like(not love) the show as I still feel the writing is not great and there's too many :rolleyes: moments. (Tara coming to just in time to save Gemma from the caretaker,leaving the hotel door open in Belfast with two dead bodies in clear view while you have a moment of deep thought etc.)

Not trying to be too critical as it's only tv but then again I do compare my tv viewing to my two personal favs The Sopranos and Law & Order SVU.

You're going to find that the law enforcement in this show are ****ing beyond horrible at their jobs.

Dayze 04-03-2018 11:23 AM

I really enjoyed this show. Though, when I stopped watching a couple years back, they hadn't finished making the final season, so i haven't seen the final season yet. I agree - was ready for all the Ireland shit to be done with.

I was pretty tired of Gemma's shit in the last season or two. the writing for her character became almost too predictable. She became a major irritant for me.

Easy 6 04-03-2018 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13500990)

Hang in there, iirc all of that shows biggest plot wowzers still lie ahead

Yeah, Ireland got old quick, totally agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13501107)
You're going to find that the law enforcement in this show are ****ing beyond horrible at their jobs.

Unser never even tried lol, but I always thought the gang did a helluva good job getting over on the big time LE types assigned to take them down... gotta admit, I miss this show

Nzoner 04-04-2018 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13501159)

I was pretty tired of Gemma's shit in the last season or two. the writing for her character became almost too predictable. She became a major irritant for me.

Yeah,I just started season 4 and she has quickly become one of my least favorite characters as well.

Nzoner 04-04-2018 07:04 AM

I will say though that season 3 finale was two thumbs way up,Opie telling Stahl,"this is what she felt" and then lights out.

Easy 6 04-04-2018 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13502530)
I will say though that season 3 finale was two thumbs way up,Opie telling Stahl,"this is what she felt" and then lights out.

Opie...