ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs An addition to the Pioli resume (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268114)

bevischief 12-28-2012 06:42 PM

Send in end the 400 pound men army to end this... JFC...

SAUTO 12-28-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9246815)
KC players suck! Other teams players are Gods!

This is never said around here.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz 12-28-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9246751)
How should I know? I'm just a passerby in the football game of life.

But here's my best guess ...

When other franchise find themselves in the gloobering phase, they have the benefit of certain advantages the Chiefs simply do not possess. Namely, things like a more successful tradition or better coaching or stellar players at key positions (like say ... quarterback) or more recent experience in playing in and even winning playoff games.

As I see it, there are so many variables (schedule, fitting players into entirely new schemes or not, quality at key positions, or lack thereof, etc., etc.) that it's very difficult to isolate one particular gloober issue or (as the OP does) compare franchises in the way you wish to do, Mr. DeezNutz. We cannot magically snap our fingers and become the Redskins or the Seahawks or the Colts or anybody else.

I'll give you a couple of examples of what I mean ...

The Chiefs have been historically bad at things like developing players. Unless we draft a player who enters the league with franchise or near-franchise talent and a driving, personal desire to improve (say ... a Tony Gonzalez type) we rarely see them improve from "okay" to "great". We've had a few, but not many. Additionally, the Chiefs seem to suck at what some people call "complimentary football". We either have a good offense and a bad defense or vice versa. That means when we try and gloober (like those teams you mention) we are working from a fundamental, organizational, systemic disadvantage. It's the reason we are always the league's ugly bridesmaids. And until those fundamentals change, we'll always suck when it counts the most.

And perhaps most importantly, I'm not sure that other franchises (the good ones, I mean) maintain the inherent loser mentality that the Chiefs have cultivated for some 50 years. In social terms, those franchises have a "high bottom" whereas ours is apparently bottomless.

FAX

Good post. I appreciate Mrs. FAX taking the time to write it.

Plagiarism or any 'ism aside, all of what I've bolded, at least to me, ties directly back to the GM. Now, I'm not suggesting that our new GM will be able to snap his fingers and make everything magically better. But I do expect tangible progress, even in year one.

As to history and culture, are we really at a disadvantage with respect to these qualities in comparison to the Seahawks and Colts? The latter of which should have been known at the Mannings, with an enormous frontal lobe on the side of the helmets.

BigMeatballDave 12-28-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9246791)
I don't even know what OTWP is arguing anymore. Oh well.

That he is smarter than us and is always right.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-28-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9246667)
Dude do we have to go through all the players on other teams people suck off around here?

I don't have time for the list tonight clay
Posted via Mobile Device

Ryan Fitzpatrick ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni 12-28-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9246448)
How many teams have an elite running game, number 1 reciever, 2 high end pass rushers, an All Pro MLB, a number one corner, and an emerging super star safety?

I'm still waiting for this to be answered...

This is what a guy like Geno and new Head Coach would be walking into. Plus a damn solid O-line to boot.

FAX 12-28-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9247069)

This is what a guy like Geno and new Head Coach would be walking into. Plus a damn solid O-line to boot.

I have no idea, but I think maybe the New York Giants might come close to having all that stuff.

FAX

Coogs 12-28-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM
How many teams have an elite running game, number 1 reciever, 2 high end pass rushers, an All Pro MLB, a number one corner, and an emerging super star safety?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9247069)

Pretty close to the same damn thing Pioli walked into 4 years ago.

SAUTO 12-28-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9247106)

Pioli ****ing sucks.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King- 12-28-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9247073)
I have no idea, but I think maybe the New York Giants might come close to having all that stuff.

FAX

All they have is the pass rush and the receivers. They have no running game. Average LBs and TERRIBLE defensive backs.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-28-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9247106)

O-line much improved, Houston, and Berry. Shitty that's all, but that's not the point. I want to see all the teams in this league that supposedly have all these high level players at all these positions.

SAUTO 12-28-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9247136)
O-line much improved, Houston, and Berry. Shitty that's all, but that's not the point. I want to see all the teams in this league that supposedly have all these high level players at all these positions.

You just think they are high level.
Posted via Mobile Device

bricks 12-28-2012 09:32 PM

There is too much emphasis on talent in pro sports.

A team doesn't have to be loaded with talent to win.

As the saying goes, "best teams on paper don't always win."

I firmly believe that sports are ALL psychological.

Despite all the talent on the Chiefs, this team has never been mentally "fit" to complete.
That is more frustrating than anything.

*We only judge things based on what we can clearly see and so we base things off talent. The psychological aspect of sports is really hard to evaluate and assess as a fan but one can get some sort of an idea of where its at.

With this team, its ****ing atrocious. This team can't focus, isn't strategically smart or creative, and just doesn't have the right mindset. THATS THE PROBLEM!

I see it in a lot of games. Players commit the same mistakes over and over again by either committing costly penalties or turnovers at crucial moments in ball games. Why is that reoccurring? That is where one has to look at the mental aspect of things and it really comes down to a lack of disclipline, focus. The question is, do you attribute that to the players? Or the coaches? Who do you hold accountable for those type of miscues?

Another thing that pisses me off is seeing how these guys joke around on the sidelines or act like things aren't a big deal after they are getting killed in games. That sh*t shouldn't be happening. That is where I believe the players have the wrong mindset.

When your team is pulling off sh*t like that, you have to look beyond talent.

*Sorry OTWP58. Hope you don't think I'm trying to piss on your thread or anything. Just offerring my perspective

Coogs 12-28-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9247136)

Don't forget he lost a Carr. I know. I know. That's not your point.

SAUTO 12-28-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9247150)
Don't forget he lost a Carr. I know. I know. That's not your point.

Ok Pioli ****ing sucks.
Posted via Mobile Device