ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Mass Effect 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=238275)

Kraus 12-11-2010 08:54 PM

Mass Effect 3

Launch Trailer

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bG2mdZ23eP8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

irishjayhawk 12-11-2010 09:29 PM

:(

I'm still on one. Need. To. Find. Time.

Kraus 12-12-2010 07:53 PM

I'm actually a little surprised the third installment in coming out less than 2 years after the second one.

thecoffeeguy 12-13-2010 10:02 AM

Looks sweet.

I hope they take out mineral mining. I hate that.

veist 12-13-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecoffeeguy (Post 7255586)
Looks sweet.

I hope they take out mineral mining. I hate that.

I hated it from multiple perspectives, mechanically it was clunky and the controls were too dead so it would take forever on a console, from a gameplay perspective it was worse than the constantly driving around in the Mako in reskinned versions of mostly the same landscapes. Why they didn't just give us the new tank and the old method but with better landscapes I will never understand. It felt like it existed only to try and extend how long the game took without adding any kind of depth which is dumb since the game has a bunch of replayability just to see what happens if you do things differently. And finally from a game mechanics standpoint, the constantly having to go buy fuel and probes crap was just way too fiddly, nobody wants to play "Mass Effect: The logistics of space exploration."

On Topic: JIMP, will be sweet and will be sweet to see what they do with the last DLC or two that is going to bridge 2 and 3.

Frazod 12-13-2010 10:36 AM

I'M STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockon:

Adept Havelock 12-14-2010 08:11 PM

Nice. Looking forward to wrapping up the story. It's been a hell of a ride so far.

KcMizzou 12-14-2010 08:14 PM

I really very rarely play the 360. Always mean to, but never get around to it. These Mass Effect games have been the exception. I played 1 and 2 steadily to the end. Can't wait for #3.

I've still gotta finish Red Dead. I love that game... it's just always something I'm "gonna do", but not right now.

Lzen 12-15-2010 12:32 PM

After finishing Bioshock last month, I finally got around to ordering Mass Effect 1 and 2 today. Winter down time gives me more opportunity to play these games.

Kraus 12-15-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 7260445)
After finishing Bioshock last month, I finally got around to ordering Mass Effect 1 and 2 today. Winter down time gives me more opportunity to play these games.

Be sure to play some of the DLC too. Bring Down the Sky for ME1 and Overlord/Shadow Broker for ME2. All three are very worth it.

Lzen 12-15-2010 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7260620)
Be sure to play some of the DLC too. Bring Down the Sky for ME1 and Overlord/Shadow Broker for ME2. All three are very worth it.

Will do. Thanks for the tip.

Javabean 12-16-2010 01:03 PM

As much as I'm anticipating The Old Republic, I really wish BioWare were developing a Mass Effect MMO instead of a Star Wars one. It's such a great universe.

Pants 12-16-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javabean (Post 7263094)
As much as I'm anticipating The Old Republic, I really wish BioWare were developing a Mass Effect MMO instead of a Star Wars one. It's such a great universe.

I was thinking the same thing the other day, man. But I think Star Wars is just a much safer IP for them to pour all those resources into. I never liked Star Wars, but I loved KOTOR so I will probably enjoy TOR. Can you imagine all the fanboys spending the money on it that otherwise probably wouldn't, though?

Javabean 12-16-2010 01:15 PM

Yeah, there's no doubt that Star Wars is a bigger and more lucrative IP, so I completely understand BioWare's decision. I'm just saying that I personally would enjoy a Mass Effect MMO more.

Pants 12-16-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javabean (Post 7263115)
Yeah, there's no doubt that Star Wars is a bigger and more lucrative IP, so I completely understand BioWare's decision. I'm just saying that I personally would enjoy a Mass Effect MMO more.

I agree with that sentiment.