ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports *****Official Formula 1 Thread******* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271074)

Shiver Me Timbers 02-01-2024 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17379345)
Not sure exactly how I feel about that.

His biggest help may be in simply providing logistical/strategic know-how. He may help with car setup and the technical side as much as anything (though if that's what you're after, go get Alonso).

And as a teammate, he's kindof a bitch most of the time. I just don't see him as a guy who's likely to say "yeah, I'm looking to end my career in red and really jump-start Charles' in the process..."

And so long to the 'we don't have team orders' stuff at Ferrari - Hamilton won't stand for it.

So are we really going to put Hamilton in the 1 seat and make Charles wait again? The guys proven he's a championship caliber driver without a championship caliber car. Or is the plan that we're going to expect Hamilton to be a willing wingman for Leclerc?

I just don't see it working terribly well. And frankly, I don't like Hamilton very much so I'm not excited about having him in a Ferrari. Buuuuuuuut...if it makes life harder for Max somewhere, I'm on board with it.

I hate it. He will be no help and I do not like him either. He has a place out here in the Vail area. Friend of mine did a huge remodel on his place. He nickel and dime'd him on everything. Lewis decided he wanted a recording studio upstairs after the project was over 70% completed. This was back when he was dating one of the Pussy Cat Doll chicks. Long story short he screwed my friend out of several thousand dollars then had the audacity to try to get him back to do work. Total D Bag.

Shiver Me Timbers 02-01-2024 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 17379374)
What was wrong with Sainz?

Nothing. Hell, Leclerc probably felt threatened by him. It would be funny if he ends up at MB and kicks Lewis's ass

DJ's left nut 04-01-2024 02:20 PM

George Russell can't control his car, freaks out trying to run Alonso down on the last lap, Alonso gets a 20 second penalty and 3 friggen penalty points after the most bizarre and rambling 'explanation' from race stewards I've ever seen.

Lord that was awful. Alonso was...y'know...racing. And if Russell wasn't a frenetic spaz about it, he'd be pissed about it, lodge a complaint, maybe get the place after the fact but he wouldn't put the goddamn car into the trap because he'd actually control his racecar.

And if the stewards didn't punish Alonso for it, he'd get praised by everyone for being the cagey veteran throwing up a magnificent and creative defense of his position in front of a faster car. Y'know, like he has been 100 times before. That's exactly the thing that people have fawned over from him for 20 years now.

Man that was a rotten penalty.