ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271595)

Ceej 12-21-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa (Post 10298965)
Tuned in when KU was down one, and they pulled away quickly. Glad to see good contributions from Black and Lucas. Traylor looked pretty good, too. Great finishes on a couple and-ones. Loved that Wiggins drilled that three after getting pissed off. Hope Ellis is ok, probably best to sit him for a while and let some other guys fill in.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just a neck stinger. He should be ready to go for next game.

noa 12-21-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10298972)
Just a neck stinger. He should be ready to go for next game.

Ok, good to hear. Seemed more messed up than that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445 12-21-2013 04:50 PM

Pretty goddamn good showing against a pretty good team.

Man that officiating was terrible. I say that under the thinking that we came out on the better end of it. I know it's tougher up close at game speed, but damn those guys were shit. It bears repeating. The flagrant rules are a joke. The flagrant against black should have been reversed to a charge and not a flagrant. The one that knocked out Ellis was more of a flagrant than the one against Black IMO. Ever since they've brought in the elbow to the head flagrant it's let to a bunch of shitty ****ing calls.

I really hope Ellis is OK. He was puttin together a good game before he got demolished. But Black played like the guy he was billed to be. If he can contribute like that, were in for a treat.

BWillie 12-21-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10299103)
Pretty goddamn good showing against a pretty good team.

Man that officiating was terrible. I say that under the thinking that we came out on the better end of it. I know it's tougher up close at game speed, but damn those guys were shit. It bears repeating. The flagrant rules are a joke. The flagrant against black should have been reversed to a charge and not a flagrant. The one that knocked out Ellis was more of a flagrant than the one against Black IMO. Ever since they've brought in the elbow to the head flagrant it's let to a bunch of shitty ****ing calls.

I really hope Ellis is OK. He was puttin together a good game before he got demolished. But Black played like the guy he was billed to be. If he can contribute like that, were in for a treat.

Thought it was one of the best officiated games of the year actually.

Bambi 12-21-2013 05:36 PM

Good win. On to the next.

Reerun_KC 12-21-2013 05:37 PM

Buried in ice. Missed the game due to power outage.

TLO 12-21-2013 06:45 PM

Was only able to listen to the game on the radio today.

Sounds like the defense played a hell of a lot better.

Prison Bitch 12-21-2013 07:04 PM

I'll never understand why people talk about refs so much. I can't recall many games over thousands involving my team where I even noticed them. They get nearly every call right on replays.

Bearcat 12-21-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10299440)
I'll never understand why people talk about refs so much. I can't recall many games over thousands involving my team where I even noticed them. They get nearly every call right on replays.

I would generally agree prior to this season, but they're completely ruining the game... 55 fouls and 76 free throws. The discussion isn't even about right/wrong... if those were all by the book, they need to rewrite the ****ing book.

Prison Bitch 12-21-2013 07:58 PM

They're given instructions to call it tighter so they are. I don't blame them. According to Pomeroy these changes actually are having a positive impact on scoring which really needed to happen

TambaBerry 12-21-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10299580)
They're given instructions to call it tighter so they are. I don't blame them. According to Pomeroy these changes actually are having a positive impact on scoring which really needed to happen

Because its turned into free throw shooting contests

Bearcat 12-21-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10299580)

I don't care about blame, and like I said, if it's the book's fault and not the refs, rewrite the book. And of course it has a positive impact on the game... teams are shooting an insane number of free throws. I was all for tightening it down some, but it's been incredibly inconsistent and beyond ridiculous... don't know why anyone would want to watch a game with that many stoppages and free throws, but I guess people watch the NBA. :shrug:

Buehler445 12-21-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 10299594)
I don't care about blame, and like I said, if it's the book's fault and not the refs, rewrite the book. And of course it has a positive impact on the game... teams are shooting an insane number of free throws. I was all for tightening it down some, but it's been incredibly inconsistent and beyond ridiculous... don't know why anyone would want to watch a game with that many stoppages and free throws, but I guess people watch the NBA. :shrug:

Yeah, my buddy watched the Ohio State ND game and he blew up my phone bitching that Aaron Craft is getting away with the same old shit.

If they're tightening up across the board, that hacking one who sucks the penis would be fouled out after the 5th ND possession.

Saccopoo 12-22-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10299792)
Yeah, my buddy watched the Ohio State ND game and he blew up my phone bitching that Aaron Craft is getting away with the same old shit.

If they're tightening up across the board, that hacking one who sucks the penis would be fouled out after the 5th ND possession.

I don't know. The live college games I've been to seem to have much better flow this year than in recent years. I like the rules enforcement.

Now, on to more interesting things...has the Black vs. Wiggins feud been addressed yet?

Black seemed genuinely pissed about Wiggins passing him up for the lob at the end of the game and then when they got taken out at the end and were high fiving each other, Wiggins demeanor/facial expression changed when he and Black exchanged pleasantries.

What gives?

RustShack 12-23-2013 01:53 PM

ESPN ranked the top 10 front courts...

2. Kansas
3. Baylor
4. Iowa State

Arizona was # 1 but cool to see the Big12 dominating it!