ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Draw Your Line (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322531)

tmax63 04-24-2019 11:59 AM

Draw Your Line

There's lots of people here who don't mind Clark's history or Hunt and Hill's history either. There's some here who do. Where do you draw the line?

Is it conviction?
Is it "cops called, reports filed"?
Is it multiple incidents?
Is an allegation from college enough?

Is it cultural? Some people were raised to spank their kids and see nothing wrong with a "board of education". Others will scream "Child Abuse" and want to take kids out of the home and throw them into the foster care system.
If you grew up seeing mom and dad fighting how long do you get to figure out that's not how it's supposed to be before you are accountable? What's the appropriate level of punishment?
Polls are to rigid, just looking for your answers.

patteeu 04-24-2019 12:08 PM

I’m not sure what line we’re talking about, but I think I draw it at conviction or insubordination.

Rain Man 04-24-2019 12:17 PM

I may be an outlier, but I think that off the field stuff should stay off the field. If a guy gets put in jail and can't play, then he crossed the line. But taking action on anything else is the NFL just doing public relations and generally mangling it.

I absolutely despise what Michael Vick did, and I was glad that he didn't sign with the Chiefs, but in the end the off-field stuff was handled and he's got a right to earn a living after that. I feel the same way about any other player or any other worker in America.

I guess it's the employer's right to fire an employee if the employee is publicly doing stuff that the employer doesn't like, or that might hurt the employer's business, but come on. This is the NFL. A few whiny fans will boycott until their team is in the playoffs, and then they'll be back.

Yosef_Malkovitch 04-24-2019 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14224956)
I may be an outlier, but I think that off the field stuff should stay off the field. If a guy gets put in jail and can't play, then he crossed the line. But taking action on anything else is the NFL just doing public relations and generally mangling it.

I absolutely despise what Michael Vick did, and I was glad that he didn't sign with the Chiefs, but in the end the off-field stuff was handled and he's got a right to earn a living after that. I feel the same way about any other player or any other worker in America.

I guess it's the employer's right to fire an employee if the employee is publicly doing stuff that the employer doesn't like, or that might hurt the employer's business, but come on. This is the NFL. A few whiny fans will boycott until their team is in the playoffs, and then they'll be back.

This.

I don't watch football because the players are great human beings. I watch because it's fun to see some amazing athletes do things I could only dream of.

I don't care what someone does off the field, good or bad--everyone calling for Hill's head would not advocate keeping someone like Alex Smith on the team just because he visits hospitals or raises money for charities or whatever.

tmax63 04-24-2019 12:24 PM

Rainman, after meeting you at a draft party at your house many years ago I agree you are an outlier but that doesn't make you abnormal in this situation. I expect to find many who think along these lines including myself.

Sorce 04-24-2019 02:46 PM

I believe people screw up, what they do after is who they are. If you mess up deal with the consequences and try to change the behavior. I can forgive the action and the person can redeem themselves.

Shoes 04-24-2019 02:49 PM

Probably Aaron Hernandez is where I draw the line.

Sorce 04-24-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoes (Post 14225855)
Probably Aaron Hernandez is where I draw the line.

Bring him in for a look?

King_Chief_Fan 04-24-2019 03:01 PM

I draw the line where it puts all three on the losing side of the line.
I despise men who are cowards that clobber women or hurt children.
All three are guilty of being low life individuals.

Why Not? 04-24-2019 03:03 PM

Don’t give a shit at all what athletes do off the field.

O.city 04-24-2019 03:06 PM

I don't really hold them as role models as an adult, but I get the side that says they need to be held to a higher standard.

I think it's kind of ****ed up that they can get suspended or in trouble in situations where they aren't actually in legal trouble. Moreso about what it says about society and the law than the league I guess.

scho63 04-24-2019 03:10 PM

Innocent until proven guilty-that's always my line

srvy 04-24-2019 03:29 PM

I am a Father I love my kids I never want to harm come to them or any other kid. I cant fathom how a mother or father could intentionally harm there child. I have no compassion for someone who does.

But I dont think this was fair to drop charges but convict in court of public opinion. Howe knows that JO Ks. is a very family oriented community and this deal could make or break his political aspirations. So he pussed out to take to trial for fear of failure and convicted in public opinion to save face and his career. Thats what I think anyway.

007 04-24-2019 03:32 PM

Somebody mentioned this on 810 in regards to Hill. Even though they can't prosecute, Hill is still protecting someone that hurt this child. That alone is a problem whether it's himself or the mother.

scho63 04-24-2019 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14226061)
Somebody mentioned this on 810 in regards to Hill. Even though they can't prosecute, Hill is still protecting someone that hurt this child. That alone is a problem whether it's himself or the mother.

No one knows what happened except Tyreek and his wife. All this speculation that he or his wife intentionally hurt the child is ridiculous.

Could it have happened? Yes.
Could one of them have grabbed the kid by the arm and yanked him to make him listen or some other reason and they accidentally broke the kids arm? Yes

I'm not going to make assumptions and cast aspersions like the DA did. That's bullshit.