ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Nightfyre's initial QB rankings (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264183)

Tribal Warfare 12-17-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9219101)
When I've watched Bray, he hasn't been accurate at all.

See when I've watched him he's been pinpoint accurate with his WRs dropping perfect passes thrown right on the numbers or right in their hands.

O.city 12-17-2012 06:58 PM

I just haven't seen that.

SAUTO 12-17-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9219315)
I just haven't seen that.

tw probably just misunderstood his dad
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ's left nut 12-18-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9218982)
I guess you all are convinced Bray will magically grow up when he enters the NFL?

Magically? No. But the thing about 'growing up' is that it tends to happen as you age.

Bray has some maturing to do, no question. But you know what - it's happened before and it will happen again. If it happens with Bray and if he's able to get his footwork ironed out, he has the best set of physical tools in the draft.

Bray's problem is his feet and his maturity. He's not gunshy, he's not jittery, he's just very very inconsistent with his feet.

Ultimately that worries me more than his maturity. Bigger assholes than Bray have learned to straighten up and fly right. For some reason bad feet appear to be the toughest thing for QBs to fix, especially really bad feet.

Chiefnj2 12-20-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9218213)
Mine
  1. Geno Smith
  2. Bray
  3. Wilson
  4. Barkley

the rest are fodder

That's how I view it. Although Bray would have a huge asterisk because of the off-field/leadership issues.

O.city 12-20-2012 08:26 PM

I have Bray that high as well, but I don't think GM's will overlook his past.

ChiTown 12-27-2012 01:40 PM

Mike Glennon FTMFW!

/Mel Kiper

RUSH 12-27-2012 06:29 PM

I highly doubt he declares, but if he does then I can see David Fales shooting up boards and possibly be the 2nd QB off the board. The guy is impressive.

McShay is a clueless moron and called him a priority UDFA today. These guys suck until the NFL starts feeding them info. He's a 2nd rounder at worst if he's above 6'2. He's listed as 6'3 but that doesn't seem to be accurate.

Sorter 12-27-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 9244484)
I highly doubt he declares, but if he does then I can see David Fales shooting up boards and possibly be the 2nd QB off the board. The guy is impressive.

McShay is a clueless moron and called him a priority UDFA today. These guys suck until the NFL starts feeding them info. He's a 2nd rounder at worst if he's above 6'2. He's listed as 6'3 but that doesn't seem to be accurate.

Really? I just turned on his snaps vs. Stanford. Nice pocket presence and made an accurate throw on the run so far.

KurtCobain 12-27-2012 09:35 PM

I like bray over Smith. I've tried to like Smith as our savior. But I can't. Bray is the only qb in this draft that I feel to be a sure thing.

RUSH 12-28-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9244562)
Really? I just turned on his snaps vs. Stanford. Nice pocket presence and made an accurate throw on the run so far.

Yeah I really think so. No one really jumps out at me behind Geno. I like Wilson but that second tier is all lumped together to me. Depends on what teams are looking for.

But everytime I've watched Fales he has impressed me with his pocket presence, accuracy, and ability to get through his progressions when necessary. He makes smart decisions and is playing with crap around him, but elevating their play tremendously.

They almost beat Stanford on the road for ffs.

I'm almost looking for something negative at this point since it blows my mind how this guy ended up at San Jose State but I come away impressed everytime I watch him. I'd say his size and arm strength are his weaknesses but I also believe both are more than adequate for the NFL level. He was great last night in their bowl game.

I think I'm ready to move him ahead of Wilson as my 2nd favorite draft eligible QB.

Nightfyre 12-28-2012 02:14 PM

Watching Fales in the Stanford game and here are some of my takeaways:
+ He works his progressions quickly.
+ He drives the ball well to the outside in the short passing game.
+ He has good pocket presence and is elusive in the pocket
- His pre-snap reads are not good and he fails to account for the safety during his progressions at times.
- He lacks the ability to drive the ball on intermediate routes.
- Overall he doesn't have an NFL arm. Anything over ~25 yards is floating.
- His accuracy is inconsistent. His wide receivers wound up having to make a lot of adjustments and he tends to throw behind them.
- He seems to have a ball pat that slows down his release.
He is an awfully short 6'3" if you ask me and an awfully skinny 220.

Just my take after watching the one youtube.

SAUTO 12-28-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9244838)
I like bray over Smith. I've tried to like Smith as our savior. But I can't. Bray is the only qb in this draft that I feel to be a sure thing.

Please go **** and then kill yourself
Posted via Mobile Device

Nightfyre 12-28-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9244838)

Bray is a sure thing? ROFL

ntexascardfan 01-02-2013 12:50 PM

After seeing Wilson's success this year I wouldn't mind Tajh Boyd in the third round.