ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

keg in kc 04-27-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7595720)
I can't really discuss Sansa too much because of possible spoilers, but I just can't believe that her not telling the truth to Robert in Ep2 didn't anger you at all.

I'm not sure why anybody would expect her to do otherwise, after they'd established that she and Arya don't get along and that she's mooning after little lord ****stick and his royal family.

Buck 04-27-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7595817)
Nobody has 'discussed the book'. All I've done is discuss how my reaction to Sansa is the same with the show as it was with the book. Not even a smidgen of other information was presented.

:p

Hey, you basically forecast to the rest of us that she's a boring character. You were the one who made this thread.

Oh also theres a huge ****ing thread here also where you can discuss the book all you want. Just sayin'.

keg in kc 04-27-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7595826)
Hey, you basically forecast to the rest of us that she's a boring character.

No I didn't. Anytime I'm talking in this thread I'm talking about whatever's happening on TV. Even if I mention something from the book, I'm talking concurrently with whatever's happening on TV (and I didn't actually mention anything from the book...).
Quote:

Oh also theres a huge ****ing thread here also where you can discuss the book all you want. Just sayin'.
Yeah, thanks for pointing that out. It's not like I started both threads.

Pants 04-27-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7595825)
I'm not sure why anybody would expect her to do otherwise, after they'd established that she and Arya don't get along and that she's mooning after little lord ****stick and his royal family.

That's exactly why she angers me.

mnchiefsguy 04-27-2011 01:57 PM

Reading the first book, about 1/4 of the way in, and watching episode 2 tonight. Great series so far, nice mixture of fantasy and politics.

ElGringo 04-27-2011 02:02 PM

Just wanted to drop a thanks for this thread, started reading the other thread as the series started, and noticed everyone read the books and was telling us what is going to happen.

DJ's left nut 04-27-2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7595607)
I'm on of the people who have read the book, I hate Sansa with a passion. I think it's very doubtful she was taught to lie to the king. She's a ****ing idiot.

I think she was essentially a scared kid at that point.

C'mon - every child you've ever known (yourself included) has gone with "I don't know..." whenever the truth was going to get their ass blistered or a friend in trouble.

I don't fault her for it. She was just being a scared, sheltered kid. There's nothing to like about her, but I've never found anything to loathe about her either.

Pants 04-27-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7596068)
I think she was essentially a scared kid at that point.

C'mon - every child you've ever known (yourself included) has gone with "I don't know..." whenever the truth was going to get their ass blistered or a friend in trouble.

I don't fault her for it. She was just being a scared, sheltered kid. There's nothing to like about her, but I've never found anything to loathe about her either.

This really is a discussion better saved till after Season 1 runs its course.

keg in kc 04-27-2011 02:11 PM

I wish this damn show was on every night. Waiting a week sucks.

DJ's left nut 04-27-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7596075)
This really is a discussion better saved till after Season 1 runs its course.

I haven't read finished the book. In fact, I'm probably only about an episode or 2 ahead.

To this point, I can't come up with a reason to hate her. Obviously time will tell. I believe Tyrian Lannister is likely to be viewed much differently by the end of the season as well, but at this point he appears to be something of an evil little imp with a quick wit and that's the opinion I'm able to have of him.

Ultra Peanut 04-27-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7595839)
No I didn't. Anytime I'm talking in this thread I'm talking about whatever's happening on TV. Even if I mention something from the book, I'm talking concurrently with whatever's happening on TV (and I didn't actually mention anything from the book...).

This is like four-dimensional chess!

Buck 04-27-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7596132)
I haven't read finished the book. In fact, I'm probably only about an episode or 2 ahead.

To this point, I can't come up with a reason to hate her. Obviously time will tell. I believe Tyrian Lannister is likely to be viewed much differently by the end of the season as well, but at this point he appears to be something of an evil little imp with a quick wit and that's the opinion I'm able to have of him.

Me too. I'm hoping its only 1.

scorpio 04-27-2011 04:57 PM

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i...-DwTVMBd-L.jpg

Buck 04-27-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpio (Post 7596610)

LMAO

Baby Lee 04-27-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7590928)
This kid is doing a really good job of acting like a douche.

http://oi56.tinypic.com/qqvol0.jpg

Say 'what' again, mother****er!!!

ETA: Am I the only one who, every time I hear the name Sansa, wonders what a USB drive is doing in a fantasy drama? I am? Sorry. . .