ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Anybody here ever actually run the 40? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242253)

ModSocks 03-03-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 7464315)
Dude, again, running a high 4.5 is not a huge deal. It doesn't mean you would be a great football player. Larry Johnson weighed 230lbs. A Guy that size doing it, doesn't happen every day, but there are fast ass kids EVERYWHERE.
If you weigh less than 200lbs, and you run a 4.5 you haven't accomplished SHIT. It doesn't mean you can catch, tackle, read bocks, break tackles, and sure as shit not cover a receiver. It just means that you have a little track potential, and not much at that.

He seems hung up on this idea that only pro football players know how to run as if they're gods or something.

Most of these ball players aren't track stars. The track star type football players are running 4.3's.

beach tribe 03-03-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7464333)
lolololol

you guys keep thinking you were running faster than Big 12 track star Jamaal Charles and I'll keep on laughing my ass off

JC ran a 4.36. So what exactly are you talking about?

When you run SUB 4.5s then you start to become something special. Kids run 4.5+s EVERYDAY in HS.

dirk digler 03-03-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7464333)
lolololol

you guys keep thinking you were running faster than Big 12 track star Jamaal Charles and I'll keep on laughing my ass off

My coach could have been wrong as far as I know. I was small but very quick

Kerberos 03-03-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7464288)
everyone ran a 4.5!

ChiefsPlanet.com everyone!!

I didn't run a 4.5 but I did run a 4.63/4.64

I also went to Juco (Dodge City Community College) out of high school that was a farm school for the Big 8 (now known as the Big 12) same conference as well known Juco CoffeyVille for being Big 8 farm team.

Injuries kept me from going any further than 1 year.

You can doubt everyone on this board but WTF are you to judge anyone?

Just say'n.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03-03-2011 11:18 AM

If everyone who ran a 4.5 on CP ends up being a fat guy with a goatee.... then how the hell am I going to turn out?

LiveSteam 03-03-2011 11:32 AM

The Meat Dragon Charlie Sheen The Meat Dragon Charlie Sheen The Meat Dragon
Charlie Sheen The Meat Dragon Charlie Sheen The Meat Dragon Charlie Sheen

Hammock Parties 03-03-2011 11:42 AM

I'm going to be the only honest person in this thread I guess.

Ran a 6.2 on the local HS track last time I checked. Sister timed me.

I also hit an 80 mph fastball in the batting cages once.

tooge 03-03-2011 11:51 AM

I was on a fishing trip once and was puttering around this bay with the trolling motor. We had eaten a huge fish fry a bit earlier, and I sat down to fish and put in a chew. Well, as often happens when you put in a chew, my bowels thought I must be sitting on the can, cuz I began to hear this horrid gurgleing and rumbling in my gut. I started heading to shore to go take care of business. my buddy was using the trolling motor, and about 500 years from shore I had to ask him "dude, think you can use the big motor?". He obliged, and sped me over to the shore. Unfortunatly, there were women and children near there, so I was gonna have to go find the outhouse. There is was, a solid 100 years away up a slight hill. Now, I dont know about you, but once my sphincter knows it is near, its game over. I didn't have an electronic timer, but my buddy swears he timed me at 9 seconds flat from the boat, up the dock, and into the outhouse. So there's that.

dirk digler 03-03-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClayWhit (Post 7464441)

Growing up baseball was my favorite sport but I absolutely couldn't hit shit.

But what I could do is bunt like a pro. So I played CF, lead off and bunted almost every single time. I played summer league ball until I was 15-16 and lost interest.

DeezNutz 03-03-2011 11:55 AM

Once upon a time, most CP members said they could throw a football 70 yards.

Now we're looking for accuracy about other athletic achievements? Good luck. Regarding a 90 mph fastball: most have never seen one live in the batter's box. And I don't care what you thought you heard from a coach/fellow player in high school.

Most Division II pitchers top out in the upper 80s. Many less than this. Division I starters tend to sit in the low 90s, and there's some damn good pitching at the JUCO level, too.

KC native 03-03-2011 11:56 AM

I ran a legitimate 4.5 (I was 5'8", 145). I ran track and played football so I know my shit was about right because I ran a 10.8 100 meter dash.

tooge 03-03-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClayWhit (Post 7464441)

holy shit. thats reerun slow. you cant teach that

DaneMcCloud 03-03-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerberos (Post 7464374)
I didn't run a 4.5 but I did run a 4.63/4.64

I also went to Juco (Dodge City Community College) out of high school that was a farm school for the Big 8 (now known as the Big 12) same conference as well known Juco CoffeyVille for being Big 8 farm team.

Injuries kept me from going any further than 1 year.

You can doubt everyone on this board but WTF are you to judge anyone?

Just say'n.

I believe you. I had plenty of friends from high school go on to play at Butler, Coffeyville, Fort Hays, Baker, Emporia State, etc.

That was pretty typical of SM school district's more talented players.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03-03-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 7464466)
I ran a legitimate 4.5 (I was 5'8", 145). I ran track and played football so I know my shit was about right because I ran a 10.8 100 meter dash.

Damn. That's final heat of Texas 5A state meet fast.

pr_capone 03-03-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7464260)
4.56 back when i was playing football/school days

And you didn't get drafted?!?!?! BULLSHIT! Anyone that runs a 4.5 immediately has tons of attention on him from scouts, NFL/MLB team owners, and those guys already have cheerleaders waiting to fluff you after your run.

Unless you can post a pic of a cheerleader blowing you with a coach holding a banner with 4.56 sprawled across it I refuse to take you at your word.

Lying sack of shit.

/Hootie