ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Rasslin is CHA CHA LA..LA,LA,LA,LA,LA (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=171830)

Mav 07-15-2013 10:56 PM

Best Raw in YEARS tonight. Great great raw. Now we get to see Vince McMahon flip out about Daniel Bryan hahahahaha.

dirk digler 08-18-2013 07:49 PM

This is one of the greatest matches I have seen in..well forever

Captain Obvious 08-18-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9897808)

THIS

58kcfan89 08-18-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9897808)

Summerslam spoilers be below.

Not sure if this was referencing Brock-Punk or Cena-Bryan, but I thought both of those were awesome matches. Brock-Punk was better from beginning to end but Bryan getting the big win was cool as hell to watch.

I think Orton is pretty much garbage and was pissed when he won MITB but called this exact ending almost a month ago with my friend. Orton becomes a big corporate heel & everyone can get mega behind Bryan while he chases the title and (I'm assuming) Cena takes time off.

Not sure if Punk's taking time off (I doubt it, dude's a freaking workaholic but he seems kinda banged up), but I'm glad Lesnar got the win. I'm a huge Punk mark, but Brock needs some legitimacy and Punk won't be hurt by the loss. You can be the biggest, baddest dude ever (which Lesnar may very well be), but if you're not winning matches, eventually you're going to look like a blowhard. The match was ****ing awesome, too.

Solid show for the most part. RVD-Ambrose should have been on the main card instead of that craptastic divas match, but until they give RVD his own reality show (which I would love), I guess that's too much to ask.

Bray Wyatt could be huge. I know the match itself wasn't much (I don't think it was supposed to be), but I love his character.

Love Sandow, too. Think he needs to be build up a bit more before he cashes in MITB, but I'm a big fan. Rhodes is alright, I don't love him or hate him.

Don't really care about Del Rio or Christian. I'm over both of them TBH. Good workers but I'm just not into either guy.

For the first time in awhile, I'm interested in where they go from here all across the board. I hate Orton, but I think Bryan solidified himself as a legit main eventer tonight, which is totally awesome.

Captain Obvious 08-18-2013 09:39 PM

I'm not sure how Bryan can get more over than he already is.

58kcfan89 08-18-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious (Post 9898056)
I'm not sure how Bryan can get more over than he already is.

Little kids can't root for Cena if he's not there. If he takes time off to fix that elbow, maybe they get in Bryan's corner, too. I dunno.

Just glad to see him be at his best in a big match situation. Hope they keep him in & around the main event long-term. I just don't trust Vince with guys that don't look like bodybuilders, no matter how over they are.

penbrook 08-18-2013 09:58 PM

Best PPV in a long time.

Is this Evolution 2.0 or the Corportation 2.0

58kcfan89 08-18-2013 10:15 PM

Just saw this on YouTube, hadn't seen it posted here. ****ing hilarious.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/13FV1GaA20I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mav 08-18-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 (Post 9898070)
Little kids can't root for Cena if he's not there. If he takes time off to fix that elbow, maybe they get in Bryan's corner, too. I dunno.

Just glad to see him be at his best in a big match situation. Hope they keep him in & around the main event long-term. I just don't trust Vince with guys that don't look like bodybuilders, no matter how over they are.

Shawn Michaels is the greatest of all time. I think he did alright without looking like a body builder.

I get what you are saying, the Rock, HHH, John Cena. They have that physique, but Daniel Bryan is going to have a hell of a run as a champ. hes too over not to.

If you are charismatic then you will be fine. Ric Flair also never had a body builders physique.

Its exciting. John Cena is going to take some time off, he has to get elbow fixed up.

Mav 08-18-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9898108)
Best PPV in a long time.

Is this Evolution 2.0 or the Corportation 2.0

has to be corporation 2.0

58kcfan89 08-18-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9898156)
Shawn Michaels is the greatest of all time. I think he did alright without looking like a body builder.

I get what you are saying, the Rock, HHH, John Cena. They have that physique, but Daniel Bryan is going to have a hell of a run as a champ. hes too over not to.

If you are charismatic then you will be fine. Ric Flair also never had a body builders physique.

Its exciting. John Cena is going to take some time off, he has to get elbow fixed up.

Agree 100%. For every HBK that breaks through, there's 10 Goldbergs, Cenas, Hogans that can't wrestle or promo but Vince & the kids love them because they're built like superstars.

Not saying Bryan can't stay where he's at. He's probably the most over guy on the planet and is one of the best workers as well. But I just have this horrible feeling that he'll end up in the midcard by this time next year, like Vince doesn't trust him to be one of the top guys. Hope to God I'm wrong and that he keeps up the momentum. Tonight was a good start. He's going to get more of the crowd behind him after losing the belt.

Mav 08-18-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 (Post 9898184)
Agree 100%. For every HBK that breaks through, there's 10 Goldbergs, Cenas, Hogans that can't wrestle or promo but Vince & the kids love them because they're built like superstars.

Not saying Bryan can't stay where he's at. He's probably the most over guy on the planet and is one of the best workers as well. But I just have this horrible feeling that he'll end up in the midcard by this time next year, like Vince doesn't trust him to be one of the top guys. Hope to God I'm wrong and that he keeps up the momentum. Tonight was a good start. He's going to get more of the crowd behind him after losing the belt.

Well, now they have their feud set up. With Cena taking time off, this was the way they had to play it. Now Cena isn't first in line for his rematch, can take the time off he needs, and now you have the ultimate HEEL FACE match up with Bryan, and Orton.

Lets be honest. Orton is a damn good heel. He is a terrible face.

This will be good to get us to the rumble.

58kcfan89 08-18-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9898191)
Well, now they have their feud set up. With Cena taking time off, this was the way they had to play it. Now Cena isn't first in line for his rematch, can take the time off he needs, and now you have the ultimate HEEL FACE match up with Bryan, and Orton.

Lets be honest. Orton is a damn good heel. He is a terrible face.

This will be good to get us to the rumble.

Yeah it's an awesome setup. I find Orton horribly boring, whether he's a face or heel, but I'll deal with it since he'll be feuding with Bryan. Not sure if they can go all the way to the Rumble with just Bryan & Orton, but if they add in Trips & the McMahon's, they might be able to pull it off.

I'm curious to see what their plans are for Mania next year. I can't imagine anyone thought Bryan would be this over. Obviously that's a long way off, but I'd like to see Bryan, Punk or basically someone other than Cena get their "Wrestlemania Moment"...

Mav 08-18-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 (Post 9898213)
Yeah it's an awesome setup. I find Orton horribly boring, whether he's a face or heel, but I'll deal with it since he'll be feuding with Bryan. Not sure if they can go all the way to the Rumble with just Bryan & Orton, but if they add in Trips & the McMahon's, they might be able to pull it off.

I'm curious to see what their plans are for Mania next year. I can't imagine anyone thought Bryan would be this over. Obviously that's a long way off, but I'd like to see Bryan, Punk or basically someone other than Cena get their "Wrestlemania Moment"...

I could see Punk being he one to kill off ADR.

They have nothing on that show, and there really is no where for Punk to go on Raw right now.

And yeah, they will have the entire family banging on Bryan. But now that they have Brad Maddox as the GM, and the entire McMahon family backing Randy Orton, I don't know who is going to help Bryan stay afloat.

58kcfan89 08-18-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9898222)
I could see Punk being he one to kill off ADR.

They have nothing on that show, and there really is no where for Punk to go on Raw right now.

And yeah, they will have the entire family banging on Bryan. But now that they have Brad Maddox as the GM, and the entire McMahon family backing Randy Orton, I don't know who is going to help Bryan stay afloat.

I think that's the point, that Bryan won't have anyone backing him. He'll have a bazillion title matches with Randall at the next bazillion PPVs and get screwed every time until either Maddox turns face or someone like Cena (or an Attitude Era guy like Rock, Foley, Austin, etc.) returns to help Bryan. Eventually, DB goes over & gets his big, awesome, long-awaited title reign (one that hopefully includes an incredibly long feud with a heel Punk).

Didn't think of Punk in the WHC chase. You're right that there's nothing really on Raw for him, but... Yuck... I figured RVD would get that spot. The next PPV is in Detroit, and Van Dam's from Michigan. Just a thought. Guess we should know more tomorrow.