ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mellinger: First three months of Dorsey’s Chiefs regime far cry from *****’s (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271830)

BlackHelicopters 04-06-2013 04:35 PM

Dorsey has made good and bad moves IMHO. We shall see. Mellinger=journalist.

tk13 04-06-2013 04:35 PM

On the flipside, I'm sure Kansas City probably seems like Florida to Dorsey after living in northern Wisconsin for 20 years.

RedDread 04-06-2013 04:37 PM

How long did it take for the warning signs to come out regarding Pioli though? There were questionable moves but the inter-office stuff was about two years later wasn't it?

Bowser 04-06-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9561873)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9561910)

BOOOOOO

http://www.gs400.ca/images/thumb_down.gif

tk13 04-06-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedDread (Post 9561933)
How long did it take for the warning signs to come out regarding ***** though? There were questionable moves but the inter-office stuff was about two years later wasn't it?

To be fair, Whitlock wrote his first column saying Pioli's ego was going to railroad the team pretty early on. Not sure if it was before the first game but it was definitely early in Pioli's first year.

007 04-06-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedDread (Post 9561933)
How long did it take for the warning signs to come out regarding ***** though? There were questionable moves but the inter-office stuff was about two years later wasn't it?

As soon as he signed a QB before getting a coach.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 04-06-2013 04:48 PM

***** probably cleared out a bunch of Peterson croonies that needed the boot. He may have saved Dorsey a bit of dirty work there.

DaFace 04-06-2013 05:15 PM

This is just a fluff piece, but it's good to know that Dorsey's not an egomaniac douche at least. I hope he lets the Chiefs be more involved in the community that Pioli ever allowed.

He seems like the kind of guy you could have a beer with. Now it just remains to be seen if he can actually build a team or not.

Bowser 04-06-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9562049)
This is just a fluff piece, but it's good to know that Dorsey's not an egomaniac douche at least. I hope he lets the Chiefs be more involved in the community that ***** ever allowed.

He seems like the kind of guy you could have a beer with. Now it just remains to be seen if he can actually build a team or not.

I don't think anyone could ever make Arrowhead more of an impenetrable fortress than how Pioli did it. That place was on lockdown from day 1, and he loved it like that.

The article does two things -

1) Gives us all a breath of fresh air as to how our team is now run
2) Provides conclusive evidence that the "Patriot Way" starts with Bill Belichick and ends with Tom Brady.

DaWolf 04-06-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9561948)
As soon as he signed a QB before getting a coach.

Yeah, and say what you want about Smith, but that move is all Andy Reid. The good thing I suppose is that the coach got to pick his QB this time rather than being forced one.

It's going to be tougher to evaluate Dorsey than Pioli however, because Reid for all intents and purposes hired the guy and is calling the shots, despite what anyone says. This is Reid's show. Dorsey needs to be able to hold him in check and convince him not to make bad decisions, but unlike Pioli, he's not the overseer...

Mother****erJones 04-06-2013 05:48 PM

He doesn’t spend any time trash-talking his predecessor, for one. This was a favorite pastime of Scott *****’s. Publicly and privately, directly and indirectly, ***** wanted you to know what kind of mess he inherited.

What a POS Pioli was. This was his excuse for his failure.

suzzer99 04-06-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9561920)
This country would literally be better off if everyone who 1) worships Obama and 2) has an obsessive vile hatred of Obama were all put on an island and blown up by North Korea. I really think all of these people are mentally ill. I don't know how you could worship or have an obsessive hatred of another human being so much. Drives me nuts.

That's why we had to ship you idiots off to a different forum in the first place.

It's also what keeps sane people from ever trying to discuss politics in polite company. Which is a recipe for disaster.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-06-2013 06:30 PM

I believe Dorsey is a Genoite.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman 04-06-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 9562164)
Yeah, and say what you want about Smith, but that move is all Andy Reid. The good thing I suppose is that the coach got to pick his QB this time rather than being forced one.

It's going to be tougher to evaluate Dorsey than ***** however, because Reid for all intents and purposes hired the guy and is calling the shots, despite what anyone says. This is Reid's show. Dorsey needs to be able to hold him in check and convince him not to make bad decisions, but unlike *****, he's not the overseer...

Don't care who has the final say.

When it all goes wrong, they'll both be culpable.

FloridaMan88 04-06-2013 08:12 PM

Unfortunately Dorsey has already done one important thing identical to what Fat Scott did when he arrived in KC... trade for a true fan-wet dream-caliber veteran QB to be the Chiefs starting QB.