ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Jets find someone willing to take GM job (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269082)

the Talking Can 01-19-2013 02:42 PM

Jets find someone willing to take GM job

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...anager-sources

Quote:

Coming off a season of disappointment and dysfunction, the New York Jets started the rebuilding process by hiring Seattle Seahawks executive John Idzik as their new general manager....

The Jets set out to hire a GM with roots in scouting and personnel, but they opted for a longtime executive whose background is salary-cap management and contract negotiations. They surely will be criticized because it's an extension of the Mike Tannenbaum model, and he was fired at the end of the season.
Quote:

They expanded the search after meeting with the four candidates on their "A" list. They targeted former Atlanta Falcons director of player personnel Dave Caldwell, whom they reportedly were prepared to offer a $1 million housing allowance, but he spurned the Jets in favor of the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Caldwell, Idzik and Khan were the only candidates called back for second interviews, a source said.

Three candidates, reached by ESPNNewYork.com, described their interviews as unusual because no so-called football people were in the room. It was Hughes, Johnson and team president Neil Glat and Johnson's attorney, Ira Akselrad.

"It was strange, to say the least," said one candidate, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "Let's just say there wasn't a lot of X's and O's talk."
there but for the grace of god go the chiefs...

DaneMcCloud 01-19-2013 02:45 PM

If they wanted a successful competent GM, they should have fired Rex.

Not allowing the new GM To fire was a major mistake. They'll be looking for a new coach next year and probably a GM soon as well.

What a disaster.

milkman 01-19-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9333323)

Not allowing the new GM To fire was a major mistake. They'll be looking for a new coach next year and probably a GM soon as well.

What a disaster.

I think the fact that Johnson is something of a meddler is a problem for potential candidates, as well.

the Talking Can 01-19-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9333323)

What a disaster.

yup

another article speculates that this gm has ties to gruden through tampa...might have been part of the 'appeal' of a plan D GM

BlackHelicopters 01-19-2013 04:27 PM

Hard to believe that organizations exist that are more dysfunctional than the Chiefs.

bevischief 01-19-2013 04:29 PM

Damn I was hoping peeioli found a job.

CaliforniaChief 01-19-2013 04:36 PM

Hey, welcome to New York! Here's your agenda for today:

1. Go get tatted up with your bat shit crazy head coach and make a foot fetish video with his wife.

2. Add talented players to the roster while at the same time cutting $25 million off the cap.

3. Order that color-blindness test for the Sanchize, as you are stuck with him.

4. Answer the phone call from your meddling owner, who wants to know why the toilet paper in the practice facility rolls over the top as opposed from the bottom.

Good luck with that!

ChiefGator 01-19-2013 04:37 PM

I think another issue is the lack of talent on that team and yet the constant bravado that they are somehow going to win the Superbowl.

They need help in alot of places.

Buehler445 01-19-2013 05:52 PM

LOL Spurned for the Jags? That had to sting a bit.

Hootie 01-19-2013 05:55 PM

It was just so baffling last year that after they whiffed on Peyton they decided to give Sanchez a big extension.

I understand they thought that may show a "leap of faith" but GOD that was stupid.

tony77 01-19-2013 06:00 PM

hmmmm....ok

cyborgtable 01-19-2013 06:17 PM

I like him, but god he has a ton of work to do

Hootie 01-19-2013 06:20 PM

their AFC Championship games were a total mirage

I think that was evidence why you don't build your team through free agency...they signed a lot of high price guys and got little production out of it

they missed on Santonio, Plaxico and Braylon who were all big names when they signed them. I guess Santonio was ok.

I guess having shitty Sanchez doesn't help, either.

cyborgtable 01-19-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9333681)
their AFC Championship games were a total mirage

I think that was evidence why you don't build your team through free agency...they signed a lot of high price guys and got little production out of it

they missed on Santonio, Plaxico and Braylon who were all big names when they signed them. I guess Santonio was ok.

I guess having shitty Sanchez doesn't help, either.

Santonio is a joke and I want him gone so bad. I don't care that the receiving core is crap, we are going to have to build through the draft and I don't want him anywhere near a young receiver. Had more drops than Braylon, couldn't stay on the field, got in fights with the O-Line, and wouldn't show up to all the receiver meetings. Hell our passing offense got better when he wasn't there

tk13 01-19-2013 06:28 PM

Funny thing is when they made that move for Holmes everyone thought the Steelers were nuts and the Jets got a steal.