ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D....this fall on ABC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272969)

Valiant 10-01-2014 09:50 AM

I really thought they would bring xena back as a mutant. Weird having her in the photo shots on cast for just one episode. She must being needing money.

Aries Walker 10-01-2014 09:52 AM

They might bring her back as a cyborg, because the writers made such a point to have her arm cut off first. The Army took possession of the wreck; it's not beyond this show to have Talbot replace the body and mechanize her.

Pitt Gorilla 10-27-2014 09:32 AM

Tuesday's episode was awesome.

keg in kc 10-27-2014 07:12 PM

Whole season's been awesome so far.

keg in kc 10-29-2014 03:59 AM

Another good one. They've done a tremendous job this season, especially like how there's been no redemption arc for Ward.

Aries Walker 10-29-2014 09:07 AM

Minor quibble: I wish they had made Scarlotti a little more effective. He's Blacklash in the comics and known for his whip, so I was glad to see the whip-chain come out, but it ended up relatively short, and he got rather predictably beat up by the show's I-always-win character.

Otherwise, it was a really good episode. They're building towards the end of the season really well.

Jamie 11-11-2014 10:24 PM

So the city has got to be Attilan, right?

duncan_idaho 11-11-2014 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11066255)
Another good one. They've done a tremendous job this season, especially like how there's been no redemption arc for Ward.

You might have spoken too soon on that...

Though I think they'll continue to play Ward as a total wild card with his own agenda (and still a total sociopath, of course).

keg in kc 11-12-2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 11105050)
You might have spoken too soon on that...

Though I think they'll continue to play Ward as a total wild card with his own agenda (and still a total sociopath, of course).

Yeah, that's evil ward dropping off "presents". That's not ward working his way back onto the team. Hell, he's about to kidnap his brother.

I wouldn't be against a redemption arc of some kind over the long term, I just didn't want to see one at the beginning of this season. So it's all good for me.

It's a pretty neat and unique circumstance in any case.

Swanman 11-13-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 11104952)
So the city has got to be Attilan, right?

My first thought was the Kree capital on Halla, but Attilan also popped up, given it's a helluva lot closer than Halla. Also, the Inhumans were created by the Kree so that would be a tie-in to the host on Tahiti.

Valiant 11-18-2014 11:36 PM

So skyy's mom was killed by hydra? And skyy taken by shield?

007 11-19-2014 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 11125472)
So skyy's mom was killed by hydra? And skyy taken by shield?

And Skyy's mom had the fountain of youth within her.

unlurking 11-19-2014 06:57 PM

I like Ward as a bad guy. And I like Skyy's father as an anti-hero.

Been a great season so far.

Also, are they setting us up for another infinity gem with whatever us inside the obelisk?

EDIT:
Apparently the Time Gem was at one time protected by Captain America (Agent Carter connection?) before vanishing and has the power to control aging. Maybe that ability was imparted to Skyy's mom and somehow Whitehall got it?

http://marvel.wikia.com/Time_Gem

keg in kc 11-20-2014 01:08 AM

Yeah, I'm not sure how after that last episode there's any possibility of redemption with Ward. Unless it's some deep cover bullshit (emphasis on bullshit) that Coulson somehow set in motion.

Very interesting dynamic to have such a hardcore bad guy as part of the main cast, not really working with them, not really working against them. I like it.

Swanman 11-20-2014 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11127454)
Yeah, I'm not sure how after that last episode there's any possibility of redemption with Ward. Unless it's some deep cover bullshit (emphasis on bullshit) that Coulson somehow set in motion.

Very interesting dynamic to have such a hardcore bad guy as part of the main cast, not really working with them, not really working against them. I like it.

Sky's father is definitely out to murderate Whitehall as viciously as he can for what happened to his wife. That could get interesting.

They definitely threw a lot of hints down of a possible Inhuman connection with Sky. Whitehall (or Rheinhart) talked about blue men coming to earth to destroy it and that very well could have been the Kree that came to create the Inhumans. So far, Sky has not reacted to the Kree blood like Coulson did, which means she may have had it all along.