ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Melissa McCarthy in SPY (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289927)

Baby Lee 01-13-2015 06:23 PM

Melissa McCarthy in SPY

Watched trailer on a whim, ended up laughing way more than I expected.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OWanx-g-F4U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser 01-13-2015 06:27 PM

"Well here it means vagina"

Lol

keg in kc 01-13-2015 06:29 PM

Jude Law and Statham were funny, McCarthy seemed as meh as she always is.

Deberg_1990 01-13-2015 06:32 PM

Here's a legit question

Would McCarthy be as funny if she were skinny?

Why do we love to laugh at fat people?

The Franchise 01-13-2015 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11267801)
Here's a legit question

Because fat people generally have to either be really smart or really funny to be noticed. They hone that craft like a mother****er.

Baby Lee 01-13-2015 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11267801)
Here's a legit question

I don't so much laugh at her physical humor, particularly here 'lookit, I'm fat' physical humor, as I do her angry rants.

Her, chubby nerd character, which she recycles here, is a ripoff of Gervais' sitcom character on 'When the Whistle Blows' inside his 'Extras' show, but I still like it in doses.

http://www.pilkipedia.co.uk/wiki/ima.../250px-Ray.jpg

That said;

Spoiler!

always makes me laugh.

Also, regarding whether she is innately funny. Guesting on SNL suggests so. She's not Walken or Baldwin yet, but she's a solid Goodman or Timberlake

Coochie liquor 01-13-2015 06:44 PM

I wish they would quit making her always look crazy and unkept. I know she's all about that bass....

kcxiv 01-13-2015 09:56 PM

i laughed when she crashed on that scooter! lol well tipped over!

Valiant 01-13-2015 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant (Post 11267802)
Because fat people generally have to either be really smart or really funny to be noticed. They hone that craft like a mother****er.

Jaime pressly says hi. Granted she started off sexy to work towards comedy.

DaneMcCloud 01-13-2015 11:05 PM

Her schtick was old before "The Heat" and Paul Feig keeps making the same movie.

Blech.

Baby Lee 01-13-2015 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11268320)
Her schtick was old before "The Heat" and Paul Feig keeps making the same movie.

Blech.

I need one of those 50/50 pie charts

50% - Fieg is a hack, Apatow is a genius

50% - Apatow is a hack, Feig is a genius

DaneMcCloud 01-14-2015 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11268321)
I need one of those 50/50 pie charts

50% - Fieg is a hack, Apatow is a genius

50% - Apatow is a hack, Feig is a genius

I like Judd's movies, for the most part. I really liked This is 40 because it felt real and tangible, plus, no Seth or Jay or any of those guys. I know it's tough for him to step out of his wheelhouse because that's what's made him so successful, but he needs more movies like 40 for me, personally, to stay interested in his work.

Bridesmaids wasn't at all what I expected. It was not The Hangover with women. It worked because Kristin Wiig was so good as was Chris O'Dowd. But The Heat and Spy, coupled with McCarthy's other recent films like Identity Theft, Tammy and her turn in the Hangover Part III are just so repetitive and predictable.

I just can't see how Feig's Ghostbusters reboot featuring her and other women is going to work. I hope I'm wrong but I can't see it.

Dayze 01-14-2015 11:01 AM

I loved her in The Heat

Liked Identity Theft. Haven't seen Tammy.

Baby Lee 01-14-2015 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11268374)
I like Judd's movies, for the most part. I really liked This is 40 because it felt real and tangible, plus, no Seth or Jay or any of those guys. I know it's tough for him to step out of his wheelhouse because that's what's made him so successful, but he needs more movies like 40 for me, personally, to stay interested in his work.

Bridesmaids wasn't at all what I expected. It was not The Hangover with women. It worked because Kristin Wiig was so good as was Chris O'Dowd. But The Heat and Spy, coupled with McCarthy's other recent films like Identity Theft, Tammy and her turn in the Hangover Part III are just so repetitive and predictable.

I just can't see how Feig's Ghostbusters reboot featuring her and other women is going to work. I hope I'm wrong but I can't see it.

No mention of Melissa in This is 40? Those arguments/rants might be my single favorite bits of all.

"I have extremely high nipples!!"

"**** you Jan and your ****ing bullshit hair. I'm glad your husband died, he probably killed himself."

DaneMcCloud 01-14-2015 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11268775)
No mention of Melissa in This is 40? Those arguments/rants might be my single favorite bits of all.

"I have extremely high nipples!!"

"**** you Jan and your ****ing bullshit hair. I'm glad your husband died, he probably killed himself."

Yeah, that was brutal.

Also, saying **** every other word isn't funny. I think someone forgot to tell Feig and the actors.