ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Here's a coincidence for you. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305720)

Rain Man 02-02-2017 08:02 PM

Here's a coincidence for you.
 
I drove to a place at about 10:30 today and stayed there for about seven hours.

On the way down, I was behind a beat-up truck at a stop light, and I commented about it to my wife (who was in the car). It had an Iowa-related bumper sticker and some other stickers.

Seven hours later, we were driving home. We were sitting at a stop light, and I noticed the truck in front of me. Same vehicle. This is in the middle of metro Denver in a high-traffic area.

The odds of that have to be pretty low.

TimBone 02-02-2017 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12723506)
I drove to a place at about 10:30 today and stayed there for about seven hours.

On the way down, I was behind a beat-up truck at a stop light, and I commented about it to my wife (who was in the car). It had an Iowa-related bumper sticker and some other stickers.

Seven hours later, we were driving home. We were sitting at a stop light, and I noticed the truck in front of me. Same vehicle. This is in the middle of metro Denver in a high-traffic area.

The odds of that have to be pretty low.

Was it an event you were going to and from? Maybe they were at the same event andblive near you. So you saw each other on the way there and the way home.

threebag02 02-02-2017 08:06 PM

Iowanian sighting?

Rain Man 02-02-2017 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 12723510)
Was it an event you were going to and from? Maybe they were at the same event andblive near you. So you saw each other on the way there and the way home.

Nope. I was helping my father in law move, so I was just going to a residence. The truck had an empty bed in the morning and had a whole bunch of stuff in the bed in the evening, with some ladders on top. I didn't even recognize the truck since it had so much stuff on it until I noticed the Iowa-related bumper sticker again. So that guy was doing construction work all day.

TimBone 02-02-2017 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12723518)
Nope. I was helping my father in law move, so I was just going to a residence. The truck had an empty bed in the morning and had a whole bunch of stuff in the bed in the evening, with some ladders on top. I didn't even recognize the truck since it had so much stuff on it until I noticed the Iowa-related bumper sticker again. So that guy was doing construction work all day.

Then that is a cool coincidence.

And he'll never know.

Rain Man 02-02-2017 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 12723520)
Then that is a cool coincidence.

And he'll never know.

Or if he's paranoid, maybe he's totally freaking out now about the BMW that was clearly trailing him today.

threebag02 02-02-2017 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12723518)
Nope. I was helping my father in law move, so I was just going to a residence. The truck had an empty bed in the morning and had a whole bunch of stuff in the bed in the evening, with some ladders on top. I didn't even recognize the truck since it had so much stuff on it until I noticed the Iowa-related bumper sticker again. So that guy was doing construction work all day.

Maybe he bumped the fix-it thread while he was out and about?

Valiant 02-02-2017 08:29 PM

I don't know. We were coming back from south padre, came up on a car in dallas. They ended up in the same neighborhood in the northland.

Psyko Tek 02-02-2017 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12723506)
I drove to a place at about 10:30 today and stayed there for about seven hours.

On the way down, I was behind a beat-up truck at a stop light, and I commented about it to my wife (who was in the car). It had an Iowa-related bumper sticker and some other stickers.

Seven hours later, we were driving home. We were sitting at a stop light, and I noticed the truck in front of me. Same vehicle. This is in the middle of metro Denver in a high-traffic area.

The odds of that have to be pretty low.

Jebus, RAinman, your are targetted, run from your house now

burn your credit cards break all phones, tablets and lap tops
THEY ARE ALMOST THERE
why use black helicopters,,when you have beat up trucks,
dude please run, we will miss you

Baby Lee 02-02-2017 09:26 PM

Plate of shrimp

TribalElder 02-02-2017 09:42 PM

Here's another coincidence

Red rep is bad
Chiefs colors are red

:hmmm:

Pasta Giant Meatball 02-02-2017 09:44 PM

Iowinian was hunting you

TigeRRUppeRRcut 02-02-2017 10:38 PM

Weird. I took you for a Pontiac Aztec type of guy.

Iowanian 02-02-2017 10:48 PM

Just business brainman. Your competition isn't paying me well to learn your secret.

Gadzooks 02-03-2017 01:01 AM

I've had this oddity happen 3 times over the past 10 years:
I see someone walking past me on the street as I enter the subway. Upon arrival, as I exit the subway, I see the same person walking across the street.
I'm sure to be super efficient when it comes to public transit, lining up the entrance of the train to match the exit point of my destination. There's no way they could beat me to the location where I see them the second time. Yet, there they are...


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.