ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft I'm now more sure than ever that Geno's going #1 overall. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271969)

Direckshun 04-10-2013 03:43 PM

I'm now more sure than ever that Geno's going #1 overall.

From the free agency megathread:

Quote:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 28s

The Raiders are signing QB Seneca Wallace after working him out, Tyler Thigpen and perhaps others
The Raiders are signing up so many QBs that it is now virtually impossible they would take Geno Smith, even if he was available at #3 overall.

And they'd be theoretically passing on him for Seneca Wallace, Terrell (sp?) Pryor and maybe even Tyler ****ing Thigpen.

What's far more likely, is what some of us already suspect: they're not passing on him at all.

Like all of the QB-specific movement that immediately pre-dated the Geno visit in KC, I think the worst kept secret behind the closed doors of GM offices across the league is that Geno Smith is officially off the board at #1 overall.

I personally think it is down to the Eagles and the Jaguars. The Eagles want Geno as a developmental guy behind Vick, and the Jags, who are largely believed to like Geno, don't want to get jumped, a la Browns with Trent Richardson last year.

And then there's the least likely option, but one I think is still somehow alive: that the Chiefs actually think Geno fits what they're trying to do, and can be special, and that they will take Geno #1 overall if the compensation they are offered for trading down isn't sexy enough.

I may have my head up my ass, as I so often do. But I think the reasonable assumption to make from here on out that Geno Smith is known league-wide to be the first overall pick. The league almost certainly knows who the players for that pick are. And I'm willing to bet the league almost certainly assumes the Chiefs are not in the running for Geno. There has been absolutely no smoke for that particular fire to be real.

RyFo18 04-10-2013 03:44 PM

Just waiting for this:

Quote:

@JayGlazer Big scoopage...KC has agreed to terms to trade the #1 overall pick.

BlackHelicopters 04-10-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9575377)
Just waiting for this:

Who wants to move up?

RyFo18 04-10-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9575379)
Who wants to move up?

As Direckshun suggested, Eagles/Jaguars.

That was not a real tweet, just saying I'm waiting for that to happen...hoping.

Direckshun 04-10-2013 03:48 PM

My guess is the Eagles want to move up.

The Jags don't, but they don't want to get jumped so they're being dragged into bidding against Philly.

That's a delicate courtship for the Chiefs, by the way. The Eagles need to keep up pressure for that #1 pick. The second they lose interest and bail out of the bidding, the Jags will just shrug and stay at 2.

B14ckmon 04-10-2013 04:06 PM

No one is trading up for Geno. Sorry. Definitely not the Eagles, and absolutely not the Jaguars. We are wanting to trade down not up.

ModSocks 04-10-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9575377)
Just waiting for this:

Keep waiting. It ain't happening.

Why would you think that teams want to trade up when the top of the draft is weak?

No team is envious of the Chiefs right now.

In58men 04-10-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9575444)
Keep waiting. It ain't happening.

Why would you think that teams want to trade up when the top of the draft is weak?

No team is envious of the Chiefs right now.

This.

We are cursed. We finally get a chance at a #1 QB and there isn't one.

Sorter 04-10-2013 04:20 PM

CoMo kinda did it for me, personally.

The Raiders signing Seneca Wallace doesn't mean jack shit whether they draft a QB IMO.

Sorter 04-10-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9575445)
This.

We are cursed. We finally get a chance at a #1 QB and there isn't one.

Wrong

Gravedigger 04-10-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9575421)
No one is trading up for Geno. Sorry. Definitely not the Eagles, and absolutely not the Jaguars. We are wanting to trade down not up.

I forgot how you speak for the Jaguars and their Owner/GM/Coaching Staff. Don't know how I keep forgetting.... oh yeah, you don't know shit about what's going to happen just like the rest of us.

sd4chiefs 04-10-2013 04:22 PM

I wanted to start a Geno thread about no more Geno threads but then I would be starting a Geno thread.

Ming the Merciless 04-10-2013 04:23 PM

omg

007 04-10-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9575449)
I forgot how you speak for the Jaguars and their Owner/GM/Coaching Staff. Don't know how I keep forgetting.... oh yeah, you don't know **** about what's going to happen just like the rest of us.

Whats sad is that whoever is "right" after the draft will be starting threads on how they predicted it. It will be annoying as shit.

penbrook 04-10-2013 04:29 PM

Desean Jackson has spoken to Vick about the possibiloty of Geno coming in.