ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who all will be attending the blackout game? If you are, and you support SOC, READ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266594)

pr_capone 11-13-2012 03:46 PM

Who all will be attending the blackout game? If you are, and you support SOC, READ

Are you going to the game Sunday? Can you spare an hour or so and give us a hand? If so, please reply to this thread or send me a PM!

We are looking for a small number of volunteers (5-10) to help us hand out flyers near the north entrance of the game. The flyer will say FIRE PIOLI in bold lettering in the front, and statistical information about his tenure in KC on the back.

The flyer/sign:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7yebuuqvp...re%20Pioli.pdf

I would 1000X rather this be made of CP'ers but I will go out and hit FB if needed.

gblowfish 11-13-2012 04:06 PM

Better check with KCMO ordinances, and make sure it's legal to do that. Fat Scott will be happy to have you arrested if it's not legal to do that.

Phobia 11-13-2012 04:10 PM

Already checked with Jackson County and as long as they're not getting themselves killed or holding up traffic, it's cool.

teedubya 11-13-2012 04:11 PM

I would have given the coordinates via a text to those willing parties... not sharing WHERE, just yet.

Great idea though. :-)

BourbonMan 11-13-2012 04:19 PM

I will be there..But coming from other direction..Sorry
I will be printing off bunch of my own and try to hand them out to people in my area.

pr_capone 11-13-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 9116150)
I will be there..But coming from other direction..Sorry
I will be printing off bunch of my own and try to hand them out to people in my area.

hold off on printing for a bit if you can, I'm gonna be updating the doc. I'll put it on my drop box ASAP

Hammock Parties 11-13-2012 04:46 PM

The doc will be updated by morning. Do not print it before then.

Dante84 11-13-2012 05:05 PM

If you guys can generate a QR code and put it on the flyer, would be cool. Everyone with a smart phone can scan it and go to SOC on FB and like it

Generate QR Codes: http://www.qurify.com/en/

Mr. Flopnuts 11-13-2012 05:58 PM

Smart move Dante.

KCrockaholic 11-13-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9116251)
If you guys can generate a QR code and put it on the flyer, would be cool. Everyone with a smart phone can scan it and go to SOC on FB and like it

Brilliant.

BourbonMan 11-13-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9116210)
The doc will be updated by morning. Do not print it before then.

Got it..will hold off till then.

Chief Roundup 11-13-2012 06:40 PM

Keep the pressure on guys. I wish I was going to be there.

KCrockaholic 11-13-2012 06:42 PM

We need Cincy to come through as well IMO. A good ole AJ Green beat down should be in order. Also, their midget is actually productive. And he was undrafted. Value.

-King- 11-13-2012 06:43 PM

Too...many...stickies!

Stanley Nickels 11-13-2012 07:09 PM

Phobia, did you get that in writing? Or was it word-of-mouth via a phone call to a Jackson County official? You might want to get it in writing, maybe even apply as a protest so that you're afforded some semblance of constitutional right to assemble. I understand this isn't an "important political protest", but being afforded the same rights as one might allow you guys to stay there unbothered by officials. Just make sure you bring your handkerchiefs in case Fatt Scott's CIA guys come at you with tear gas.

Phobia 11-13-2012 07:19 PM

It was a verbal. That's as far as I'm going with it. If somebody wants to take it further, they're welcome to do so.

DRU 11-14-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9116251)

And if you setup a free account at www.GiveMobiley.org it will give you another QR code which can be used to load a donation app so people can easily donate to the cause. ;)

Hammock Parties 11-14-2012 06:56 AM

Pioli doc updated and ready for distribution. Peruse at your leisure.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub...y9VyvIaW70EkLc

Dave Lane 11-14-2012 07:45 AM

I also have a suggestion. Bring light weight black trash bags to put over empty seats nearby. They would double or triple the effect easily and for pennies.

Just my opinion. If I was going I'd take 50 bags to bag all the empty seats I could find.

007 11-14-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9117788)
I also have a suggestion. Bring light weight black trash bags to put over empty seats nearby. They would double or triple the effect easily and for pennies.

Just my opinion. If I was going I'd take 50 bags to bag all the empty seats I could find.

I think that is a losing battle. the True fans and the stadium security will probably be going around to remove them and possibly remove the people putting them on the seats.

Dave Lane 11-14-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9117799)
I think that is a losing battle. the True fans and the stadium security will probably be going around to remove them and possibly remove the people putting them on the seats.

I could see them removing the bags, but on what basis would they remove the people. You could say you were holding peoples seats or protecting them from the weather. I can't imagine why anyone but Deb would care if you did it to an empty seat.

BourbonMan 11-14-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9117724)
Pioli doc updated and ready for distribution. Peruse at your leisure.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub...y9VyvIaW70EkLc

Are you going to put this in a pdf flyer, like the last time?

Dave Lane 11-14-2012 09:12 AM

And if you only did 4-5 seats I think it would be pretty easy / cost efficient to all but Guru :)

pr_capone 11-14-2012 09:13 AM

Getting removed aside, it will create a false sense of "blackout". They couldn't get enough people to support it so they resorted to creating a blackout by putting trash bags on seats.

Want to avoid any sense of impropriety or falseness about the movement.

pr_capone 11-14-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 9117928)
Are you going to put this in a pdf flyer, like the last time?

I will be. I'm working on it now. I should have it up by noon.

Dave Lane 11-14-2012 09:14 AM

I'd be willing to do it. I'm not going to the game but I'd do it if you can't get enough people that are going to the game to volunteer.

pr_capone 11-14-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9117941)
I'd be willing to do it. I'm not going to the game but I'd do it if you can't get enough people that are going to the game to volunteer.

You are a wonderful man. You have PM.

The Franchise 11-14-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9117788)

This and the candy wrapper idea would bring WAY to much negative attention to the movement. We'd be seen as creating waste and extra work for the people at the stadium.

Dave Lane 11-14-2012 10:29 AM

Well then the appearance will fail. Even if half the people come in black (no chance) it will still look red because of the 15000 empty seats.

Chief_For_Life58 11-14-2012 10:31 AM

absolutely knowone should go to any of the games the rest of the season. dont give this team shit

stevenidol 11-14-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9116134)
Already checked with Jackson County and as long as they're not getting themselves killed or holding up traffic, it's cool.

Subjective law = cops spewing bullshit at the behest of Scott.

God of Thunder 11-14-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9118103)
Well then the appearance will fail. Even if half the people come in black (no chance) it will still look red because of the 15000 empty seats.

going to agree with this.

Mile High Mania 11-14-2012 11:51 AM

Either way, you'll get noticed... if the Sea of Red is half, then it will be noticed.

Chief Roundup 11-14-2012 02:14 PM

Has anyone thought about reaching out to the Bengal fan community through various channels, BB forum and a small radio ad, to see if they will were their black fan attire instead of the orange?

pr_capone 11-14-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9118606)
Has anyone thought about reaching out to the Bengal fan community through various channels, BB forum and a small radio ad, to see if they will were their black fan attire instead of the orange?

Perhaps just me but I'm not willing to enlist the help of the opposing team. Regardless of how much we suck... they are still the enemy.

Chief Roundup 11-14-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9118103)

I do think the bags would be a good idea for empty seats.

Chief Roundup 11-14-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9118608)
Perhaps just me but I'm not willing to enlist the help of the opposing team. Regardless of how much we suck... they are still the enemy.

I can understand that. Just trying to make it as black as we can.

Well I thought the road unis for the Bengals is Black with the Orange and the home unis were Orange with Black.

It would be keeping with their team and help the movement as well.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-14-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9117941)

:clap: I absolutely have to work, so I can't come. If there was any way I could get out of it, I would be there, and go to the expense of driving up, buying a ticket (LOL) and paying for parking. I just can't...

Dante84 11-14-2012 06:11 PM

No QR code on the final flyer?

I really think you would net more "Likes"....

bowener 11-14-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9119170)
No QR code on the final flyer?

I really think you would net more "Likes"....

This is a great idea, and needs to be included IMO.

Not sure how trust worthy this site is, but you can make the QR code whatever color you like... doesn't really matter though.

Dave Lane 11-14-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9118637)
:clap: I absolutely have to work, so I can't come. If there was any way I could get out of it, I would be there, and go to the expense of driving up, buying a ticket (LOL) and paying for parking. I just can't...

I'm driving 3 hours to go hand out brochures for an hour or two, then drive back, because no one else will do it.

Its time for action people. Put your money where your mouth is. Seriously if I can in any way hasten the demise of one Scott Pioli I'm there. **** that guy, **** that regime, get the **** outta here.

Hammock Parties 11-14-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9119820)
I'm driving 3 hours to go hand out brochures for an hour or two, then drive back, because no one else will do it.

****ing awesome.

Your next beer is on me.

Whenever I decide to come out to that shithole stadium again. :mad:

BossChief 11-15-2012 12:29 AM

Im gonna be at the game, but only at the request of a good friend because its a birthday present from his fiancee (he is a Bengals fan)

Unfortunately, Ill be getting to Arrowhead too late to do anything and being the purpose of the trip and that they are paying for everything...I cant really help out.

I do think the idea of passing them out at the offramp is a good idea from a one of the great minds on ChiefsPlanet...:evil:

Chief_For_Life58 11-15-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Its time for action people. Put your money where your mouth is. Seriously if I can in any way hasten the demise of one Scott Pioli I'm there. **** that guy, **** that regime, get the **** outta here.

:wayne:

you sir, are the man

bevischief 11-15-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

I would if I lived closer, I live 10 hours one way and I down a car this week.

King_Chief_Fan 11-15-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9118328)
Either way, you'll get noticed... if the Sea of Red is half, then it will be noticed.

half noticed.....the only true effect is for the stadium to be empty.

how hard is it for people to stay home one game

Dave Lane 11-15-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9120425)

Be better if they wear black

Chief Roundup 11-15-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

There are die hards that will never stay home. There are people that already paid for season tickets or made plans before the season started and will be in attendance because they are already financially invested. Not to mention at this point in the season with a bad record it is expected for the attendance to drop way off.
So the best thing we could do is show up in black like these guys are doing. The black can symbolize many things a blackout, death, so on. And it shows the fans are willing to support the team.

Deberg_1990 11-15-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Of course, in a perfect world that would be ideal...but its not realistic.

Besides, there should be plenty of empty seats for the Carolina and Colts games. Especially if the weather is less than ideal.

BigMeatballDave 11-15-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9120565)
Of course, in a perfect world that would be ideal...but its not realistic.

Besides, there should be plenty of empty seats for the Carolina and Colts games. Especially if the weather is less than ideal.

I think a lot of people would like to see Luck play. I certainly would.

BigMeatballDave 11-15-2012 01:38 PM

I'd do it, but I'm in Florida.

BigMeatballDave 11-15-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

:clap:

okoye35chiefs 11-15-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9121105)

I will be this weekend... Pats vs Colts...

NJChiefsFan 11-15-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

It's not that simple. First off a lot of people buy tickets far in advance. That money is already in the Chiefs pocket long before the movement. Not going certainly is part of the plan here, and lucky for us, the Chiefs are going to naturally make that happen anyway.

Reality is we are probably never going to be powerful enough to just say DON"T GO and actually cut the number down by a large enough amount.

I think the other point is that in the attempt to draw in neutral fans we were not going to just stop going because it would be seen as giving up. Going and speaking out appeals to a lot more people that see it as speaking out and not turning your back on the team.

Dave Lane 11-15-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9121105)

Would be cool to see a real up and coming franchise QB in Arrowhead

Dave Lane 11-15-2012 09:11 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q7vtWB4owdE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dunerdr 11-16-2012 02:52 AM

What time will the flyers be started? My family has season tickets i was just going to skip this game but because its the blackout ive decided to come. I get off work in tulsa oklahoma 3am the morning before. Trying to figure out how to get a blackout shirt and possibly make it in time to help handout flyyers with you guys.

Phobia 11-16-2012 03:16 AM

You should be perfectly fine. PM pr_capone and exchange contact information. SportsNutz is literally 3-4 blocks from where the flier distribution will take place. I can't imagine too much distribution will take place before 10:00 based on observed traffic patterns. These fliers and the distribution point are designed to take advantage of late-comers and traffic congestion.

AussieChiefsFan 11-16-2012 05:55 AM

Any plans for after the blackout? Asking because all time seems to have been spent promoting the blackout.

007 11-16-2012 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9122562)
Any plans for after the blackout? Asking because all time seems to have been spent promoting the blackout.

Most likely more banners. Maybe encouraging STHs to not renew if Pioli is retained.

That is really the only thing left.

stonedstooge 11-16-2012 07:21 AM

Fox 4 News in Kansas City talking about wearing black to the game Sunday

007 11-16-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9122619)

Of course they are. Frank supports the SOC movement.

bevischief 11-16-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9122619)

Sweet.

Dave Lane 11-16-2012 08:43 AM

CAn we put a note on the flyer that says please display on dash?

Would be cool to see a bunch of them on dashboards at the game

pr_capone 11-16-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9122777)
CAn we put a note on the flyer that says please display on dash?

Would be cool to see a bunch of them on dashboards at the game

They are meant to be taken into the game and held up for all to see!

pr_capone 11-16-2012 01:56 PM

No one but Dave Lane who is driving in 3 hours to hand out flyers, not going to the game, then going home can give us a hand? We only need you for about an hour or so.

I'm really surprised TBH.

teedubya 11-16-2012 04:47 PM

I'll definitely hand out some of the flyers with my son.

I think whoever goes and gets some free BBQ at the Guys can cook thing... they should be responsible for handing out 25 flyers...

Plus, as long as we taken them INTO the stadium, we can keep passing them around... and throwing them on the floor all over the inside of the stadium!

BourbonMan 11-16-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9123899)
I'll definitely hand out some of the flyers with my son.

I think whoever goes and gets some free BBQ at the Guys can cook thing... they should be responsible for handing out 25 flyers...

Plus, as long as we taken them INTO the stadium, we can keep passing them around... and throwing them on the floor all over the inside of the stadium!

That's MY plan.

ekf028 11-16-2012 07:45 PM

I'm coming to the game, and frankly I'm sick of the SOC "movement". And I'm not wearing black.

Dayze 11-16-2012 07:47 PM

ok, fine. no black.
But the question is - what color will your skirt be?

Mr. Flopnuts 11-16-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekf028 (Post 9124167)
I'm coming to the game, and frankly I'm sick of the SOC "movement". And I'm not wearing black.

Congratulations. Have a great time at the game. Thanks for sharing.

Bugeater 11-16-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Go ****ing fist yourself while you're at it.

SAUTO 11-16-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Go fist yourself with your mothers hand
Posted via Mobile Device

007 11-16-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

to each his own. We are all supporting the team in our own way.

ArrowheadMagic 11-16-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

You should be more sick of the product you will see on the field. What is wrong with people wanting a competitive team? and no, a couple of games a year arent ok. In the end, all of us fans want the same thing, to cheer our Chiefs on to a championship.

hometeam 11-16-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 9124210)
You should be more sick of the product you will see on the field. What is wrong with people wanting a competitive team? and no, a couple of games a year arent ok. In the end, all of us fans want the same thing, to cheer our Chiefs on to a championship.

http://img3.joyreactor.com/pics/post...nu-343813.jpeg

NJChiefsFan 11-16-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Great. Good luck hoping Cassel turns out afterall.

007 11-16-2012 10:31 PM

The only thing I am a little worried about is all the RED fans making this about them. I hope we don't see a bunch of idiots making this a physical issue just because people chose to wear black.

kcmaxwell 11-16-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9124408)
The only thing I am a little worried about is all the RED fans making this about them. I hope we don't see a bunch of idiots making this a physical issue just because people chose to wear black.

Was thinking about that myself.

teedubya 11-16-2012 11:56 PM

http://i.imgur.com/yPYdy.jpg