ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 1st round QBs vs 2nd round QBs: a 20 year comparison (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270063)

Hammock Parties 02-15-2013 09:21 AM

1st round QBs vs 2nd round QBs: a 20 year comparison
 
1st round QBs.

Out of 52 QBs: 16 Pro Browlers, 20 with winning records, 13 Super Bowl appearances, 7 Super Bowl rings. 17 with at least 100 TD passes.

2nd round QBs

Out of 22 QBs: 3 Pro Bowlers, 8 with winning records, 2 Super Bowl appearances, 1 Super Bowl ring. 2 with at least 100 TD passes.

Note: Five of the "winners" from the second round were Colin Kapernick, Kordell Stewart, Shaun King, Quincy Carter and Todd Collins.

Pasta Giant Meatball 02-15-2013 09:30 AM

So, what you are telling me is drafting a LT number one overall and waiting till the 2nd to take a QB is TOO RISKY!!

penguinz 02-15-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9404962)
So, what you are telling me is drafting a LT number one overall and waiting till the 2nd to take a QB is TOO RISKY!!

With the new rookie payscale drafting a LT #1 is just stupid.

ptlyon 02-15-2013 09:35 AM

This is all a moot point. In 2012 it was decided that the qb was the most important position in football.

Pasta Giant Meatball 02-15-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 9404968)
With the new rookie payscale drafting a LT #1 is just stupid.

Especially when you have a top 10 LT and 2 guys drafted in the first 3 rounds last year that can play the position. Yet it's considered "good value" to piss all of those players away.

Deberg_1990 02-15-2013 09:37 AM

Shaun King was da Truth!

Frosty 02-15-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9404945)
2nd round QBs

Out of 22 QBs: 3 Pro Bowlers, 8 with winning records, 2 Super Bowl appearances, 1 Super Bowl ring. 2 with at least 100 TD passes.

Note: Five of the "winners" from the second round were Colin Kapernick, Kordell Stewart, Shaun King, Quincy Carter and Todd Collins.

Brees pretty much dominated these stats and he would have been a first round pick in today's NFL (pick #32).

Bewbies 02-15-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9404984)
Brees pretty much dominated these stats and he would have been a first round pick in today's NFL (pick #32).

And it should be noted he won the only ring in the 2nd round with a team that didn't draft him...

Dayze 02-15-2013 10:48 AM

and he was the 1st pick in the 2nd, if I recall

ChiefsCountry 02-15-2013 10:49 AM

Its 2009 all over again, expect the stats keep looking better and better for the first round quarterbacks.

Dayze 02-15-2013 10:51 AM

if anything, it just further solidifies the opinion by many that the Chiefs have been colossal pussies the last 43 years.

KC Tattoo 02-15-2013 10:52 AM

Wouldn't be bit surprised to see Cam Newton VS Andrew Luck Super Bowl 2014

Pestilence 02-15-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9405135)
Wouldn't be bit surprised to see Cam Newton VS Andrew Luck Super Bowl 2014

lolwut?

It's going to take at least 2-3 years just for the Panthers to get out of the cap hell that they're in.

MagicHef 02-15-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9405135)
Wouldn't be bit surprised to see Cam Newton VS Andrew Luck Super Bowl 2014

Cam might want to think about having a winning season first.

Or at least .500.

Pasta Giant Meatball 02-15-2013 11:08 AM

I knew Assweiler was destined for failure and this all but confirms it. Better order extra stem cells for the new season.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.