ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

SAUTO 07-28-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9841213)
I don't give a **** how many innings he has pitched. When he has, he has not been better than Davis. Period.

He had a 4.98 era for us.

You are talking out of your ass
Posted via Mobile Device

Raiderhater 07-28-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9841080)
This is simply not true. Before last night's game, Shields and Davies had combined for .3 WAR. Myers was 1 WAR.

So Myers + 2 RLP = better than where we're at now.

Pfft, if you seriously believe that we would be where we are record wise right now with out the the pitching staff we have you are smoking dope.

DeezNutz 07-28-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9841231)
Pfft, if you seriously believe that we would be where we are record wise right now with out the the pitching staff we have you are smoking dope.

Davies and Shields are almost a wash. The numbers don't lie, so I don't need to resort to smoke when I have facts.

MeatRock 07-28-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9841223)
He had a 4.98 era for us.

You are talking out of your ass
Posted via Mobile Device

No you are talking out of your ass. 4.98 era in 7 innings is not good. He has a 6.00 era in 18 innings this year for TB. That's not real good either.

SAUTO 07-28-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9841241)
No you are talking out of your ass. 4.98 era in 7 innings is not good. He has a 6.00 era in 18 innings this year for TB. That's not real good either.

And Davis is better?

Nope worse even after the good game the other night.
Posted via Mobile Device

Raiderhater 07-28-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9841236)
Davies and Shields are almost a wash. The numbers don't lie, so I don't need to resort to smoke when I have facts.

And if not for the trade we run Hoch and Chen out all season. What would those numbers look like?

The numbers do not tell how things WOULD have played out had the trade not been made. Different circumstances often lead to different results. Who is to say that Myers would hit anything playing for the Royals? No one else on the team seems to be able to.

MeatRock 07-28-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9841249)
And Davis is better?

Nope worse even after the good game the other night.
Posted via Mobile Device

Davis was a 1.5 war player last year. Odorizzi is a -0.2 war player so far. This has been a bad year so far for Davis, i will agree, but Davis has had success at this level. Davis also has a better arsenal of pitches.

I would trot Davis out there over Odorizzi any day.

DeezNutz 07-28-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9841283)
And if not for the trade we run Hoch and Chen out all season. What would those numbers look like?

The numbers do not tell how things WOULD have played out had the trade not been made. Different circumstances often lead to different results. Who is to say that Myers would hit anything playing for the Royals? No one else on the team seems to be able to.

We would still have been allowed to participate in FA, and the Shields money could have gone elsewhere. Again, we would need two pitchers to amount to 0 WAR to have been better with Myers from the start of the year and Dayton's son cut, who was a negative WAR player himself.

Myers didn't "develop" in TB. He was ready to go.

SAUTO 07-28-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9841289)
Davis was a 1.5 war player last year. Odorizzi is a -0.2 war player so far. This has been a bad year so far for Davis, i will agree, but Davis has had success at this level. Davis also has a better arsenal of pitches.

I would trot Davis out there over Odorizzi any day.

he was a ****ing reliever last year.

you are talking about using him to start which he hasn't shown he's any better than Odorizzi at this point.
Posted via Mobile Device

MeatRock 07-28-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9841316)
he was a ****ing reliever last year.

you are talking about using him to start which he hasn't shown he's any better than Odorizzi at this point.
Posted via Mobile Device

Odorizzi is a career reliever as well. What's your point?

lewdog 07-28-2013 03:31 PM

Hindsight is 50/50 when reviewing trades brahs!

Raiderhater 07-28-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9841307)
We would still have been allowed to participate in FA, and the Shields money could have gone elsewhere. Again, we would need two pitchers to amount to 0 WAR to have been better with Myers from the start of the year and Dayton's son cut, who was a negative WAR player himself.

Myers didn't "develop" in TB. He was ready to go.

Still no garauntee that Myers does not become affected by the offensive woes that plague this team. And even if not, I still do not believe that he alone on offense would be enough to compliment Santana to keep us hovering around .500 at this point.

SAUTO 07-28-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9841321)
Odorizzi is a career reliever as well. What's your point?

Where? He started for the royals last year. He started three out of four games for the rays this year.

might as well just leave it be now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chris Meck 07-28-2013 03:35 PM

We're still talking about the Royals at the end of July. You can thank the starting pitching for that.

Maybe Myers is a stud, maybe not. If he's in right and Hoch is our staff ace again, we're on pace to lose 90-100 again.

Raiderhater 07-28-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9841333)
Still no garauntee that Myers does not become affected by the offensive woes that plague this team. And even if not, I still do not believe that he alone on offense would be enough to compliment Santana to keep us hovering around .500 at this point.

I would also add that even with Santana, we had no idea that he was going to pitch any where near the level he has. If you're focus is upgrading the pitching staff, he alone at the time was not going to be enough. More needed to be added, and so it was.