ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Geno Smith to Jets fans: "Smurf You" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=286971)

Eleazar 09-29-2014 06:02 AM

Geno Smith to Jets fans: "Smurf You"

Jets QB Geno Smith Drops F-Bomb on Fan After Loss to Lions
By Kyle Newport , Featured Columnist
Sep 28, 2014

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/hzzBwjbXYcQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith didn't have a great game against the Detroit Lions on Sunday, which might explain why he let his emotions get the best of him after the game.

In the Jets' 24-17 loss to the Lions, Smith had 209 passing yards, one touchdown, one interception and two fumbles (lost one).

Smith's performance made the MetLife Stadium crowd want to see a change at quarterback.

SportsCenter ✔ @SportsCenter
Follow
Jets fans at MetLife chanting "We want Vick" after latest New York turnover

The second-year quarterback's day didn't get any better after the game ended. As Smith walked off the field after the loss, a fan continued to let him have it. That led to the 23-year-old doing something that he would immediately regret.

Bwana 09-29-2014 06:06 AM

Gee that's just shocking! Million dollar contract, ten cent head.

Coochie liquor 09-29-2014 06:09 AM

He woulda been much better had Clay not attached himself to him!

Marcellus 09-29-2014 06:09 AM

I just heard an interview with him yesterday morning where he was saying he doesn't care what the fans and media think.

Liar.

chiefzilla1501 09-29-2014 06:44 AM

So far, I think Cp got it right and got it wrong. I wanted to draft geno at 1.1. When his stock plummeted, I felt there was a reason and the stories about his attitude didn't sound good.

What I don't understand is why the geno Smith crowd continues to defend him. If the Chiefs didn't like his attitude, they should have drafted ej Manuel.

DeathByArrows 09-29-2014 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10957079)
I just heard an interview with him yesterday morning where he was saying he doesn't care what the fans and media think.

Liar.

Agreed.

If the question needs to be asked and he gives an answer that he "doesn't care" then it's blatantly obvious that he does. You only get asked that question anyways if you're stinking up the joint, which Geno does on a regular basis.

Direckshun 09-29-2014 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10957103)
So far, I think Cp got it right and got it wrong. I wanted to draft geno at 1.1. When his stock plummeted, I felt there was a reason and the stories about his attitude didn't sound good.

What I don't understand is why the geno Smith crowd continues to defend him. If the Chiefs didn't like his attitude, they should have drafted ej Manuel.

If Geno tanks, we didn't get it right. Period.

I endorsed Geno #1 overall. Combine that with the Clausen cheerleading, CP has serious egg on its face.

However, I think CP would have taken Bridgewater, so we're not all bad.

Eleazar 09-29-2014 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10957117)

I endorsed Geno #1 overall. Combine that with the Clausen cheerleading, CP has serious egg on its face.

CP would take any QB available every year. It's not hard to claim you'd win a raffle by buying every ticket.

tooge 09-29-2014 07:42 AM

Quote:

I'm saving this post for ever. The vitriol that was spewed in the months leading up to that draft, the chiefs not taking Geno Smith at 1.1, and all the hellfire that resulted on this forum was ridiculous. All the posters that said the chiefs need to take a shot, because that is what winning teams do, blah, blah, blah. They were wrong about Sanchez, wrong about Claussen, wrong about EJ Manual, and wrong about Geno Smith. Hell, looks like they were wrong about how great Washington was for putting so much on the line to land a winner like RJ3.

chiefzilla1501 09-29-2014 07:43 AM

Quote:

I am OK with busting on a pick if it's at qb. Gotta take a few swings and will probably miss a few times before you hit a home run.

The problem is, with Clausen and geno, we pretend to know how the interviews and scouting on the mental side goes. Perfect examples of it. We are good at understanding player measurables but we are poorly informed to understand a players football iq, attitude, and character.

kcfanXIII 09-29-2014 07:45 AM

I wanted Smith. I heard about his lack of maturity and thought he was still worth the risk. I was wrong. I've grown fond of Alex Smith. I know he isn't the best QB in the world, but I appreciate the way he takes care of the ball and his leadership. I'm still in favor of drafting a QB early though.

Valiant 09-29-2014 07:48 AM

I think he would of done better elsewhere. New York is a big stage and super shitty fans. They make us look like angels.

He has the talent, needs a proper coach and veteran teammates guiding him.

Still an open book on how he will turn out.

Chromatic 09-29-2014 07:50 AM

I agree with a potential fine, because real football players don't yell at fans when frustrated. They beat their wives, girlfriends, fiances, and blitz their children when they are selfish with video games.

Eleazar 09-29-2014 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 10957142)
I'm saving this post for ever. The vitriol that was spewed in the months leading up to that draft, the chiefs not taking Geno Smith at 1.1, and all the hellfire that resulted on this forum was ridiculous.

Geno is Waterloo for drafturbators. All the years where failed players were pounded into people's heads around here from Vernon Gholston to Casey Clausen to Mark Sanchez came to a head with the slash and burn "Geno at 1.1" garbage.

The league saw what CP refused to see, that he had an underwhelming senior season when he wasn't playing in the Big East anymore, that his attitude is poor, that he doesn't read defenses well, he showed up at the combine acting like a self-important jerk, that he interviewed poorly and was texting during interviews or whatever it meeting it was...

It was a near dictionary-type example of groupthink. Everyone disregarded all red flags about their Geno at 1.1 position. Stereotyped and repressed all dissent. Name calling and labeling of anyone who expressed resevation. Consistent white-knighting of the leaders of the movement in all the Geno threads. etc. The Geno Mafia operated sort of like that kind of an enterprise. Come out against Geno at 1.1 and you're a "true fan" who is going to get the bats.

The league had vaGeno measured out as a second round pick, and it turns out he was overdrafted, even at #39 overall. Even the Jets passed on him with their first two picks.

The war against the truth here, that people in NFL front offices really do know more about football than the drafturbators do, has been lost.

tooge 09-29-2014 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10957164)
Geno is Waterloo for drafturbators. All the years where failed players were pounded into people's heads around here from Vernon Gholston to Casey Clausen to Mark Sanchez came to a head with the slash and burn "Geno at 1.1" garbage.

The league saw what CP refused to see, that he had an underwhelming senior season when he wasn't playing in the Big East anymore, that his attitude is poor, that he doesn't read defenses well, he showed up at the combine acting like a self-important jerk, that he interviewed poorly and was texting during interviews or whatever it meeting it was...

It was a near dictionary-type example of groupthink. Everyone disregarded all red flags about their Geno at 1.1 position. Stereotyped and repressed all dissent. Name calling and labeling of anyone who expressed resevation. Consistent white-knighting of the leaders of the movement in all the Geno threads. etc. The Geno Mafia operated sort of like that kind of an enterprise. Come out against Geno at 1.1 and you're a "true fan" who is going to get the bats.

The league had vaGeno measured out as a second round pick, and it turns out he was overdrafted, even at #39 overall. Even the Jets passed on him with their first two picks.

The war against the truth here, that people in NFL front offices really do know more about football than the drafturbators do, has been lost.

Exactly. Turns out, some of the "true fans" were right I guess. Oh well, there is always next years draft, and the one after, etc., for the white knighting.