ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

irishjayhawk 10-13-2007 11:31 PM

Movies

Yeah, so I saw a lot of movies this weekend.

Elizabeth: The Golden Age - Mediocre, at best. Slow and dragged on. Shorten it to 2 hours and it's golden. It's not, so it fails.

Michael Clayton - Amazing. Everything about it is awesome. However, it's VERY complex and mind bending. You have to think, so be prepared. I still feel like I'm missing key details of exactly what happened. Gotta see it again.

Across the Universe - Perfect is one word that comes to mind. It just works. And, contrary to many people I bet, the movie is best viewed sober. Trust me.

Jenson71 10-14-2007 01:15 AM

I also saw and really liked Michael Clayton. But I have a question...

Spoiler warning:

What did you think about Marty, the head of the law firm? Do you think he was a bad guy - maybe wanted Clayton and Arthur dead? There's no real indication that he is bad. In fact, there's more examples of him liking Clayton, saying how important he is to the firm, loaning him money. But something was said in that final conversation between Clayton and Karen, in which she brought up Marty, and Clayton said something like "Good, I hope you do tell Marty." And you know he was panicked when he discovered Arthur's plans, and couldn't take being sued by U-North. It just makes me wonder. I could be totally wrong, and it doesn't seem to matter to the plot really anyway.

End of spoiler.

Very solid acting, fine cinematography and very intelligent script.

Hammock Parties 10-14-2007 05:47 AM

I saw We Own The Night. It was slightly disappointing, but I enjoyed it. Robert Duvall is great.

Next I want to see Eastern Promises. There isn't anything else good out there right. Elizabeth looked good, but the reviews killed it.

runnercyclist 10-14-2007 07:39 AM

I finally saw Superbad, and it was.

irishjayhawk 10-14-2007 11:07 PM

And I just caught Into the Wild.

Man, what a powerful movie. Should be the movie, so far, to beat for Best Picture. And Emile should be nominated for Best Actor. Hell of a performance.

Frazod 10-14-2007 11:09 PM

I dedicated a thread to it last weekend, but again, as a public service, let me advise anybody that missed it that The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Bob Ford is GOD fuckING AWFUL.

irishjayhawk 10-15-2007 11:35 PM

Just saw two more rentals:

25th Hour - I loved it. Perhaps the movie with the most real characters I've seen.

The Number 23 - Horrible. As I knew. OMG, 5-2 in "25th Hour" is 3. AHHHHH!

Hopefully, I'll report on American Gangster tomorrow.

KcMizzou 10-15-2007 11:41 PM

If you like humor-horror, check out "Black Sheep" :)

Frazod 10-15-2007 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou

The commercial cracked me up. "Come and see the violence.... of the lambs."

That's awesome. LMAO

Miles 10-15-2007 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou

There was a trailer on a dvd I recently rented. Haven't heard anything about it but the preview looked fucking hilarious.

Deberg_1990 10-15-2007 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
I dedicated a thread to it last weekend, but again, as a public service, let me advise anybody that missed it that The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Bob Ford is GOD fuckING AWFUL.

Whats amazing is, i havent seen one bad review for it until yours...

Frazod 10-16-2007 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Whats amazing is, i havent seen one bad review for it until yours...

Keep in mind, those are the same critics who thought The Thin Red Line was good. :Lin:

Simply Red 12-26-2007 09:29 PM

Eastern Promises

was super! Rent it soon.

JBucc 12-26-2007 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red
was super! Rent it soon.

I'm going to download it tonight.

Simply Red 12-26-2007 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
I'm going to download it tonight.