ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Former LAPD officer on rampage in So Cal (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269787)

Dayze 02-07-2013 11:02 AM

it just goes to show that it's not an issue of gun control, assualt weapons, or high capacity magazines.
any walk of life can go on a rampage if they wanted to.

why not be able to protect yourself against them.

bevischief 02-07-2013 11:02 AM

I wonder what meds he was on or stopped taking.

DaKCMan AP 02-07-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9384654)
Did he magically become a different person when he took off his uniform?

I don't know, did he? Unless you can provide further evidence..

Killing rampages while in the Navy and LAPD: No
Killing rampages while ex-Navy and fired from LAPD: Yes

Rausch 02-07-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9384656)
Are you really that stupid?

No, it's just hard for him to type while looking in 3 different mirrors...

DaKCMan AP 02-07-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9384656)
Are you really that stupid?

ROFL

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9384580)
This is exactly why we need gun control. Only people in the military or cops can be trusted to carry guns...oh, wait.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9384588)
Is this guy a cop?

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9384599)
No

kcfanXIII 02-07-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9384623)
typical, ignore that pointing out how using this occurrence doesn't fit his argument doesn't strengthen or weaken his argument....

see, one of the arguments gun grabbers have is that our police and military forces are the only ones that should have guns. this is an example of how a crazy person can still get a badge and carry a gun. its very relevant. sure he is no longer a cop, but at some point in time he was a cop, and my guess is he was just as bat shit crazy then.

DaKCMan AP 02-07-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9384665)
No, it's just hard for him to type while looking in 3 different mirrors...

Hey! Unless you count the reflections in the mirrors I'm only looking into 2. :harumph:

Just Passin' By 02-07-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9384663)
I don't know, did he? Unless you can provide further evidence..

Killing rampages while in the Navy and LAPD: No
Killing rampages while ex-Navy and fired from LAPD: Yes

You're an idiot.

ptlyon 02-07-2013 11:05 AM

:popcorn:

DaKCMan AP 02-07-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 9384668)
see, one of the arguments gun grabbers have is that our police and military forces are the only ones that should have guns. this is an example of how a crazy person can still get a badge and carry a gun. its very relevant. sure he is no longer a cop, but at some point in time he was a cop, and my guess is he was just as bat shit crazy then.

I'm not arguing for or against gun control here. All I'm pointing out is that saying "SEE! THIS IS WHY WE SHOULDN'T ONLY LET COPS CARRY GUNS!!!!!!" doesn't fit here since the guy who went on a rampage isn't a cop.

listopencil 02-07-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9384667)
ROFL

So...is it your belief that he was perfectly fine until he no longer wore a uniform of some kind? Wow, this whole thing could have been avoided if he'd just taken that job at the UPS.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-07-2013 11:09 AM

DaKCMan is pointing out a rather simple to understand logical syllogism. Said syllogism isn't about the merits of gun control, or lack thereof.

Pointing out fallacious reasoning does not mean you automatically oppose the opinions espoused by the person committing the fallacy.

Back to your regularly scheduled hysteria.

DaKCMan AP 02-07-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9384679)
So...is it your belief that he was perfectly fine until he no longer wore a uniform of some kind? Wow, this whole thing could have been avoided if he'd just taken that job at the UPS.

I'm not claiming one way or the other. I'm pointing out that this guy isn't a cop and therefore doesn't support - in either direction - the gun control argument regarding cops & guns.

tooge 02-07-2013 11:11 AM

what the hell is an asymmetrical attack? There is only one of him. It has to be asymmetirical no? Not the brightest cop in the box

listopencil 02-07-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9384685)
I'm not claiming one way or the other. I'm pointing out that this guy isn't a cop and therefore doesn't support - in either direction - the gun control argument regarding cops & guns.

So do you think that most people who go on (apparently psychotic) killing sprees were perfectly sane up until they do so?