ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Movies and TV SceneItAll Tournament: Round 1, Heat 6 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279661)

Rain Man 12-17-2013 08:27 PM

SceneItAll Tournament: Round 1, Heat 6

The rules:

In Round 1, I'm going to show three randomly selected scenes that were nominated in this thread: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...php?p=10272067

You'll vote for your ONE favorite scene among the three. The key here is FAVORITE. We're not talking about the 'best' or 'most powerful' or 'most meaningful'. We're talking about the scene that you most enjoy watching, however you define that.

The winners will move on. I'll also take the 10 highest-scoring second-place scenes and they'll advance as wild cards.

Some of our nominations did not include clips. This will be noted. If you find a clip, please post it in this thread and let me know so I can update it if it moves on.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/22Iv5PBLZ44?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I hope this is the right part of the breakfast scene, but I suspect it is.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3PeyiU3uWJ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VVZHXGD3pDc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man 12-17-2013 08:30 PM

My votes:

#1 - Pulp Fiction breakfast scene. Great, great scene. You can't watch this scene with anything other than rapt attention. The bad mofo wallet and the "shoot him on general principle" statements are great inserts.

#2 - Big Fish final scene. I really like this movie, and the final scene is great. You might have to see the movie to understand it, though. It nails you right in the heart.

#3 - Aladdin. I'm kinda meh on this one. It doesn't do much for me.

mikey23545 12-17-2013 09:00 PM

I burst into sobbing tears every time I watch the ending of Big Fish...

As you said, if you haven't seen the entire movie, that ending probably makes no sense to you.

If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and do so...

Psyko Tek 12-17-2013 09:03 PM

the opening scene of up

WhawhaWhat 12-17-2013 09:19 PM

Big Fish. Loved the movie and the visually striking scenes. The final scene was a hit in the feels.

DJ's left nut 12-18-2013 05:34 PM

Big Fish is going to get curb stomped and that's unfortunate.

If you watch the whole movie, that's an incredible scene. The breakfast scene in pulp fiction is better as a stand-alone clip, but taken in the context of the move it's hard to top the ending of Big Fish.

Rain Man 12-18-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10291661)
Big Fish is going to get curb stomped and that's unfortunate.

If you watch the whole movie, that's an incredible scene. The breakfast scene in pulp fiction is better as a stand-alone clip, but taken in the context of the move it's hard to top the ending of Big Fish.

I would agree. I mentioned this in the nomination thread, but I saw it in the theater and I was really hoping the credits were long so I could get myself together before the lights came up. It affected me more than any other movie I've ever seen.

ThaVirus 12-18-2013 05:47 PM

Aladdin gets my vote.

DJ's left nut 12-18-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10291688)
I would agree. I mentioned this in the nomination thread, but I saw it in the theater and I was really hoping the credits were long so I could get myself together before the lights came up. It affected me more than any other movie I've ever seen.

It's the only movie that's ever made me cry.

KC_Connection 12-18-2013 07:33 PM

Tarantino is dominating these polls.

Dayze 12-18-2013 10:08 PM

the ending of The Notebook kills me.

I've only seen it probably 2 times. It breaks me down hard. JFC.

Rain Man 12-18-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10291899)
Tarantino is dominating these polls.

Yeah, or more precisely, Pulp Fiction is.

It's an odd coincidence that the random draw has put several of that movie's scenes early, but I gotta say, Tarantino produces some very memorable scenes.

Dayze 12-18-2013 11:37 PM

other than Pulp Fiction, I think Tarrantino blows ass

Pulp Friction, however is awesome....or so I hear.

Rain Man 12-18-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10292557)
other than Pulp Fiction, I think Tarrantino blows ass

Pulp Friction, however is awesome....or so I hear.

That's exactly my thinking. Kill Bill is one of the worst movies I've ever seen, and Pulp Fiction is one of the best movies I've ever seen. I've been afraid to watch any of his others since Kill Bill was so bad, but I simultaneously fear that I may be missing out on another Pulp Fiction.

cdcox 12-18-2013 11:57 PM

Jackie Brown is the movie closest to Pulp Fiction. It's different, a little more low key, but very good.