ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Assassin's Creed III (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265885)

Gonzo 10-29-2012 03:09 PM

Assassin's Creed III

Newest installment out tonight at midnight, (or tomorrow). I purchased the first two and didn't really care for them all that much. Graphics were meh and the story didn't flow like I expected. However, the premise of this one, (revolutionary war) seems very interesting to me.
I pre-ordered my copy via Game Stop and plan on trading in my copy of Dishonored, (lamest game ever).

Checked out the "official website" and it seems to be much improved.
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/en-US/index.aspx

Most of the time I'm highly disappointed in games with so much hype, (see afore mentioned game). Hopefully this won't prove to be the case. Anyone else picking up a copy tomorrow?

CoMoChief 10-29-2012 03:10 PM

never got into the first 2.....but this one looks badass.

Bump 10-29-2012 04:10 PM

looks cool but I played about half of the first one and thought it was boring

Frazod 10-29-2012 06:26 PM

I enjoyed the first one, despite it's flaws. Bought the second one when it first came out and didn't care for it at the time. Started playing it again recently because the third one's coming out, and got farther into it, but I crapped out again. There are aspects of it that are really cool, but sadly they just don't outweigh the annoying crap. The last straw was the groups of musicians who'll congregate around the assassin while he's walking through the crowd on a timed mission. Made no sense - I can sneak past guards, but not a bunch of queerbait troubadours?

I won't be playing the third one.

Gonzo 10-29-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9063660)
I enjoyed the first one, despite it's flaws. Bought the second one when it first came out and didn't care for it at the time. Started playing it again recently because the third one's coming out, and got farther into it, but I crapped out again. There are aspects of it that are really cool, but sadly they just don't outweigh the annoying crap. The last straw was the groups of musicians who'll congregate around the assassin while he's walking through the crowd on a timed mission. Made no sense - I can sneak past guards, but not a bunch of queerbait troubadours?

****ing this. That shit was annoying as hell. I can't resist this one. I'll post a review in a couple days.

DaFace 10-29-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9063660)

Throw money at them and they go away.

The first one was a bit obnoxious as they tried to figure out the gameplay side of it. They really seemed to focus on building the engine so that they could use it for the other games. I've loved it since.

Frazod 10-29-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9063938)
Throw money at them and they go away.

The first one was a bit obnoxious as they tried to figure out the gameplay side of it. They really seemed to focus on building the engine so that they could use it for the other games. I've loved it since.

I tried stabbing them. It instantly blew my cover, but felt good. :grr:

But thanks for the tip. I'm back to playing Kingdoms now, but I might give it another shot at some point.

tyler360 10-29-2012 08:54 PM

First one got repetitive but each has gotten better with more variety.

Super excited for this one though. It will be best yet

jd1020 10-29-2012 09:48 PM

Love the AC series, but I like stealthy type games.

It's definitely a change of pace for the people who play cod and only know what running around, feeling invincible, and shooting from the hip is.

Gonzo 10-29-2012 11:08 PM

Figured I'd swing by Game Stop and pick it up since I was up anyway... Big mistake.

100 geeks, standing in two lines outside the store, freezing their asses off. LMAO
Dorks.

ThaVirus 10-29-2012 11:16 PM

So did you wait?

Gonzo 10-30-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9064686)
So did you wait?

Oh he'll no. It's 40 degrees right now. Not worth it at all...
I'll pick it up tomorrow.

SuperChief 10-30-2012 11:45 AM

The first one was neat, albeit repetitive. I got the second one with much anticipation, but it fell WAY short of my expectations. I couldn't even finish it. I do, however, have high hopes for this one. Revolutionary War stuff is awesome.

allen_kcCard 10-30-2012 12:23 PM

Anyone play it yet have any first impressions? I am thinking about grabbing it on the way home from work.

ThaVirus 10-30-2012 07:10 PM

Ordered 1,2 and Brotherhood off Amazon about a week ago. I have a friend that has Revelations and will be getting 3 so I should be able to knock out the whole series here soon..