ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ian Rapoport has some kind of Chiefs news (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270036)

DaneMcCloud 02-14-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9404075)
Yeah but like I said, I don't think it would take anything close to swapping firsts to get Foles. They don't have much leverage at this point.

Well, you swap firsts and additional picks.

I can only assume that since Philly re-signed Vick and signed Dixon, Joeckel would be their #1 guy.

Sorter 02-14-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9404082)
I think Minter would be an ideal fit to play next to DJ in the 34. Skov is great, but thats next year.

I'd like Minter, Mosely, or Skov.

mcaj22 02-14-2013 08:57 PM

Dorsey and Reid are notorious for always trying to pluck later round QBs. They will draft one every year or every other year at least while they are here.

It's like Scooter Pioli with TEs, olineman and really bad CBs. He's missed on those like every draft or every other at least

RealSNR 02-14-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9404063)
im starting to warm up to something like

pick 1 BPA
2nd round QB
+trade for Foles

may the best QB win in camp between them.

In that situation your #1 pick if it's not a QB is going to be Moore or Werner.

I think that's insanely dumb. Neither of THOSE players are worth the #1 overall pick at all either. But this is your hypothetical scenario.

O.city 02-14-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9404080)
if they trade for Foles they are drafting a QB anywhere between the 2nd and 4th to compete with him

they wont just give him the car keys, yea right lol. They maybe stupid, but not that stupid. They will draft and develop a QB every year, its just a matter of what round.

I just don't see them doing that. If you bring in Foles, he's your starter. They might draft a guy late to develop, but likely not early.

Everyone seems to think because the Seahawks did it, it's the norm. It's not.

Hammock Parties 02-14-2013 09:00 PM

Now he says Jockel is better than Albert.

LMAO

NJChiefsFan 02-14-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9404091)
Dorsey and Reid are notorious for always trying to pluck later round QBs. They will draft one every year or every other year at least while they are here.

It's like Scooter ***** with TEs, olineman and really bad CBs. He's missed on those like every draft or every other at least

Reid also drafted a QB with his first pick when he didn't have one. Most of Dorsey and Reid's history of drafting QB's happened while they already had a starter at QB.

mcaj22 02-14-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9404092)
In that situation your #1 pick if it's not a QB is going to be Moore or Werner.

I think that's insanely dumb. Neither of THOSE players are worth the #1 overall pick at all either. But this is your hypothetical scenario.

well it's not my hypothetical scenario, im not making up the Foles rumors.

but if the fact the Foles stuff comes true I would at least like to warm up to a new scenario that involves that entire situation playing out, because why else would they acquire him?

I dont personally want him, but just like anything else you have to predict how it plays out.

Just like you predict what the Chiefs will be like if they draft Geno Smith #1 and Terrance Copper still makes the team.

O.city 02-14-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9404088)
Well, you swap firsts and additional picks.

I can only assume that since Philly re-signed Vick and signed Dixon, Joeckel would be their #1 guy.

Then in that case, I'd probably have to get a pretty good pick in return along with Foles.

Cause with those signings, it seems someone will be cut and it's likely to be Foles.

DaneMcCloud 02-14-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9404083)
Was it dumb when the Packers and Giants sat Eli and Rodgers?

Stop posting, you've turned into BlackBob 2.0

Oh, just shut the **** up.

YES, it was DUMB when the Giants sat Eli and Coughlin later admitted as such. They quickly released Warner as well.

Rodgers was a luxury pick for Green Bay. They had Favre under contract and a good football team that was pretty loaded.

Also, this isn't 2005.

mcaj22 02-14-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9404098)
Reid also drafted a QB with his first pick when he didn't have one. Most of Dorsey and Reid's history of drafting QB's happened while they already had a starter at QB.

that was in response to someone saying if they acquire Foles they arent drafting a mid to later round QB.

DaneMcCloud 02-14-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9404100)
Then in that case, I'd probably have to get a pretty good pick in return along with Foles.

Cause with those signings, it seems someone will be cut and it's likely to be Foles.

I think the most they'd get is a 2014 third rounder but if they could get more in that scenario, more power to them.

-King- 02-14-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9404083)
Was it dumb when the Packers and Giants sat Eli and Rodgers?

Stop posting, you've turned into BlackBob 2.0

LMAO

Hammock Parties 02-14-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9404102)
YES, it was DUMB when the Giants sat Eli

Clearly not. He had a rough rookie season. He wasn't ready.

DaneMcCloud 02-14-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9404109)
LMAO

Laugh it up, King Dumbass.

GoChiiefs is THE original Blackbob.

How many chromosomes are you missing?