ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Peter King: Scouts not impressed with 2013 QB class (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266090)

Great Expectations 11-02-2012 07:53 AM

If Geno and Barkley don't get rave reviews Murray might come out early. I think he is ready, and looks to be the most prototypical QB of the group.

suds79 11-02-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 9076536)
If Geno and Barkley don't get rave reviews Murray might come out early. I think he is ready, and looks to be the most prototypical QB of the group.

He's not that big so prototypical might be a bit of a stretch.

I think Murray, much like Bray, might as well be dead to us. We will have next year either Matt Barkley or Geno Smith with Tyler Wilson having a slight chance.

It'll be one of those 3.

King_Chief_Fan 11-02-2012 08:31 AM

What do scouts know? Jaguars say hi....thanks for the useless Blaine Gabbert

RealSNR 11-02-2012 08:35 AM

Apparently it's a bad year period to pick a player at all according to McShay and Kiper.

Let's just not pick anybody. They might bust.

BlackHelicopters 11-02-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9076662)
What do scouts know? Jaguars say hi....thanks for the useless Blaine Gabbert

And they traded up to get him.

hometeam 11-02-2012 08:42 AM

Why does everyone take these things as true. The real deal is that nobody really knows shit.

Woodchuck 11-02-2012 09:16 AM

King is not the only one saying it. There are alot of people saying it. If you are honest with yourself, you will see what they mean when you watch the tape on these guys. Honestly, right now, I can't see any GM taking one of these guys #1 overall.

Chief_For_Life58 11-02-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9076798)
King is not the only one saying it. There are alot of people saying it. If you are honest with yourself, you will see what they mean when you watch the tape on these guys. Honestly, right now, I can't see any GM taking one of these guys #1 overall.

oh yeah youre sooo right and smart buddy! Matt Cassel & Brady Quinn are soooo much better then the possibilities of Geno Smith and Matt Barkley. Ya lets see what Cassel can do next year. Its a process. Give him time.

**** you

Braincase 11-02-2012 09:29 AM

Even the year we suck the worst, we're freakin' doomed to select the worst first ever.

Chief_For_Life58 11-02-2012 09:31 AM

Whichever one is more accurate come april draft. We take that one. I don't care. Accuracy and field smartness = nfl greatness. I don't care if thats Geno, Barkley, or Wilson. We need to take one of them. All 3 of those guys are better than any qb we have on the roster right now. And anyone who thinks we shouldnt take a qb with our first pick you are not a true chiefs fan so get the **** off this site and go jump off a bridge while stabbing yourself midair with a rusty aids infected butter knife

RealSNR 11-02-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9076837)
Even the year we suck the worst, we're freakin' doomed to select the worst first ever.

Know which years 2013's QB class is better than?

And that's just since the turn of the century.

This is a pretty good class. It is a good year to suck for a QB.

Woodchuck 11-02-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 9076536)

Murray chokes in big games and withers when UGA gets behind. He is a poor leader and we don't want him. I am as much of a UGA fan as I am a Chiefs fan. I have seen every play he has ever made on the field.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9076833)
oh yeah youre sooo right and smart buddy! Matt Cassel & Brady Quinn are soooo much better then the possibilities of Geno Smith and Matt Barkley. Ya lets see what Cassel can do next year. Its a process. Give him time.

**** you

In no way is that what I was saying buddy boy. We have to draft a QB. I would like to move back into the first round and get one. However, taking a QB with the #1 pick this yer seems pretty stupid to me at this point. We should probably take Jarvis Jones or trade back if we can.

ModSocks 11-02-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

I find it hilarious when Message board posters use the term "watch the tape".

What tape? His youtube highlights?

ROFL

RealSNR 11-02-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9076849)
In no way is that what I was saying buddy boy. We have to draft a QB. I would like to move back into the first round and get one. However, taking a QB with the #1 pick this yer seems pretty stupid to me at this point. We should probably take Jarvis Jones or trade back if we can.

HOW ABOUT WE WAIT UNTIL THE 3RD ROUND SO WE CAN TAKE A NICK FOLES OR BRODY CROYLE TYPE OF GUY? HMM?? THEY'RE JUST AS GOOD YEAH???

eazyb81 11-02-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Your comment could have easily been used when discussing Aaron Rodgers heading into the 2005 draft.

The reality is that QB is the hardest position to pick, and the analysts will only say a QB is elite if he fits their prototype mold of big size, rocket arm, amazing accuracy, big winner in college, experience in pro-style offense, multiple years as a starter, etc.

It is a much easier gig to pick apart a player's potential flaws than go out on a limb for a guy.