ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Two MLB Division Tie Breaker Games Today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317806)

Dinny Bossa Nova 10-01-2018 10:44 AM

Two MLB Division Tie Breaker Games Today

Cubs vs Brewers and Dodgers vs Rockies.

Two division ties probably doesn't happen too often, but that's a wild guess on my part (absent of all science).

My second favorite team in all of baseball is whoever is playing the Cubs.

Want to see a good contest in the other one. Don't know anything about either team.

I love post-season baseball, even if my team lost a hundred games and was out of contention months ago. (they did and were}

Looking forward to a two good ballgame warmup for a Denver Broncos ass whoopin' tonight.

Dinny

Dinny Bossa Nova 10-01-2018 12:28 PM

Cubs just tied it up.

Boo.

Dinny

TEX 10-01-2018 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinny Bossa Nova (Post 13777769)
Cubs vs Brewers and Dodgers vs Rockies.

Two division ties probably doesn't happen too often, but that's a wild guess on my part (absent of all science).

My second favorite team in all of baseball is whoever is playing the Cubs.

Want to see a good contest in the other one. Don't know anything about either team.

I love post-season baseball, even if my team lost a hundred games and was out of contention months ago. (they did and were}

Looking forward to a two good ballgame warmup for a Denver Broncos ass whoopin' tonight.

Dinny

Hoping my Astros get back to the WS and meet the Cubs. Would be cool to have the last two WS Champions play for this year's title.

GO STROS!

eDave 10-01-2018 12:30 PM

ESPN has the Cubs. Not advertised.

Dinny Bossa Nova 10-01-2018 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 13778135)
Hoping my Astros get back to the WS and meet the Cubs. Would be cool to have the last two WS Champions play for this year's title.

GO STROS!

They would finally get a chance to beat a Chicago team in the World Series.

Dinny

Dinny Bossa Nova 10-01-2018 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 13778138)
ESPN has the Cubs. Not advertised.

They were as surprised as anyone. Shocked. Stunned.

Very stunned.

Dinny

Why Not? 10-01-2018 12:34 PM

Brewers have the much better bullpen. If they can get a run or two here, it's very likely they win this game.

Dinny Bossa Nova 10-01-2018 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 13778152)
Brewers have the much better bullpen. If they can get a run or two here, it's very likely they win this game.

That would be swell.

Dinny

The Franchise 10-01-2018 12:36 PM

Go Dodgers.

jd1020 10-01-2018 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 13778135)

GO STROS!

Most likely going to be disappointed.

Cubs will be on a stretch of 42 games in 43 days IF they manage to make it past the wildcard round.

The stats say they have one of the best bullpens in the NL but that's ignoring that their closer is now out for the season and their setup man is questionable to pitch again. Jesse Chavez is the only man remaining to be consistently good. Everyone else you either don't ever want to see in a close game or guys like Cichek who have been hit or miss with an emphasis on miss lately.

And I could be mistaken, but their offense doesn't rank top 10 in a single category for the 2nd half of the season.

I have little faith in this team making another deep run.

The Franchise 10-01-2018 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 13778167)
Most likely going to be disappointed.

Cubs will be on a stretch of 42 games in 43 days IF they manage to make it past the wildcard round.

The stats say they have one of the best bullpens in the NL but that's ignoring that their closer is now out for the season and their setup man is questionable to pitch again. Jesse Chavez is the only man remaining to be consistently good. Everyone else you either don't ever want to see in a close game or guys like Cichek who have been hit or miss with an emphasis on miss lately.

And I could be mistaken, but their offense doesn't rank top 10 in a single category for the 2nd half of the season.

I have little faith in this team making another deep run.

Don't feel so bad. The Dodgers aren't winning shit either.

Dinny Bossa Nova 10-01-2018 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13778159)
Go Dodgers.

This is what I'm thinking as well, Pest.

The Rockies may be a fine bunch of guys, but it goes against my natural born inability to root for any sports team from Denver.

Dinny

kcxiv 10-01-2018 12:55 PM

ESPN couldnt be happier today, 2 163 games for Division titles and Monday Night Football! Just worked out perfect for them. The world can see Walker Buehler. Kids been really good all year. Hope he continues today!

Go Dodgers!

WhawhaWhat 10-01-2018 12:55 PM

Karl Ravech is making this game unbearable to watch.

Dinny Bossa Nova 10-01-2018 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 13778198)
Karl Ravech is making this game unbearable to watch.

They all sound like a bunch of dinks.

Dinny