ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271595)

Pablo 04-10-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9575585)
I can give you the low down. Big guy, mediocre at everything. Not terrible, not great. He was the primary big for Memphis the last couple of years. He was the preseason POY in CUSA, but clearly didn't live up to that. He tends to get in foul trouble, doesn't rebound like you'd expect from a guy that big (5 boards/game) and is just ok in the post defensively. Offensively, he's not without some ability to score around the basket, but he doesn't shoot outside of 4 feet and he's an awful FT shooter.

He was voted team captain, yet, surprisingly missed a game or two early in the season with some type of attitude issue. Word was he was thinking of quitting/transferring at that point, but came back. From that point forward, he was first big off the bench (instead of starting) behind Shaq Goodwin, but still played 25 or so minutes a game.

By all accounts he's a good guy. He's bright (graduated in 3 years) and he won't hurt the team that gets him. Just don't expect too much.

Thanks!

Bill Self is great at getting the best out of bigs; but that's over the course of multiple years. We shall see.

KevB 04-10-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9575596)
Thanks!

Bill Self is great at getting the best out of bigs; but that's over the course of multiple years. We shall see.

He's worth taking on for most schools with an open scholly. Good enough dude, average player, and a big guy. You only use 1 year of scholly, and you're back on the recruiting trail with that scholarship available next season. You certainly won't find a JUCO kid any better, and those guys you'd consume two years of a scholarship.

Ceej 04-10-2013 06:04 PM

The more big bodies, the better IMO.

Especially using a scholarship for one year on him.

Chiefs Pantalones 04-10-2013 06:58 PM

Matt Scott of The Shiver is saying that he heard from 3 different sources that Andrew Wiggins is leaning towards KU.

Don't do it.

Ceej 04-10-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9575901)
Matt Scott of The Shiver is saying that he heard from 3 different sources that Andrew Wiggins is leaning towards KU.

Don't do it.

Oh Jesus....

ArrowheadHawk 04-10-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Don't do it.

Sounds just like Randle. Get hyped to get the kid and then he goes with PayPal Cal.

Chief_For_Life58 04-10-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Don't do it.

I wont believe anything until he commits. however it did sound like he had the most fun at ku

Chiefs Pantalones 04-10-2013 07:43 PM

FWIW, Wiggins recently started following Tharpe on twitter.

Get hope. lol

Having said that, Wiggins is pretty much following the whole UK class. Tharpe is recent though.

Imon Yourside 04-11-2013 11:01 PM

Man I'm excited for next year...I give thee Brannen Greene! :D wowzaz!

Kid looks like Reggie Roby to me for some reason...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dv0EY67rORo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Even without Wiggins this could be our best class ever...

Chiefs Pantalones 04-11-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9579683)

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dv0EY67rORo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lots of amazing young talent. Our non-con next year is gonna be a bitch too so they'll grow up fast. The Big 12 is supposed to be super weak again next year (likely worse than this year) so the non-con will help in conference play at least.

KC_Connection 04-12-2013 03:29 AM

Quote:

Don't do it.

Not this shit again. Leaning? Let me know when he makes a decision.

Silock 04-12-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9579852)

No doubt. He's going UK unless proven otherwise.

Lzen 04-12-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9579852)

This.

Lzen 04-12-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9579683)

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dv0EY67rORo?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

This guy looks like a great scorer. Smooth but not a great driver. But he can definitely shoot it well. I did only noticed 1 pass out of that bunch of highlight plays. He will have to learn to share the rock.

Mr. Laz 04-12-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9575956)
Sounds just like Randle. Get hyped to get the kid and then he goes with PayPal Cal.

^