ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012-2013 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265263)

RockChalk 10-18-2012 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9027149)
I just don't understand your disdain for Josh. It's abundantly clear that KU doesn't get the rules if he doesn't do what he did. And no, it's not the best thing ever, but it wasn't ever intended to be a documentary. Swade was just using the filming as an excuse to fly all over the country to get this done. It was only afterward that all the footage was edited into a documentary.

I mentioned it above in one of my rants/posts about the subject. He's one of those 1-percenter fans that typically annoys everyone around them. He's a homer to the "nth" degree. Every fanbase has them and they just annoy me. And still, having watched it again last night to see if I feel any differently, my opinion remains the same. Sure you can argue that he got the ball rolling, but to me, that's where it ends.

Anyways, no reason to argue over it further. I have my points. You have yours. The bottom line is that it was a great 1 hour advertisement for the University of Kansas, so we can all be happy about that. And having those rules in AFH was a must, which that group of individuals made happen.

Ceej 10-19-2012 08:14 PM

Crazy to think the season is close to starting.

Thank God.

CoMoChief 10-19-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9031580)
Crazy to think the season is close to starting.

Thank God.

It's really the only thing that counter acts all of the FAIL that is Kansas City sports for most of the calendar year.

Ceej 10-19-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9031604)
It's really the only thing that counter acts all of the FAIL that is Kansas City sports for most of the calendar year.

Yeah. Can you imagine the suicide rate in NE Kansas if all three teams were terrible?

I know I would no longer be living.

HolyHandgernade 10-23-2012 10:52 AM

Don't get your hopes up too much, but Wiggins has reportedly indicated that if he reclassifies to the 2013 class, UK is NOT the school he will attend and that he is interested in hearing from UNC and KU. Dooley going to meet him this Thursday.

For those who don't follow the recruiting game, Wiggins is the number one recruit regardless of class and the most coveted since LeBron and KG.

Saulbadguy 10-23-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 9042538)
Don't get your hopes up too much, but Wiggins has reportedly indicated that if he reclassifies to the 2013 class, UK is NOT the school he will attend and that he is interested in hearing from UNC and KU. Dooley going to meet him this Thursday.

For those who don't follow the recruiting game, Wiggins is the number one recruit regardless of class and the most coveted since LeBron and KG.

Coach Cal must not want him then.

Imon Yourside 10-23-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9042560)
Coach Cal must not want him then.

He wants to be the Biggest fish.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DNi4iOu9NCU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some have said maybe the best High Schooler since Lebron.

BWillie 10-23-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

No chance he comes to KU. Hope Im wrong

RealSNR 10-23-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

It's about time KU got one of those recruits. One of these days in one of the tournaments I want to beat Cal at his own game. "Oh, your team of one-and-dones looks pretty good? Well, my team with the best one-and-done player in YEARS is better"

WV 10-23-2012 04:23 PM

Not sure where to post this, so I'll choose here.

Obviously I (and a lot of others) had lofty expectations for WVU football, so how do you think WVU will fare in Big 12 Basketball? One could argue that the Big East is one of the best BBall conferences in the country, so I think WVU will do okay. What do you guys think?

Pablo 10-23-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9043571)

Obviously I (and a lot of others) had lofty expectations for WVU football, so how do you think WVU will fare in Big 12 Basketball? One could argue that the Big East is one of the best BBall conferences in the country, so I think WVU will do okay. What do you guys think?

I'd expect them to end up about where the preseason rankings put them. They should be a 20 win team; and they may be able to slow some teams down if they play plodding, fouling with 3 minutes left Big East ball. I don't expect them to be plus .500 against KU, Baylor, and Okie State.

But Huggins can recruit, and they have a pretty good tradition so I expect them to be a solid addition to the league.

SAUTO 10-23-2012 04:48 PM

Josh must have ****ed rock chalk's momma
Posted via Mobile Device

RockChalk 10-23-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9043621)
Josh must have ****ed rock chalk's momma
Posted via Mobile Device

LOL. The SOB hit on her!

Ceej 10-23-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9043571)

Do you guys still have that IranianArmenianCzechoslovakian ball player?

Watching him play makes me laugh.

cmh6476 10-23-2012 07:08 PM

I'm starting a fund to purchase the original napkin the students and professor on the train wrote "rah rah jayhawk" that led to the rock chalk chant.

anyone else got $5 on it?