ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games NBA 2K13 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264348)

Imon Yourside 09-28-2012 12:20 AM

NBA 2K13

Looks pretty sweet...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xUPOmXAkhFM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dayze 09-28-2012 11:16 AM

that looks awesome. I'm not a BB guy, but I bought 2k11 and loved it. Played the hell out of it. I'm picking this up for winter/spring game.

Imon Yourside 09-28-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8956704)
that looks awesome. I'm not a BB guy, but I bought 2k11 and loved it. Played the hell out of it. I'm picking this up for winter/spring game.

I much prefer college BB, but the 2k sports games are great, will definitely pick this up at some point.

Bewbies 09-28-2012 01:23 PM

I borrowed my nephews NBA2k11 and never gave it back. In fact, it's so good I don't play football anymore...

Dayze 09-28-2012 02:03 PM

2K games are incredible, IMO.

SnakeXJones 09-29-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8957133)
2K games are incredible, IMO.

MLB series is horrible other then that i agree

Demonpenz 09-29-2012 11:33 AM

damn basketball and hip hop. Match Made in heaven...(If the heaven was troost)

Bump 09-29-2012 12:00 PM

I just cannot get into NBA games. I really really miss 2K's college hoops man.

Dayze 09-29-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnakeXJones (Post 8958561)
MLB series is horrible other then that i agree

Agree. The Show is great

Titty Meat 09-29-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8958649)
I just cannot get into NBA games. I really really miss 2K's college hoops man.

2k's college hoops were great.

I'll be buying 2k13. 2k12 was meh 2k11 was one of the best sports games ever.

lcarus 09-29-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 8959418)
2k's college hoops were great.

I'll be buying 2k13. 2k12 was meh 2k11 was one of the best sports games ever.

I felt 2K12 was the best sports game I ever played. I wasn't as fond of 11

The Bad Guy 09-29-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8959573)
I felt 2K12 was the best sports game I ever played. I wasn't as fond of 11

Same here.

DBOSHO 09-29-2012 09:37 PM

I dont like the look of the new demo. Ill wait till the price drops this year.

WhiteWhale 09-29-2012 10:03 PM

Not seeing a huge difference. 2k12 is one of the best sports games ever. I have a guy in his 6th season in career mode (key games) and there's no way I'm starting that shit over unless this game is a huge upgrade. 2k12 is too good.

Dayze 10-03-2012 01:25 PM

bump. anoyone have it? i 'think' it was out yestrday?

royr17 10-03-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8973672)
bump. anoyone have it? i 'think' it was out yestrday?

i picked it up at 12 am yesterday. its pretty awesome, way better than 2k12. dunks and blocks are ferocious. recommend it for everybody.

Hays 10-03-2012 02:08 PM

I have it but haven't played yet. Plan to play a game Friday.

Dayze 10-03-2012 02:23 PM

dang it...I was just getting into my 3rd dynasty season on NCAA. .....now I might need to switch lol

Bump 10-03-2012 02:44 PM

how is the online play? That's probably all I'd be interested in for this game. Is it all super cheesy? Is there an opponent rating system? if someone disconnects or quits the game, what happens?

Dayze 10-03-2012 02:54 PM

is the demo still out there oin PSStore?

royr17 10-04-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8974023)
is the demo still out there oin PSStore?

yes i believe so. also if you ever lose internet connection you will not be able to play this game because it lags like its freezing, its the craziest thing i ever witnessed, due to my internet connection being down last night i couldnt play 2k13 cause it was trying to freeze, it was basically as slow as a turtle crossing the road. but its a pretty good game.

lcarus 10-10-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8959900)
Not seeing a huge difference. 2k12 is one of the best sports games ever. I have a guy in his 6th season in career mode (key games) and there's no way I'm starting that shit over unless this game is a huge upgrade. 2k12 is too good.

Yeah I'm playing 2K13 on PC right now. It's great, but it's hardly any different than 12 at all really. The only difference I can tell is they changed the controls. Now you have to hold L2 down to shoot with the right stick. Which is cool because now the right stick is strictly for dribbling moves unless you hold L2. I guess that's ok. I also like how I didn't have to re-unlock all the classic teams. They're just there right off the bat.

A suggestion for anyone as interested in offline franchise mode as I am - customize your league. Replace every team with their classic counterpart. For instance, you can play as the 94/95 Orlando Magic, and replace the other current teams with their classic teams. There's a few teams that don't have a classic team, like Toronto and OKC, but you can replace Toronto with the Seattle Supersonics. You can play OKC vs Seattle lol. It's just very cool. You can have a "retro" franchise like that, and still have another franchise with all the current teams if you want. No trouble having 2 franchises.

The Bad Guy 10-10-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8973979)
how is the online play? That's probably all I'd be interested in for this game. Is it all super cheesy? Is there an opponent rating system? if someone disconnects or quits the game, what happens?

Online play is great. You earn points and a rating when you win.

You disconnect, you get a loss.

Dayze 10-12-2012 11:40 AM

I played a bit of the demo the other night. looks cool. THough in 2k11, I bascially only played the my player mode; which has a different camera angle. I'm sure you can change the regular gameplay camera angle in the full version though.

I'm probably picking this up tomorrow.

Dayze 11-17-2012 09:59 AM

bump.
anyone played this a bit now? what do you think?

I really enjoyed the My Player mode (or whatever it's called) in 2k11. Anyone experimented with that?

WhitiE 11-17-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9124773)
bump.
anyone played this a bit now? what do you think?

I really enjoyed the My Player mode (or whatever it's called) in 2k11. Anyone experimented with that?

Got drafted #5 to the kings as a PG. I like this a lot more than 2k11

Dayze 11-18-2012 03:25 PM

Thx

hometeam 11-19-2012 11:39 PM

Been playing alot of the Myplayer (superstar) mode on PC. Put up 52/10/11 last night against the spurs in maybe my 30th game.

Mr. Arrowhead 12-27-2012 11:06 AM

Just got this game, anybody have a good set of slider thats realistic?

Dayze 12-27-2012 11:08 AM

dude I sucked bad in My Player in 2K11. lol.
I think mostly becuase I have no idea about basket ball. I was getting a little better towards the end though.
I'm probably picking up 2k13 here in a week or two.

okcchief 12-28-2012 10:16 AM

I just picked this up. Do they not have the legends challenges like the previous versions or am I missing it on the menus? No biggie either way, but I kind of like to get used to controls playing those.

hometeam 12-28-2012 06:52 PM

not sure but I know the PC version is missing some things. Still an awesome game, especially since the stadium feel mod came out with the kickass crowads and HD graphics for PC. im still playing a couple games a week of this.

Dayze 01-22-2013 12:39 PM

OK

I've been playing this for about 3 weeks now as My PLayer; I'm just aout through my 1st season.

But......I see in the swipe screens when transitioning between loads that I have like 4K VC points, but when I play with my PLayer, I only have about 100 to spend.
It's taking FOREVER to play well enough to get any significant points. I'm only averaging like 4pts a game as a SF. Granted, I don't know a ton about basketball, but JFC.
Is there a way to practice and earn VC? I read somewhere that VC is for online, and SP is for offline....

Any suggestions? I rarely get passed the ball; and when I do and take an open shot from mid-range, I miss and get dinged on my teammate grade. Overall the My Player is getting increasingly frustrating - so I'm sure I'm not doing something right in terms of getting better etc.

And doing the drills etc, only net me about 30SP a pop. I'm not looking to dominate by any means, but shit....2-4pts a game is a bit unrealistic I would think. I'm a starter too lol.

Mugalug 01-22-2013 01:34 PM

Dayze you might want to just try setting some screens and cutting to the basket/3 pt line off of that screen. Every screen you set will boost your grade, and usually there are some easy buckets to be had if you pick/roll/fade of the screen correctly. Also, if you want the ball on offense after an opposing basket, try calling an entry pass play. Your teammates should run down the floor and you can just hang out for the inbound pass.

Finally, play some blacktop online for some easy cash. 150/game and the games are quick with no timeouts and such. Win or lose, doesn't matter 150 bucks. Your online cash should transfer to my player. This way, you can build your player without any real "time" passing.

Let me know if you need more pointers. Hope this helps.

My ps account is ShadowMouse007 if you want to ball sometime. We can chat during a game or somethin for some tips.

Titty Meat 01-22-2013 01:45 PM

Is 13 better than last years?

Dayze 01-22-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9341695)
Is 13 better than last years?

I had 2K11 but not last years; I think it's pretty good.
though, I've only really messed around with the My Player mode.

Press conferences are the same, or so it seems. There are some new modes too.

I must be doing something incredibly wrong in terms of settings/sliders or something. I suck bad lol. at this rate it would take me 5 seaons to be any decent.

There has to be another way to earn VC or SP. I think VC in online (from what I can gather), and SP is offline. So, I 'might' do another My Player online; but don't want to play with other people if possible.

Demonpenz 01-22-2013 04:55 PM

Box out and set screens. Don't go for rebounds. Get those points up

Dayze 01-22-2013 06:34 PM

Thanks guys.

hometeam 01-22-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9341431)
OK

I've been playing this for about 3 weeks now as My PLayer; I'm just aout through my 1st season.

But......I see in the swipe screens when transitioning between loads that I have like 4K VC points, but when I play with my PLayer, I only have about 100 to spend.
It's taking FOREVER to play well enough to get any significant points. I'm only averaging like 4pts a game as a SF. Granted, I don't know a ton about basketball, but JFC.
Is there a way to practice and earn VC? I read somewhere that VC is for online, and SP is for offline....

Any suggestions? I rarely get passed the ball; and when I do and take an open shot from mid-range, I miss and get dinged on my teammate grade. Overall the My Player is getting increasingly frustrating - so I'm sure I'm not doing something right in terms of getting better etc.

And doing the drills etc, only net me about 30SP a pop. I'm not looking to dominate by any means, but shit....2-4pts a game is a bit unrealistic I would think. I'm a starter too lol.

The points it shows on the loading screens is total points earned over your career.

Still in my rookie season but getting close to playoff time.. leading the league in PPG and stealsPG. I flat dominate scoringwise, and tend to run up the score into the 140s on a good night. Still manage to lose a game every once in a while though.. thinking im running 31-11 right now, with about 8 of those losses coming in my first 12 or so games, when i was figuring out how in the hell to play.

Dayze 01-22-2013 07:19 PM

Jesus! Lol. I seriously need to bump up my shooting attributes. My guy sucks. I might even start over and pay more attention. Last time I tries to spread out my initial coins over all the attributes. Probably should focus on two or three initially.

I seriously can't ****ing shoot worth a shit. Lol

hometeam 01-22-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9342609)
Jesus! Lol. I seriously need to bump up my shooting attributes. My guy sucks. I might even start over and pay more attention. Last time I tries to spread out my initial coins over all the attributes. Probably should focus on two or three initially.

I seriously can't ****ing shoot worth a shit. Lol

Most of it is yourself. Most of whether your shot goes in or not depends on where the defenders are in relation to your shot, and when you let go of the button. I did an athletic point guard, so had quite a bit of shooting to start with.. I'm in the 80's in close and mid, with 70 3 pointers. Even with 70 3, i ha da game where I kept fast breaking away and getting 3 pointers, 8 in a row, and ended up 11/13, all Because no defender was near enough and I released at the correct point.

Fishpicker 01-22-2013 11:52 PM

playing historic teams is fun. I'm finally getting the hang of playing the inside out game with the 93-94 Rockets. I beat the 92-93 Hornets 83 to 80 (7 minute quarters) Hakeem ended up with 22 points 8 bounders 5 assists 3 blocks 2 steals. I ended up with 6 players that had at least one 3 pointer. Kenny smith had 10 points and 9 assists.

To me, that is a lot easier than doing triple threat + isomotion + step back + leaner

is there a way that i can create a 94-95 Rockets team and still keep the 93-94 rockets roster as it is and keep the 91-92 Blazers team as is?

Dayze 01-23-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9342845)
Most of it is yourself. Most of whether your shot goes in or not depends on where the defenders are in relation to your shot, and when you let go of the button. I did an athletic point guard, so had quite a bit of shooting to start with.. I'm in the 80's in close and mid, with 70 3 pointers. Even with 70 3, i ha da game where I kept fast breaking away and getting 3 pointers, 8 in a row, and ended up 11/13, all Because no defender was near enough and I released at the correct point.

good point. I was definitely noticing that last night.

what I did last night, was play quite a few rounds of black top. Most of the games I was able to get abotu 150 in VC per game; and I completed all my drills that I could, getting probably another 200-ish. at that point I went into my game and tried my but off for a good performance. I managed a B, and because it was a key matchup, I got double VC

From there, I upped my attributes. Long story short, I was able to finally get my mid-range up to about 80 and my short to about 78. I'm working on getting VC to help with my shot in traffic and post moves.

But there was DEFINITELY a differnce once I bumped those up. One game I had 16 ponits.............so I was jazzed considering up to that point I was getting like 2 lol

I turned on the shot monitor thingy to see if I'm releasing early/late; and also turned on the play display thing where the play shows up and tells you where to go 0....rather than running around like an idiot lol.

I'm looking forward to getting some more VC for my attributes. The game isn't nearly as frustring when you're able to make a few shots. lol

hometeam 01-23-2013 07:57 PM

I have a pretty high shot in traffic and shoot off dribble as well, definitely bumped me up. I also use Posterizer and the trait that lets you finish contact dunks and layups.

As for the shot monitor that really helped me, and the play shown thing I have no idea and haven't used, I just run down and try to get open.

KCSportsZone86 01-24-2013 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8959670)
Same here.

Me 3!

Rambozo 01-24-2013 10:12 AM

I got my seven year old son this game for Christmas for PS3. He loves it and I have fun playing it with him. Fo the life of me I can't figure out how to dunk. How do you dunk?

Dayze 01-24-2013 10:22 AM

should be able to hold right trigger when you're in the lane-ish and hit Square.

if you're playing on My Player, y our Dunk attribute has to be higher - depending on where it started out. currently my guy can't dunk for shit, if at all.

Rambozo 01-24-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9347184)
should be able to hold right trigger when you're in the lane-ish and hit Square.

if you're playing on My Player, y our Dunk attribute has to be higher - depending on where it started out. currently my guy can't dunk for shit, if at all.

Thank you! I will try this tonight.

Dayze 01-24-2013 10:26 AM

RT or whichever is your sprint buttong. I'm pretty sure it's RT.
I think you also need to hold the Square instead of tapping it.

play some BlackTop mode 1v1 and try it; basically it's a mode that plays to 21 (one basket 1 point).
Plus, you'll get VC for 90% of black top games; like 150 I believe. which will help you bump up your attributes (if you play My Player) etc.

Rambozo 01-24-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9347204)
RT or whichever is your sprint buttong. I'm pretty sure it's RT.
I think you also need to hold the Square instead of tapping it.

play some BlackTop mode 1v1 and try it; basically it's a mode that plays to 21 (one basket 1 point).
Plus, you'll get VC for 90% of black top games; like 150 I believe. which will help you bump up your attributes (if you play My Player) etc.

Good to know. Thanks again man.

kaplin42 01-24-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9347184)

You have to buy a dunk package/signature move after you get your vertical and dunk kind of high. And even then, until your dunk is 99 you won't be able to do all of them.

I play my player as a PG, got drafted #6, and then got traded to the Lakers. Being on the Lakers is like a cheat mod in-of-itself, it's just not even fair to the game.

I found that if you make a PG, with Scoring being your style, then work on your Off/Def awareness and your quickness first, you will have a much easier go. With a 76 +/- on mid-range shots I do that spin move jump shot (B, B, X on XBOX) to get clear and sink it 75% of the time.

I do wish I knew more about basketball though, I just never really played or followed the sport, so I don't know what any of the plays are, and other than a PG and Center, I'm not sure what any of the other positions are supposed to be doing.

Dayze 01-24-2013 12:01 PM

as soon as I get my shooting close/med etc I'm going to start building ball skills (NTTAWWT), and agility etc. my dude is like a stone.

SnakeXJones 05-17-2013 06:41 PM

I bought this couple days ago since I am having more free time and staying off Black Op 2 I love the revamp Career mode hooked for the first time

hometeam 05-17-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnakeXJones (Post 9689428)
I bought this couple days ago since I am having more free time and staying off Black Op 2 I love the revamp Career mode hooked for the first time

It's awesome. My plan was to come home last night and play Warriors vs Spurs, and win the game with Golden State so that it would happen in real life.

I forgot :(

I picked the game up during preseason, and was drafted by the Warriors in career mode. This game has made me actually follow and like basketball, where I was just aware and just slightly positive about it before. I found myself actually cheering for the Warriors in real life and even remarked to myself how it felt so similar to cheering for the Chiefs.