ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The state of the Kansas City Chiefs. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267254)

memyselfI 12-01-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9168505)
NOTHING is going to be positive for the community and players at noon tomorrow.

If the shooting had happened Wednesday? Maybe.

But right before their pre-game walkthrough? Gimme a break. Playing a GAME right now is not galvanzing, uplifting, or positive.

Agreed. I think this team felt under seige before and hunkered down in 'us against the world' thinking. Now? This sort of thing could bring a team closer if they had not already seen so much adversity. I think in one that has it just depletes them.

Screw Godhell. Everyone should take 'Roger, why are we here' signs.

Spott 12-01-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9168530)
htismage brought this up in the SOC thread...but it relates to this thread topic...

Is the whole Fire Pioli movement dead?

No. In another 18 hours we'll be reminded why Pioli needs to be fired.

BigMeatballDave 12-01-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9168530)
htismage brought this up in the SOC thread...but it relates to this thread topic...

Is the whole Fire Pioli movement dead?

I may get slammed for this, and I don't care because I'm sure I'm not alone.

I fear that this incident could prevent Clark from taking care of business.

mikey23545 12-01-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9168283)
When you factor in everything that has happened under Pioli's watch the past 12 months... the Arrowhead Anxiety article, the reports that morale (both among players and other team employees) is at an all time low and the fact another Chiefs employee was involved in a murder suicide in September, it is reasonable to consider how this all might be related.

Just from a football standpoint, the good news is the right GM/HC and QB can instantly change a franchise, regardless of how bad things have been. See the Atlanta Falcons after the Vick/Bobby Petrino fiasco, see the Saints after Hurricane Katrina, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9168247)
It is terrible that Pioli and Romeo had to witness the event. However, given the magnitude of the event, he probably exhibited symptoms prior to this event. People very rarely just go do this type of thing without notice. As his leaders they had it within their power to intervene to prevent such an action, and failed to do so. This post will probably bring me a lot more grief than it's worth, but even the army is putting the emphasis on leader and peer awareness and intervention. I don't see how it should be any different in a football organization.

You know, I bet the suicide of a couple of staunch KC fans would really force Clark's hand...

How about you two idiots take one for the team?

Bump 12-01-2012 04:53 PM

still need to fire Pioli and draft Geno Smith. Nothing has changed.

back to business.

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9168647)
I fear that this incident could prevent Clark from taking care of business.

Nah.

As much as people don't want to blame Pioli for this, CLARK will hold it against him.

This happening on his watch is not good.

It's not his fault, for sure. But he is ultimately responsible as the man in charge. That's big business.

BigMeatballDave 12-01-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9168681)
still need to fire Pioli and draft Geno Smith. Nothing has changed.

back to business.

Yes, but this certainly makes it difficult for Clark to pull the trigger.

Bump 12-01-2012 04:56 PM

I bet that Clark's first thought of this situation was "who the heck is Jevon Belcher?"

Red Beans 12-01-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9168689)

I don't think so. He has the opportunity to play the, "it's best for all of us to move on" card.

Chief Roundup 12-01-2012 05:03 PM

The state we still don't know. For we don't know everything yet. There were some people trying to "connect the dots" of all this stuff.
If it turns out to be true that another player is the father of the baby and that is why he came to arrowhead then there is still more hurt to be brought out. More betrayal within the team.

Chief Roundup 12-01-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9168689)

Not at all. If anything this makes it easier for both parties to move on without all of the negativity.

BigMeatballDave 12-01-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9168720)
Not at all. If anything this makes it easier for both parties to move on without all of the negativity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 9168693)
I don't think so. He has the opportunity to play the, "it's best for all of us to move on" card.

Maybe so. Hadn't thought of it this way.

htismaqe 12-01-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 9168637)
For the community and the players. You think if they're forced to play, that getting their ass kicked is going to make them feel any better?

A win isn't going to make them feel better.

NOTHING is going to make them feel better.

And if a win makes the fans feel better...well then SHAME on those fans.

htismaqe 12-01-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9168720)

If Pioli leaves, it will be on his terms.

It would not surprise me at all to see the guy step away from football completely after this. I know I probably would.

This is just unfathomable.

Chief Roundup 12-01-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9168747)
If Pioli leaves, it will be on his terms.

It would not surprise me at all to see the guy step away from football completely after this. I know I probably would.

This is just unfathomable.

So you don't believe Clark will fire him after the season is over?