ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Let's talk about "true fans" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272743)

cdcox 05-03-2013 09:05 PM

In my long history of Chief fandom, I've been mostly in the two to three range.

Exceptions: I have been extremely negative about three moves from the outset: 1) Herm Edwards, 2) Matt Cassel, and 3) Alex Smith. I was skeptical about 1) Gunther as HC, 2) the return of Gunther, 3) Greg Robinson and 4) McCluster, but willing to wait to see it play out.

The one area that I'm more pessimistic than the average fan on the board is that if I don't see a head coach or QB working out, I'd rather the Chiefs go 0-16 than 8-8. I'm ready to move on, and 8-8 just prolongs the pain.

I'm also no longer satisfied by playoff appearances as a measure of success. I need to see the team on a pathway to dominance.

As for the up coming season I see a floor of 6 wins and a ceiling of a playoff win, which is more optimistic than many on here. But I'm very unhappy with Alex Smith as a QB, because there is no realistic hope that he will be a dynasty level QB.

splatbass 05-03-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9654819)
Either every GM in the NFL is ignorant, or CP groupthink is ignorant.

Hmmm......I wonder which is more likely......:hmmm:

Bearcat 05-03-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9655951)
In my long history of Chief fandom, I've been mostly in the two to three range.

Exceptions: I have been extremely negative about three moves from the outset: 1) Herm Edwards, 2) Matt Cassel, and 3) Alex Smith. I was skeptical about 1) Gunther as HC, 2) the return of Gunther, 3) Greg Robinson and 4) McCluster, but willing to wait to see it play out.

The one area that I'm more pessimistic than the average fan on the board is that if I don't see a head coach or QB working out, I'd rather the Chiefs go 0-16 than 8-8. I'm ready to move on, and 8-8 just prolongs the pain.

I'm also no longer satisfied by playoff appearances as a measure of success. I need to see the team on a pathway to dominance.

As for the up coming season I see a floor of 6 wins and a ceiling of a playoff win, which is more optimistic than many on here. But I'm very unhappy with Alex Smith as a QB, because there is no realistic hope that he will be a dynasty level QB.

:clap:

splatbass 05-03-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9654927)
x1000

If the pessimists were slightly less obnoxious in their self-righteous bitching it wouldn't force balanced fans into homerism.

This.

mikey23545 05-03-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus the True (Post 9654868)
I would honestly call myself a 2.5.

I want to be optimistic but I get as pissed as anyone when things are going bad.

I am trying to stay balanced but the more I get slammed by the 4's and 5's it makes me want to push back making me look like a 1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9654927)
x1000

If the pessimists were slightly less obnoxious in their self-righteous bitching it wouldn't force balanced fans into homerism.

There ya go.

Baby Lee 05-03-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9655325)
I'm pretty sure they have a tattoo of Roaf on their left ass cheek and Shields on the right one.

It's funny, because they were what was wrong with that team.

BigCatDaddy 05-03-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9656130)
It's funny, because they were what was wrong with that team.

It's funny because there was one major difference in the playoff success Will had.

keg in kc 05-03-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9655391)
I do believe it is the Hunt's dictating the QB strategy. They are the consistent ingredient in this scenario, and that is the evidence I see.

All of the other parties have changed, more than once, but the results are the same.

At the very least, Coaches are so afraid to take a chance on drafting one and losing their job. Could the Hunt's be telling them if they draft a QB, they better damn well be right or they are gone?

That's exactly what I think. There's no evidence to this point that that's changed. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised at some point.

As far as the "naysayers and optimists making things worse", I'm sorry to say that's completely a two-way street. In a lot of ways talking Chiefs football here is like a political discussion. I think that's just the internet, though. People seem to be losing the ability to have civil discussions. So much polarization, so much proselytization.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-03-2013 10:23 PM

If you get butthurt by pessimism, there are several homer-friendly sites available. Many in fact. Go ahead and rock that Google one time, Lil Chiefy.
Posted via Mobile Device

boogblaster 05-03-2013 10:24 PM

Marty and Dickie ball were fun to watch .. but didnt get there .. hopefully this time it works .. not expecting miracles yet .....

007 05-04-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9656202)
If you get butthurt by pessimism, there are several homer-friendly sites available. Many in fact. Go ahead and rock that Google one time, Lil Chiefy.
Posted via Mobile Device

THIS

Alex Smith 4Ever 05-04-2013 12:25 AM

I'm shocked that less than 30% of this website counts themselves as pessimists

007 05-04-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith 4Ever (Post 9656367)
I'm shocked that less than 30% of this website counts themselves as pessimists

I'm shocked there are not more naysayers.

Alex Smith 4Ever 05-04-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9656368)
I'm shocked there are not more naysayers.

This entire website is naysayers. I just don't understand why they think they're optimists

007 05-04-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith 4Ever (Post 9656374)
This entire website is naysayers. I just don't understand why they think they're optimists

I've gone through moments of naysayeritis but never fulltime.