ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Let's talk about "true fans" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272743)

BigCatDaddy 05-03-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9655312)
90% of the time I get in a Chiefs discussion with a stranger they are a Truefan.

It's mind-numbing.

I'm pretty sure they have a tattoo of Roaf on their left ass cheek and Shields on the right one.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-03-2013 02:37 PM

I started out as a True Fan. Milkman and Chiefs Country killed that shit RIGHT off. Thanks?
Posted via Mobile Device

Rain Man 05-03-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9655312)
90% of the time I get in a Chiefs discussion with a stranger they are a Truefan.

It's mind-numbing.

I suspect that more casual fans present the appearance of Truefans, because they have less knowledge of, and psychic investment in, the team. It's easy to just say, "go team" and then mow your yard on Sundays if they're not doing well. You like all the draft picks because, hey, it's a new guy, and you don't know enough about the players to know if trades or cuts are good or bad.

For example, if you asked me what baseball team I root for, I'd shrug and say, "None really, but I guess the Rockies since they're local." Are the Rockies a well-run team? Shrug. "I guess so. The last time I looked, they had Larry Walker and Andres Galarraga and Todd Helton. That's pretty good"

Marcellus 05-03-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9655323)
There is a point to which even the most absolute homer, should recognize the trend and what is happening, or they deserve what they get.

I am an example of that, and they are going to have to show me something new.
So far this regime has followed the the exact same moves that have been followed for 30 years, and for most of the teams history prior to that.

In my opinion, anyone that actually believes this team will draft a QB in the first round, in the next two or three years is ignoring the facts. Why would anyone ignore the facts?

Well you are correct, the fact is we haven't drafted a QB in the first round for 30 years.

That we wont in the next say 3 years is not a fact.

Unless you think Clark does not believe in drafting and developing a QB, which there is no evidence to support, then the last 30 years truly is meaningless to the next 3.

Shit if anything don't the odds eventually increase that we draft a QB in the 1st round?

GordonGekko 05-03-2013 02:41 PM

Right now the Chiefs are the worst franchise in the NFL, only homers and very optimistic people can be happy with how the Chiefs are doing.

To me, the Chiefs are committing the same atrocious mistake over and over. They are bringing in has-been qb's from other teams, and not developing their own talent. They are like the Ford of the NFL, thinking about the next fiscal quarter, instead of Honda or Toyota, who make business decisions based upon research that is measured in years. Chiefs play for a band-aid short term fix, while other teams build for a successful long term future. Bleh.

Earthling 05-03-2013 02:42 PM

I'm optimistic at the start of each season. For a long time now I have been beaten down to a nay-sayer at some point in the season. A good year for me is for that beat down not to occur untill the 5th or 6th game has played out.

That being said, I am very optimistic at this point. I am probably in the minority thinking that with a great O-line MOST QB's are going to be successful. And conversely a poor O-line can render even the best QB's ineffective. So yeah, I think we will compete this year. Don't take that away for at least 5 or 6 games please. :p

tecumseh 05-03-2013 02:47 PM

I'm a reality based optimist. Last year had to happen for all the changes to take place that will make this season a better value for cash paying fans.

dirk digler 05-03-2013 02:55 PM

I should have read the Naysayer option before I put my vote in for pessimist. I honestly have no faith in this organization until they go out and prove it. Kind of like how I feel about the Royals.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-03-2013 02:58 PM

I was a pessimist. Then Pioli was fired and Cassel was shown the door. Now I'm an optimist. Don't necessarily love some of the moves made so far, but I trust the guys calling the shots. I've spent most of my fandom as an optimist, being the pessimist sucked hard. I just knew in my heart Cassel was a ****ing failure before he ever took a snap. I don't have that sense with Alex Myth, however I know what he is. A stop gap unless he proves otherwise quickly.

Messier 05-03-2013 03:01 PM

I think one of the biggest misnomers about pessimistic, or "realistic" fans, is that they're more knowledgeable about football. Not true. Some of the most idiotic ideas and thoughts have come from the realistic fans. Peterson or SP only care about filling the stadium, not winning. Clark mandates that no QB be drafted in the first round. Things like that come from people that I'm sure consider themselves realists.

HemiEd 05-03-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus the True (Post 9655330)
Well you are correct, the fact is we haven't drafted a QB in the first round for 30 years.

That we wont in the next say 3 years is not a fact.

Unless you think Clark does not believe in drafting and developing a QB, which there is no evidence to support, then the last 30 years truly is meaningless to the next 3.

Shit if anything don't the odds eventually increase that we draft a QB in the 1st round?

Actually, you and I have had this discussion before and we agreed to disagree.
I do believe it is the Hunt's dictating the QB strategy. They are the consistent ingredient in this scenario, and that is the evidence I see.

All of the other parties have changed, more than once, but the results are the same.

At the very least, Coaches are so afraid to take a chance on drafting one and losing their job. Could the Hunt's be telling them if they draft a QB, they better damn well be right or they are gone?

007 05-03-2013 03:53 PM

I voted pessimist before I even read the thread and your definition fit me to a T.

hometeam 05-03-2013 04:45 PM

I voted balanced, but looking over the criteria again, I should be in the pessimist section~

TimeForWasp 05-03-2013 05:00 PM

I'm a naysayer about being a homer, but have optimistically balanced pessimism about generic altenate Zresponses.

warpaint* 05-03-2013 05:03 PM

I picked balanced but after reading the descriptions should have selected pessimist.