ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Let's talk about "true fans" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272743)

morphius 05-03-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9654812)
This place is like a shitty stand-up comedian who thinks he's really smart and witty but isn't, so he masks it by doing the "perpetually pissed off guy" schtick.

Why people think ranting and raving makes them look like they know what they're talking about is beyond me.

Works for Jim Rome...

notorious 05-03-2013 09:53 AM

Somewhere between 3-4.

Thanks a lot Pioli.

The Franchise 05-03-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

1 - True "homers" who will cheer for the team and applaud every move they make unconditionally. These types almost don't even exist on ChiefsPlanet (though people like to act like they do). These are only a small portion of the Chiefs fanbase, and they look like this.
This is the only statement I don't believe. These people aren't a small portion. There are literally thousands of these ****ers out there. They have zero football knowledge and only go off of what ESPN and NFL tell them.

notorious 05-03-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9654812)
This place is like a shitty stand-up comedian who thinks he's really smart and witty but isn't, so he masks it by doing the "perpetually pissed off guy" schtick.

Why people think ranting and raving makes them look like they know what they're talking about is beyond me.

/Late

LMAO

Easy 6 05-03-2013 09:54 AM

Balanced, i prefer optimism but am always open to pessimism when presented with good evidence.

True Fan really doesnt mean much anymore, there are precious few full-blown homers on here these days.

gblowfish 05-03-2013 09:54 AM

"Here Charlie Brown, you run up and kick the football...I'll hold it for you...."

-King- 05-03-2013 09:55 AM

I don't think ive ever used the term.
Posted via Mobile Device

MTG#10 05-03-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9654835)
"Here Charlie Brown, you run up and kick the football...I'll hold it for you...."

God I hated that bitch.

DaFace 05-03-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9654829)
This is the only statement I don't believe. These people aren't a small portion. There are literally thousands of these ****ers out there. They have zero football knowledge and only go off of what ESPN and NFL tell them.

I don't mean to say that they don't exist in the world, but just not on here. CP eats homers alive.

Even then, though, my personal guess is that only 10-15% of the total fanbase really falls into that category. See: Arrowhead attendance late last year.

notorious 05-03-2013 09:56 AM

If a homer can stay a homer through 10 years of shit, I don't know whether to applaud them or loathe them.

WhawhaWhat 05-03-2013 09:59 AM

Always an optimist.

-King- 05-03-2013 09:59 AM

I think I'm balanced for the most part. I hate the Alex Smith trade but I could see this team winning 10 games and going to the playoffs. I think there's a huge difference between Crennel and Reid and that alone is worth 4-5 more wins.
Posted via Mobile Device

track 05-03-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9654819)
..... Either every GM in the NFL is ignorant, or CP groupthink is ignorant.

Just as in politics where most of the noise is made by the people who are the extremist on the right and left, so it is here at CP. The naysayers(which includes many of those who mislabel themselves as pessimist) dominate the forum even though as in politics their numbers are small compared to the larger population....so it is here at CP.

Per webster most of the CP naysayers and pessimist aren't really fans....
def... Definition of FAN

: an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator

BigCatDaddy 05-03-2013 10:02 AM

I consider myself a realist, but am probably viewed as a pessimist because well this team has history of sucking and it looks like they will again. So when you think they suck and they do you get viewed as being negative, but you are actually a realist :shrug:

DaKCMan AP 05-03-2013 10:04 AM

I'm an Awesome Optimist with pragmatic expectations and realistic evaluations.

I'm optimistic about most things in my life (who wouldn't be whilst this Awesome?) but in reference to the OP definitions - I always knew, and voiced, that Cassel would be a failure.