ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Late Night Bullshit: Leon Sandcastle jokes aren't funny (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270007)

htismaqe 02-14-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9402266)
You didn't read my post, did you?

How old is Deion Sanders? There's no way any scout would be impressed by a dude in his mid 40s doing combine drills, especially after that guy has taken a pounding in a long NFL career

You're the guy that got up and walked out during Jurassic Park when they said "it's a UNIX system" aren't you?

Mr. Flopnuts 02-14-2013 10:00 AM

LOL So much butthurt over that ****ing commercial.

RealSNR 02-14-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9402280)
You're the guy that got up and walked out during Jurassic Park when they said "it's a UNIX system" aren't you?

Jurassic Park is one of my top 10 favorite movies, actually.

And before you encourage the mods, know that I've got a name change request for you in my back pocket, reachmaqe :D

J Diddy 02-14-2013 10:06 AM

Leave Seth MacFarlane out of this.

htismaqe 02-14-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9402287)
Jurassic Park is one of my top 10 favorite movies, actually.

And before you encourage the mods, know that I've got a name change request for you in my back pocket, reachmaqe :D

ROFL

This war will be televised!

Hammock Parties 02-14-2013 10:17 AM

I bet SNR walked out of Any Given Sunday when a running QB won a playoff game on a scramble.

lcarus 02-14-2013 10:39 AM

I agree that the commercial was only slightly funny for a second, but Deion Sanders is probably still really fast and in shape. That was him doing all that combine stuff right?

Fat Elvis 02-14-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9402266)
You didn't read my post, did you?

How old is Deion Sanders? There's no way any scout would be impressed by a dude in his mid 40s doing combine drills, especially after that guy has taken a pounding in a long NFL career

You: a) really have no sense of humor whatsoever, and b) apparently didn't watch the commercial; Deion wasn't trying to pass himself off as a mid 40s rookie, that is why "Leon" was referred to as that "kid" several times during the commercial.

The commercial is a poke at the targeted age demographics, a poke at the hype around the combine and draft, a poke at the scouts looking for the "next big thing," a poke at workout warriors, a poke at Deion Sanders, a poke at the Chiefs, ect. It is funny on so many levels.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-14-2013 10:40 AM

Meh

Fat Elvis 02-14-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9402400)
I agree that the commercial was only slightly funny for a second, but Deion Sanders is probably still really fast and in shape. That was him doing all that combine stuff right?

No. Whitlock would love this, but it was a Ball State corner back named Andre Dawson...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...xlvii/1894275/

RealSNR 02-14-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9402401)
You: a) really have no sense of humor whatsoever, and b) apparently didn't watch the commercial; Deion wasn't trying to pass himself off as a mid 40s rookie, that is why "Leon" was referred to as that "kid" several times during the commercial.

The commercial is a poke at the targeted age demographics, a poke at the hype around the combine and draft, a poke at the scouts looking for the "next big thing," a poke at workout warriors, a poke at Deion Sanders, a poke at the Chiefs, ect. It is funny on so many levels.

I know Deion was pretending to be a young rookie as Leon. My point is he can't run that fast. Not what he used to. If he could, he'd still be in the NFL

Setsuna 02-14-2013 01:46 PM

It was hilarious and if it was the Jags this thread would be titled: There aren't enough Leon Sandcastle Jokes. I like you SNR but damn bro. Go down on your wife and don't come up for air for half an hour then come back to this thread and see it for what it is.

Garcia Bronco 02-14-2013 02:12 PM

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Go Donks!!!

Steron 02-14-2013 02:25 PM

I filed this in the who cares folder. It's a stupid commercial. It was mildly amusing for a second. JFC get over it.

Spott 02-14-2013 04:15 PM

I never saw the commercial or the game itself. What was the commercial for?