ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Report: Jets will pay “whatever it takes” to get Kirk Cousins (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314004)

Simply Red 02-19-2018 03:06 PM

Not sure if repost or if it even matters - probably a non-story - but just in case I'll paste it below.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.3f0d9e5591cd

Mile High Mania 02-19-2018 03:33 PM

Here is the QB Contract list and when each becomes a FA...

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/

This year will be nothing compared to 2019 and 2020, sign your QBs now. The $40M a year QB is not that far away.

TEX 02-19-2018 06:34 PM

Let the Cousins bidding war begin!

:popcorn:

Pasta Little Brioni 02-19-2018 07:50 PM

Franchise QB my ass ROFL Stat whore.

stumppy 02-19-2018 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13425267)
nobody would trade w/ the Redskins again if they pulled a stunt like that.

Sure they would. There are 31 other teams that are always looking to improve.
They may not just take them at their word, might require something in writing as soon as a deal is agreed to but yea. If the Redskins have something another team wants they aren't going to not trade based on a deal gone south with the Chiefs.
Not sure why everyone thinks any of the teams wouldn't trade with them in the future.

BryanBusby 02-19-2018 08:18 PM

I think the Jets signing Cousins would be wise on their end.

They've had shit luck with developing a QB and signing Kirk means they can forget Hack ever existed.

He won't ravage that cap, either.

Nickhead 02-20-2018 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13425330)
Not only that but they'd be without a QB because if they Franchise Cousins again, they're looking at paying him $34.5 million in 2018 and they've already let it be known that they don't want him back.

It would be disastrous for their franchise, especially after agreeing to terms with not only the Chiefs but with Alex Smith's agent as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13425334)
yes.

i am more like, how many teams inquired about alex, versus kc shopping him to teams. if kc was the instigator, it's 'possible' another team could decide to undercut the skins. not saying it would happen, but if that deal broke apart, i think kc would be the indian giver :D

cooper barrett 02-20-2018 02:42 AM

I expect it to get interesting but I doubt the Chiefs would back out. Maybe we'll be seeing Washington trade off Smith as a possibility.

I wonder what the Jets or someone else would give to get Alex with a five year deal, if the market get's crazy and cousins agrees to or gets stuck with the franchise tag or inks a long term deal.

Nickhead 02-20-2018 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13426165)
I expect it to get interesting but I doubt the Chiefs would back out. Maybe we'll be seeing Washington trade off Smith as a possibility.

I wonder what the Jets or someone else would give to get Alex with a five year deal, if the market get's crazy and cousins agrees to or gets stuck with the franchise tag or inks a long term deal.

i think the redskins get the better end of the deal personally. no year to year baggage with alex unlike cousins. cousins as predicted, may sign the most lucrative contract for an NFL player ever. there is a huge burden that comes with that, unless he lands in cleveland. even still there is pressure.

just the alex part of the deal, not the other tid-bits :D

Chiefs=Champions 02-20-2018 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13426165)

Wut?

Red Dawg 02-20-2018 05:15 AM

Kirk to Jets. AJ to Denver. Book it.

cooper barrett 02-20-2018 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 13426172)
Wut?

I just expect some voodajay on this by the time it plays out.

patteeu 02-20-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 13425306)
I imagine there is a good chance during the next CBA negotiations they come up with a single player max to keep the salary of QBs under control. The NFLPA will agree to it because the money will still have to be paid it will just be spread out over more players. You have to think that all the non-QBs in the league have to be getting pissed that the QBs are screwing their contract value up.

Side observation: The franchise tag serves to help spread the money around by partially blocking high end players from free agency, but the players seem to hate it even though most of them benefit.

wazu 02-20-2018 10:35 AM

I hope Denver wins the bidding war.

Dave Lane 02-20-2018 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn (Post 13424968)
Donks are gonna end up with Allen or Mayfield lol

Please let it be Mayfield, then bring Gunter back as DC for one game so he can make him turn a new Leaf.