ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games God of War (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315025)

Clyde Frog 04-20-2018 12:31 PM

God of War

Anybody playing it? I beat the original trilogy and LOVED it. I currently have my PS4 downloading it in rest mode so its ready to go when I get home from work.

Gravedigger 04-20-2018 01:43 PM

Got it today at lunch, between online school and God of War that's all I'm going to be doing this weekend!

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 04-20-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 13525121)
Got it today at lunch, between online school and God of War that's all I'm going to be doing this weekend!

Yeah, I’ve got a major presentation to prepare for a class on Monday. I’ve played a few hours so far. Having a blast. I’m trying to use Soulsborne controls, though. Need to spend some more time with it I guess. I’m playing on an old PS4 and the graphics look gorgeous.

Clyde Frog 04-20-2018 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 13525121)

I've already planned a "no life" weekend and cleared it with the GF.

Clyde Frog 04-20-2018 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy (Post 13525297)
Yeah, I’ve got a major presentation to prepare for a class on Monday. I’ve played a few hours so far. Having a blast. I’m trying to use Soulsborne controls, though. Need to spend some more time with it I guess. I’m playing on an old PS4 and the graphics look gorgeous.

Any reason why you're using that control set up?

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 04-20-2018 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 13525365)
Any reason why you're using that control set up?

Oh, that’s not what I mean. I meant I’m pressing the wrong buttons. My subconscious thinks I’m playing a soulsborne game.

Clyde Frog 04-20-2018 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy (Post 13525370)
Oh, that’s not what I mean. I meant I’m pressing the wrong buttons. My subconscious thinks I’m playing a soulsborne game.

Ah, I didn't get the reference. Thanks for clarifying.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 04-20-2018 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 13525379)
Ah, I didn't get the reference. Thanks for clarifying.

I could’ve worded it better. The games feel pretty similar. This always happens when I switch between similar games. Takes a couple days of playing to rewire my brain.

Clyde Frog 04-20-2018 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy (Post 13525391)
I could’ve worded it better. The games feel pretty similar. This always happens when I switch between similar games. Takes a couple days of playing to rewire my brain.

Same. I played Assassins Creed:Origins and The Witcher III around the same tine and I would get jacked up with the controls when I would switch games as DLC dropped.

Jerm 04-21-2018 12:01 PM

I'm early in but maaan the combat is so satisfying...esp. when you start learning how to chain and use attack/defense and use Atreus properly.

Also the first true boss fight is one of the coolest things I've ever experienced in a video game period. Holy. Shit.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 04-21-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 13526061)
I'm early in but maaan the combat is so satisfying...esp. when you start learning how to chain and use attack/defense and use Atreus properly.

Also the first true boss fight is one of the coolest things I've ever experienced in a video game period. Holy. Shit.

Concur. That fight was incredible. They did the cinematic touch really well without over doing it.

ThaVirus 04-21-2018 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 13526061)

The Stranger?

That was ****ing awesome. Who is that, by the way??? He said he was sent by Odin..

AssEaterChief 04-21-2018 07:44 PM

Started playing it last night for a bit. Seems like it is going to be epic

Jerm 04-21-2018 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13526499)
The Stranger?

That was ****ing awesome. Who is that, by the way??? He said he was sent by Odin..

Yeah him....don't know who he is yet, I'm sure we find out.

Gravedigger 04-22-2018 03:10 AM

Story gets pretty ambitious, just got done travelling back from the first realm you go to. Definitely hooked in now, I agree the Stranger fight is pretty badass and absolutely sets the tone.