ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Spider Man 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266112)

Wallcrawler 02-04-2014 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10414582)
Its bad enough that neither series bothers to explain where this kid got his fancy suit

Try again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuKqQ6plZ_I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpSrswsOl0o

Ragged Robin 02-04-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10414885)
His issue was suspension of disbelief.

It goes both ways.. He gets all his spider powers so why is it so hard to accept he gets the web shit too? Why not?

Easy 6 02-04-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10414621)
He creates the web shooters in the comics.

This is a film based on the comic.

What part of this are you having difficulty with?

You can believe that a guy can get the proportional strength, speed, agility, and borderline precognition of a spider, but you cant believe that he might be able to build web shooters?

Heh. Stick to non fiction, and your head will hurt less pal.

ROFL whoa, yeah maybe I'm just out of my depth with all of the heavy mental lifting in comic books.

Wallcrawler 02-04-2014 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10414930)
It goes both ways.. He gets all his spider powers so why is it so hard to accept he gets the web shit too? Why not?

Are you dense?

I never said it wasn't believable. I simply pointed out how ridiculous it is to say something is "hard to believe" or "easier to believe" in a movie based on a comic book that is based on completely unbelievable shit.

As for why not, I would simply say if youre going to make a movie based on a book, you should remain true to the source material.

I guess its not that big of a deal when you think about it. Its not like any shitty comic book movies were made that completely disregarded the source material.

Its not like anything completely stupid has ever happened like Sandman being Uncle Ben's killer, Sabretooth being Wolverine's brother, or Deadpool having katanas up his arms shooting optic blasts with his mouth sewn shut. I guess with the way Im acting you would think that Batman's love interest in the books turned out to be some halfassed villain that tried to kill him, destroy Gotham, and got herself killed in the process, all after an eight year stint where Bruce inexplicably just stopped being The Batman.

Screw it. We don't need source material. Im sure the Hollywood screenwriters can do a much better job than the folks that have been actually writing the stories for decades.

Wallcrawler 02-04-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10414951)
ROFL whoa, yeah maybe I'm just out of my depth with all of the heavy mental lifting in comic books.

Maybe not so much that as youre just not paying attention. You took issue with not knowing where he got the suit, and I provided the clips from both films that explain your issue.

Maybe you never read the comic books. Its just funny to me that in a movie filled with totally unbelievable shit, someone would call bullshit and be like "brah, that would TOTALLY never happen."

Its hilarious.

Easy 6 02-04-2014 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10414979)
Maybe not so much that as youre just not paying attention. You took issue with not knowing where he got the suit, and I provided the clips from both films that explain your issue.

Maybe you never read the comic books. Its just funny to me that in a movie filled with totally unbelievable shit, someone would call bullshit and be like "brah, that would TOTALLY never happen."

Its hilarious.

Yes, I forgot the movies talking about the suits.

But in the instance of the webs, I dont care about the official lore, gaining that power like he gained every other makes a lot more sense to me... and oh yes, I read the hell out of Spidey comics as a kid, but that was the 70's so its been a while.

Wallcrawler 02-04-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10415011)
Yes, I forgot the movies talking about the suits.

But in the instance of the webs, I dont care about the official lore, gaining that power like he gained every other makes a lot more sense to me... and oh yes, I read the hell out of Spidey comics as a kid, but that was the 70's so its been a while.

They were better then.

Cheaper too.

Ragged Robin 02-04-2014 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10414962)
As for why not, I would simply say if youre going to make a movie based on a book, you should remain true to the source material.

Please. Even the most successful superhero film ever completely and utterly shits on the source material. The entire Nolan franchise shits on the Bat mythos. Taking the liberty of such a minor detail that you spend less than two seconds thinking about while watching is not a big deal.

Wallcrawler 02-04-2014 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10415049)
Please. Even the most successful superhero film ever completely and utterly shits on the source material.

And what film is that, exactly?

Ragged Robin 02-04-2014 10:55 PM

Also from that "love interest" comment it sounds like you don't actually know what you're talking about. Talia has been the greatest batman villian in the last decade in the comics. NOT just a 'love interest.'

Wallcrawler 02-04-2014 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10415058)
Also from that "love interest" comment it sounds like you don't actually know what you're talking about. Talia has been the greatest batman villian in the last decade in the comics. NOT just a 'love interest.'

And she was handled so well in DKR. Weird.

Bats had no idea who she was.

Ragged Robin 02-04-2014 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10415063)
And she was handled so well in DKR. Weird.

Bats had no idea who she was.

Because, as I said, Nolan shits all over the source material.

Wallcrawler 02-04-2014 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10415065)
Because, as I said, Nolan shits all over the source material.

And yet you claim that its not a big deal to disregard it.

Strange.

Ragged Robin 02-04-2014 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10415070)
And yet you claim that its not a big deal to disregard it.

Strange.

Yeah it's not a big deal apparently because The Dark Knight is the highest grossing film ever. Nolan's films were the complete character and source assassination and yet you're discreditting the Spiderman franchise due to such a small and pointless source material change like web-wrists versus web-shooters. That's like me saying Nolan's films are shit because he makes Batman expose his eyes and wear makeup instead of wearing high tech lenses like he's supposed to ROFL. Virtually everything about Nolan's films goes against source material down to how the character flat out responds and you hardly hear a peep about it.

Easy 6 02-04-2014 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10415023)
They were better then.

Cheaper too.

Pretty sure that when I stopped buying them they were no more than 25 cents.