ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV NBC cans 30 Rock, Community, and Parks and Rec (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259373)

Predarat 02-04-2013 12:49 PM

finially!

KcMizzou 02-04-2013 06:25 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z584YZtS9c4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pitt Gorilla 02-04-2013 07:55 PM

I'm still trying to figure out why people (for the most part) don't watch NBC comedies. Is it the lack of a laugh track? Do people need to be told when something is funny?

30 Rock, Parks & Rec, and Community are all brilliant. WTF is wrong with people?

AndChiefs 02-04-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9378731)
I'm still trying to figure out why people (for the most part) don't watch NBC comedies. Is it the lack of a laugh track? Do people need to be told when something is funny?

30 Rock, Parks & Rec, and Community are all brilliant. WTF is wrong with people?

I agree. I've never watched that broke waitress show but I've never even once came close to cracking a smile in their promo's. How do shows like that outperform great shows like Community?

keg in kc 02-04-2013 11:16 PM

They're too smart. I've literally had people tell me that when I ask. They prefer stuff like 2 Broke Girls because you can turn your brain off, and watching something like Community makes them either feel dumb, or like they're watching something that only snooty hipster people watch, and they don't see themselves like that.

(Seriously, I've been told this...)

GoChargers 02-04-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 9378741)
I agree. I've never watched that broke waitress show but I've never even once came close to cracking a smile in their promo's. How do shows like that outperform great shows like Community?

Because people are stupid.

Dayze 02-05-2013 11:01 AM

I used to watch Two Broke Girls simply for Kat Denning (or whatever he name is)

Pitt Gorilla 02-05-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9378526)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z584YZtS9c4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

But I don't know where to laugh!!! Save me, According to Jim!

Baby Lee 02-05-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9379799)
I used to watch Two Broke Girls simply for Kat Denning (or whatever he name is)

Kat has great bewbs, but Betsy has that ACE.

Baby Lee 02-08-2013 12:02 AM

Man, the food poisoning bit on P&r.

Pitt Gorilla 02-08-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9380035)
But I don't know where to laugh!!! Save me, According to Jim!

Wow, nice foreshadowing. I had no idea.

NJChiefsFan 02-08-2013 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9372606)
I mean how genius is it to have Richard Belzer PLAY Munch as Belzer playing Munch in his latest appearance as Munch on TV, putting 30 Rock in the Tommy Westphall-averse for all time? Then referencing the Westphall-averse in the end without directly going to it, but going back to the immortal Kenneth bit and mixing it with Liz Lemon's multi-racial progeny, and Jetson's sound effects?

Crazy making!!

I should totally start a business where you can spend Christmas in the Hamptons alone, drinking scotch and throwing firecrackers at Billy Joel's dog. Guess I missed the boat on Tan Penis Island.

You ever read the paper a professor wrote arguing against the Westphall Universe? I get a kick out of that kind of stuff.

I thought this was a pretty damn good season for 30 Rock. Some people like seeing their TV shows go out with a bang. It makes sense, but for me it just makes me more sad. I regret it less when they go out having used up their spotlight, ie X-Files. Although I was ok with it then expecting real movies to follow. Anyway....

As for the reason these shows fail, I don't know. As some have mentioned its just too smart for some. Some shows, like my favorite in this genre Arrested Development, also suffered from the issue of being a running story line. It's hard to follow that show by just jumping in. That was the ultimate value of shows like Seinfeld. With shows built like 30 Rock, so much of the humor is built on knowing the character. I also think its about not having the patience to follow it closely enough. Some people may have the patience in real life but not in following shows. I see it with people in my family. People I would consider smart people but that just wouldn't care for a show like 30 Rock or A Dev.

Setsuna 02-08-2013 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 9378741)

Because of Kat Dennings's tits. But the Big Bang Theory is quite possibly the dumbest show of its kind EVER. Anyone who likes it is completely mental.

Silock 02-08-2013 02:36 AM

I love Big Bang Theory.

Setsuna 02-08-2013 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9386689)
I love Big Bang Theory.

:Lin: