ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Demarcus Robinson, a superstar in the making? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316730)

UChieffyBugger 08-10-2018 03:54 PM

Demarcus Robinson, a superstar in the making?

The penny seems to have dropped with this kid. He was absolute class against the Titans and once again he carried that form on last night. Folks have been raving about him In camp and it just all looks to be coming together for him now.

He's recently spoken about the hard work he put in with Pat In the offseason and how he's finally started to grasp the playbook, So I expect to see him get better and better with each snap. That stop-start move he pulled off for the touchdown yesterday was pure quality. He's just so elusive and his ability to get separation in tight spaces is second to none imo.

I think he's gonna be our number three WR and I believe he will make a massive step forward this season. Because in terms of raw talent he really does have it all I think and he actually compliments Tyreek, Sammy and Kelce so well because his style is different to all of them.

Easy 6 08-10-2018 03:59 PM

He is the kind of explosive player who can potentially be a star, yes... still a long way to go though, obviously

I do believe he will take the #3 from Conley, he is just a better all around athlete

Kiimo 08-10-2018 04:02 PM

Conley can do one thing. Catch a 7 yard slant for a first down.

The Chiefs should restrict him to doing that one thing because Robinson is a quality #3. I love this guy.

He's gonna catch bombs from Mahomes just like he did last year in the preseason.

Hammock Parties 08-10-2018 04:04 PM

He only timed 4.59. He plays much faster. Faster than Conley, who ran a better 40.

I think he's going to turn out to be one of those guys who is just good at football and the measurables don't matter.

ChiefGator 08-10-2018 04:04 PM

Our WR corp is definitely deeper than any time in recent history. Our entire offense really is stacked when you add in Kelce, Hunt, and Ware.

Now we just need the o-line to take better shape. They have me pretty worried at the moment.

UChieffyBugger 08-10-2018 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13669568)
He is the kind of explosive player who can potentially be a star, yes... still a long way to go though, obviously

I do believe he will take the #3 from Conley, he is just a better all around athlete

Many In Chiefs media laughed off the notion that Robinson could take the number three spot from Conley but now it's looking more and more likely by the day. Because he's not only a deep threat, but his elusiveness and quick bursts allows him to be a nightmare in the middle of the field too. I just cannot see how teams will be able to deal with Hill, Watkins, Robinson and Kelce. I think D-Rob will see a ton of one on one and be in loads of space In the middle of the field against guys who will not be able to cope with him.

Buckweath 08-10-2018 04:09 PM

Big fan of Robinson here. I was always in the Robinson over Conley camp this off season.

The thing is, unless we have an injury, his targets will be limited by having to play second fiddle to Hunt, Kelce, Hill and Watkins.

UChieffyBugger 08-10-2018 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 13669582)
Our WR corp is definitely deeper than any time in recent history. Our entire offense really is stacked when you add in Kelce, Hunt, and Ware.

Now we just need the o-line to take better shape. They have me pretty worried at the moment.

I think our O-line are one of those groups who take time to get going, but when they get in a rhythm they really are decent. I fully expect them to be in sync when the real stuff starts.

UChieffyBugger 08-10-2018 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 13669592)
Big fan of Robinson here. I was always in the Robinson over Conley camp this off season.

The thing is, unless we have an injury, his targets will be limited by having to play second fiddle to Hunt, Kelce, Hill and Watkins.

Yeah that could be a worry but I actually think that teams will be so concerned about Hill, Watkins and Kelce that Andy is likely to involve Robinson much more than teams will expect.

Easy 6 08-10-2018 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 13669587)
Many In Chiefs media laughed off the notion that Robinson could take the number three spot from Conley but now it's looking more and more likely by the day. Because he's not only a deep threat, but his elusiveness and quick bursts allows him to be a nightmare in the middle of the field too. I just cannot see how teams will be able to deal with Hill, Watkins, Robinson and Kelce. I think D-Rob will see a ton of one on one and be in loads of space In the middle of the field against guys who will not be able to cope with him.

A good example is the double move Robinson used on the TD from Henne, Conley doesnt have the foot quickness to pull off a double move like that

Kiimo 08-10-2018 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13669580)
He only timed 4.59. He plays much faster. Faster than Conley, who ran a better 40.

I think he's going to turn out to be one of those guys who is just good at football and the measurables don't matter.

For some reason that made me think of Rod Smith.

Draft position and combine numbers don't mean everything. Rod Smith could play. So can Robinson.

There shouldn't be any reason to have Conley starting over this guy in my opinion.

Fish 08-10-2018 04:19 PM

Conley had infinitely better Combine numbers. But Robinson sure looks to be the better player on the field at this point. I really like him.

Titty Meat 08-10-2018 04:20 PM

Reactionary planet god damn

Kiimo 08-10-2018 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13669608)
Reactionary planet god damn

http://i.imgur.com/v5ERkve.gif
http://i.imgur.com/pvZHfzn.gif
http://i.imgur.com/IoJQbRA.gif

There is evidence.

Hammock Parties 08-10-2018 04:27 PM

The way he plucks the ball out of the air on most of his catches is really nice.