ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Irrational Fears (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271583)

DaneMcCloud 04-01-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9548017)
They're ****ing awful. Hate them.

I did find out that jeans + certain kinds of bug spray keeps them away for the most part. I did nearly drive my car off I-35 once because I looked down and saw one on my hand. Holy ****.

That is crazy.

Glad you're okay.

Sorter 04-01-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9548032)
That is crazy.

Glad you're okay.

I was not a happy Sorter.

In my rage/fear/attempting to drive without wrecking my car into a ditch doing 70+, the little bastard fell off my hand. Never did catch him. Part of me thinks he's just lurking in my car, waiting.

Completely illogical though.

Right?

ghak99 04-01-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9548017)
They're ****ing awful. Hate them.

I did find out that jeans + certain kinds of bug spray keeps them away for the most part. I did nearly drive my car off I-35 once because I looked down and saw one on my hand. Holy ****.

That stuff doesn't work very well when you walk through a nest of them.

I looked down and saw hundreds of the little black dots covering my legs from the knees down once. If I could have shed my ****ing skin I gladly would have. Creeped me the hell out and I swore I felt them on me for days. One or two, ok, no big deal, but a couple hundred... **** a monkey, I'm out!

A local guy had to take one of his children to the hospital with over 50 of the little pin headed bastards all over his legs with countless other bites. It was a serious deal for at least a week with many of them so small they had gotten deep into the child's skin. Makes me want to mow everything and napalm the little bastards.

Mother****erJones 04-01-2013 10:26 PM

Ive never seen a tick in my life

Sorter 04-01-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 9548081)
That stuff doesn't work very well when you walk through a nest of them.

I looked down and saw hundreds of the little black dots covering my legs from the knees down once. If I could have shed my ****ing skin I gladly would have. Creeped me the hell out and I swore I felt them on me for days. One or two, ok, no big deal, but a couple hundred... **** a monkey, I'm out!

A local guy had to take one of his children to the hospital with over 50 of the little pin headed bastards all over his legs with countless other bites. It was a serious deal for at least a week with many of them so small they had gotten deep into the child's skin. Makes me want to mow everything and napalm the little bastards.

This.

Also, if I saw hundreds of those ****ers on me, I'd probably lose it.

ClevelandBronco 04-01-2013 10:32 PM

Heights. Not flying, flying is fine. Window seat is cool. On the other hand, I can't get within 10 feet of an office building window without freezing up.

frankotank 04-02-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 9546394)
I have no fear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9546598)
Cure your fear Mongo style...

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/4171/mongo.gif

Horses can be assholes...

hmmm.....so MOhillbilly's real name is Mongo.

splatbass 04-02-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 9546394)
I have no fear.

Everyone has fear. Yours is apparently admitting you have fear.

ChiefMojo 04-02-2013 09:00 AM

Bees and Wasps. Also have a fear of heights (not counting mountains unless overlooking a cliff) and being in the ocean with a rip current.

Fish 04-02-2013 09:04 AM

I often have fears of runaway vehicles jumping the curb while I'm walking down the sidewalk with someone. Especially when I'm out walking with my daughter. I always have to make her walk on the inside, away from the street. Also do it when walking with a girlfriend. But I never really bother when I'm just walking by myself. Just when I'm walking with others.